win2k3 server ... wanting better performance

My video performance has fallen off the planet.

I using a Fx 5200 120mb board. I'm running in "dualview".

Unlike before I show only 1 video card (not 2) in device manager.
Everything seems to behave the same way but performance is not the great.

Any tips?

thanks

qp
<_

quixotic_phantom wrote:

> My video performance has fallen off the planet.
>
> I using a Fx 5200 120mb board. I'm running in "dualview".
>
> Unlike before I show only 1 video card (not 2) in device manager.
> Everything seems to behave the same way but performance is not the great.
>
> Any tips?

Yeah, if you want high video performance then run an OS that is tuned for
applications and not for services.

--
--John
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

This site http://www.msfn.org/win2k3/index.htm has info on how to make
Win2k3 server behave like a desktop client OS. By default, graphics
acceleration and Direct3d are disabled to guarantee better reliability
since Microsoft assumes that you would be using Win2k3 as a server OS,
though these features can be easily enabled through the Display
properties and DXdiag.

And dont forget what to expect from a fx5200 . . . .no offence...

Thanks for all the replies. Cool group.

qp
<_

"quixotic_phantom" <quixoticphantom@cox.net> wrote in message
> My video performance has fallen off the planet.
>
> I using a Fx 5200 120mb board. I'm running in "dualview".
>
> Unlike before I show only 1 video card (not 2) in device manager.
> Everything seems to behave the same way but performance is not the great.
>
> Any tips?
>
> thanks
>
> qp
> <_

Make sure your Windows 2003 Display Properties > Advanced > Troubleshoot
[tab] is set to Full for Hardware acceleration.

CapFusion,...

> quixotic_phantom wrote:
>
> Yeah, if you want high video performance then run an OS that is tuned for
> applications and not for services.

Heehe..... 8)

CapFusion,...

TRENDING THREADS