Creative Ti 4200 64Mb BIOS

Is it possible to update the BIOS of the above Gfx Card? If so what would
the benefits be? would there be any sort of performance increase?

I only ask because I cannot afford at the moment to spare some cash for a
new Gfx card and was looking to get the best out of my current set up.

Soupladel

nope you wont get any performance increase you will just take the chance of
permant damage, only thing is to put a good cooling solution yet cheap, and
overclock it, just google and you'll find good tips on ocing your ti 4200
close to 4600 speeds and save those dimes up and invest in a 5900xt best
bang for buck NVIDIA card.

On Sun, 03 Oct 2004 20:14:25 GMT, "Soupladel" <Soupladel@gmail.com>
wrote:

>Is it possible to update the BIOS of the above Gfx Card? If so what would
>the benefits be? would there be any sort of performance increase?

If you don't know it, you should not do it.

Gerd

"Gerd Altmann" <g.altmann@uni.de> wrote in message
> On Sun, 03 Oct 2004 20:14:25 GMT, "Soupladel" <Soupladel@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>>Is it possible to update the BIOS of the above Gfx Card? If so what would
>>the benefits be? would there be any sort of performance increase?
>>

> If you don't know it, you should not do it.
>
> Gerd

Very good advice.
See too many bad return and reject due to improper OC / flashes.

CapFusion,...

"Gerd Altmann" <g.altmann@uni.de> wrote in message
> On Sun, 03 Oct 2004 20:14:25 GMT, "Soupladel" <Soupladel@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>>Is it possible to update the BIOS of the above Gfx Card? If so what would
>>the benefits be? would there be any sort of performance increase?
>>

> If you don't know it, you should not do it.
>
> Gerd

probably a fair enough comment in most circumstances, but I am not exactly a
novice whe it comes to flash updating devices!

I really haven't done that much reasearch and was hoping for a quick answer
here rather than having to trawl google!!

Soupladel

I'm afraid you are stuck with your current performance.

--
DaveW

Soupladel wrote:

> probably a fair enough comment in most circumstances, but I am not
> exactly a novice whe it comes to flash updating devices!
>
> I really haven't done that much reasearch and was hoping for a quick
> answer here rather than having to trawl google!!

4 or 5 lines below I found this:

http://whitebunny.demon.nl/hardware/chipset_nvidia.html

"Egil Solberg" <egilso@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Soupladel wrote:
>
>> probably a fair enough comment in most circumstances, but I am not
>> exactly a novice whe it comes to flash updating devices!
>>
>> I really haven't done that much reasearch and was hoping for a quick
>> answer here rather than having to trawl google!!
>
> 4 or 5 lines below I found this:
>
> http://whitebunny.demon.nl/hardware/chipset_nvidia.html

Thanks for that, as I said I realy hadn't looked :)

Soupladel

> I'm afraid you are stuck with your current performance.
>
> --
> DaveW
>

> "Soupladel" <Soupladel@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Is it possible to update the BIOS of the above Gfx Card? If so what
>> would the benefits be? would there be any sort of performance increase?
>>
>> I only ask because I cannot afford at the moment to spare some cash for a
>> new Gfx card and was looking to get the best out of my current set up.
>>
>> Soupladel

tis what I expected

Soupladel

On Mon, 04 Oct 2004 21:50:51 GMT, "Soupladel" <Soupladel@gmail.com>
wrote:

>I really haven't done that much reasearch and was hoping for a quick answer
>here rather than having to trawl google!!

I've done the UPd for BIOS (BIOS2528) and driver (W2k_ALL_40722.exe)
without drama. I believe it enhances DX9 useage. Apart from that, I
can't comment.

= Kev =

Remove "that" to email replies

..

"Kevin Donoghoe" <kejado@that.kooee.that.com.that.au> wrote in message
> On Mon, 04 Oct 2004 21:50:51 GMT, "Soupladel" <Soupladel@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

>>I really haven't done that much reasearch and was hoping for a quick
>>answer
>>here rather than having to trawl google!!
>
> I've done the UPd for BIOS (BIOS2528) and driver (W2k_ALL_40722.exe)
> without drama. I believe it enhances DX9 useage. Apart from that, I
> can't comment.

Can you rephrase - "I believe it enhances DX9 useage"? I am not sure I
understand this.
Updating BIOS and driver will not help to increase or support DX9.
As for API support. All GeForce4 Ti series will support upto DX8.1 and
OpenGL1.3.
http://www.nvidia.com/page/geforce4ti.html
PDF -
http://www.nvidia.com/object/LO_20020204_8232.html