Compaq Presario Unreal Tournament Problems

ZashAshteganze

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2003
Last year I bought a Compaq Presario 900. I have loved it so far. I'm a big gamer and it plays most of the games I like go play at a decent resolution/frame rate (UT2K3 runs great with the settings turned down at 800x600). I ran into a problem recently however. When I install Unreal Tournament (not unreal tournament 2003) I tell it to use Direct 3D and it runs fine. It's just like 300% too fast. Everything is super fast. The introduction, the game itself. It's like someone put the game on super steroids. It's not just my copy of UT either b/c it does the same thing on Deus Ex (which runs on the UT engine). I don't know what to do. Here is an Xbitlabs article which has all of my laptop's stats (except my laptop has 512 megs of DDR ram). If anyone has any clue how to fix this stupid problem, please let me know. (Also if you know where I can find a new shell for my laptop since mine's breaking a lot nowadays).

mrwhipper

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2002
Did you try running it in Open GL? With the Open GL patch I feel UT plays better in Open GL.

They are our, fathers, mothers, brothers, sisters, sons, daughters, friends, neighbors. They are OUR TROOPS! Please support them.