Samsung I700 and upgrade to PPC 2003?

a b Ô Samsung
April 11, 2004 3:28:59 AM

I have the SPH-i700 with Verizon. Does anyone know, if it can be upgraded to
Pocket PC 2003? If so, when will the upgrade be available, and how can I get
it?

thanks
Anonymous
a b Ô Samsung
April 11, 2004 8:07:00 AM

Hello,
try this newsgroup, there is a lot of discussion about ppc2003 and ppc2003
SE
being available for the I-700.

hope this helps,
BB.

BTW nothing beats the i-700 (even with the ppc2002).

--
Get The CrashCart!!
http://www.rncrashcart.com
"GLeger" <legend96@NSPMeatel.net> wrote in message
> I have the SPH-i700 with Verizon. Does anyone know, if it can be upgraded
> Pocket PC 2003? If so, when will the upgrade be available, and how can I
get
> it?
>
> thanks

Anonymous
a b Ô Samsung
April 11, 2004 8:37:13 AM

BTW - How do you like the i700? I was looking at one today and it seemed
pretty cool, but expensive.

"GLeger" <legend96@NSPMeatel.net> wrote in message
> I have the SPH-i700 with Verizon. Does anyone know, if it can be upgraded
> Pocket PC 2003? If so, when will the upgrade be available, and how can I
get
> it?
>
> thanks

a b Ô Samsung
April 11, 2004 8:37:14 AM

This thing is awesome. I really like it, some things need a little work,
like the actual phone use is a little
cumbersome, but overall, I think the strengths outweigh the weaknesses!!!

Do you know anything about upgrading the OS to Mobile 2003? Does this have
to be done through the
carrier, or can I just purchase the new Operating system, and install it
myself???

thanks

"Brooke" <tbrooked@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> BTW - How do you like the i700? I was looking at one today and it seemed
> pretty cool, but expensive.
>

> "GLeger" <legend96@NSPMeatel.net> wrote in message
> > I have the SPH-i700 with Verizon. Does anyone know, if it can be
upgraded
> > Pocket PC 2003? If so, when will the upgrade be available, and how can I
> get
> > it?
> >
> > thanks

April 11, 2004 10:23:47 AM

GLeger wrote:
> I have the SPH-i700 with Verizon. Does anyone know, if it can be
> upgraded to Pocket PC 2003?

No.

> If so, when will the upgrade be
> available, and how can I get it?

Microsoft is saying that it is up to Samsung to release PPC2003 for the
I700. I have not gotten any notification from Verizon or Samsung that
the release happened yet. Verizon was posting on their site that they had
hoped for a May release, but I have not heard anything since.

--
____________________________
Ah, Young Grasshopper.

"Grasshopper" <Grasshopper@KungFu.net> wrote in message
> GLeger wrote:
> > I have the SPH-i700 with Verizon. Does anyone know, if it can be
> > upgraded to Pocket PC 2003?
>
> No.
>
> > If so, when will the upgrade be
> > available, and how can I get it?
>
> Microsoft is saying that it is up to Samsung to release PPC2003 for the
> I700. I have not gotten any notification from Verizon or Samsung that
> the release happened yet. Verizon was posting on their site that they had
> hoped for a May release, but I have not heard anything since.
>
> --
> ____________________________
> Ah, Young Grasshopper.
> Sometimes it is eyes that blind a man.

Thanks for the info. So, you think there will be an upgrade, but it's just
going to be a matter of time???

thanks again
April 11, 2004 10:27:39 AM

Brooke wrote:
> BTW - How do you like the i700? I was looking at one today and it
> seemed pretty cool, but expensive.

I love my i700. I have only one complaint about the unit. They put the
slot for the SD card on the side. That makes it fairly impossible to have
extra memory and Wifi at the same time, as the Wifi cards protrude too
much. The unit would not fit in the carry cover, would not insert into the
wireless car unit, etc. with that type of protrusive memory stick. Other
than that, I love the unit. Much nicer screen than my iPAQ has, sound
clarity is good, speakerphone is loud and clear, and the battery lasts a
good long time. BTW, call Verizon - if you have had the service for a
while, they give a $100 credit towards the purchase of a new phone.

--
____________________________
Ah, Young Grasshopper.
Sometimes it is eyes that blind a man.
April 11, 2004 7:56:02 PM

Last I heard it was a Licensing issue that Samsung and MS were trying
to workout. I have seen software that says it only works on the I700
but only with PPC2003 so they must have it working on the phones
somewhere. I think it will be released when someone flinches

My .02
Drew

On Sun, 11 Apr 2004 06:23:47 GMT, "Grasshopper"
<Grasshopper@KungFu.net> wrote:

>GLeger wrote:
>> I have the SPH-i700 with Verizon. Does anyone know, if it can be
>> upgraded to Pocket PC 2003?
>
>No.
>
>> If so, when will the upgrade be
>> available, and how can I get it?
>
>Microsoft is saying that it is up to Samsung to release PPC2003 for the
>I700. I have not gotten any notification from Verizon or Samsung that
>the release happened yet. Verizon was posting on their site that they had
>hoped for a May release, but I have not heard anything since.
Anonymous
a b Ô Samsung
April 12, 2004 1:19:06 AM

The release of 2003 is strictly up to Samsung as the rom image is device
specific, especially so in phone edition.

Samsung has apparently been very close to releasing 2003 twice in the
past several months, but has pulled back just before each anticipated
release... fine with me as I assume that they want what they release to
be right and I'm willing to wait as 2002 currently meets my i700 needs.

Beverly Howard
!