Anyone Playing Sims2??

I'm having a heck of a time trying to get Sims2 to show up properly,
graphically...

I can install it and start it up, but I can't seem to view the game play.
Music in the Sims2 gameplay seems to be working fine. After it finishes
"town" or "neighborhood" that you choose. I've updated my Video driver for
my Leadtek GeForce Fx5700 256MB DDR card on my P4 3.0e GHz 1GB DDR Ram
computer. I've also emailed EA tech support (the game maker) and they
suggested that I upgrade my VIA chipset driver. That's done and nothing...

Anyone else playing Sims2 and having problems seeing the gameplay? I can
see the intro for Sims2 with no problems. The game just won't load.
Argggg!

--
R Green
----------------------

Ron

"R Green" <[news]@wowsat.com> wrote in message
> I'm having a heck of a time trying to get Sims2 to show up properly,
> graphically...
>
> I can install it and start it up, but I can't seem to view the game play.
> Music in the Sims2 gameplay seems to be working fine. After it finishes
> "town" or "neighborhood" that you choose. I've updated my Video driver
for
> my Leadtek GeForce Fx5700 256MB DDR card on my P4 3.0e GHz 1GB DDR Ram
> computer. I've also emailed EA tech support (the game maker) and they
> suggested that I upgrade my VIA chipset driver. That's done and
nothing...

> Anyone else playing Sims2 and having problems seeing the gameplay? I can
> see the intro for Sims2 with no problems. The game just won't load.
> Argggg!
>
> --
> R Green
> ----------------------
> WoWsat.com
> ----------------------

Playing fine here on P4 2.4Ghz, 1GB PC3200, ATI 9600XT, WinXP Pro SP1. Also
playing well on my daughter's 2.4 Celeron, 512MB PC2700, Nvidia FX5600
128Mb, XP Pro SP1 as well. You did install DX 9.0c, didn't you?

Ron

Chingy

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2004

Are you sure you are not playing through backup discs?

if yes you could also try some edited *.exe to load the game without cd's
that sometimes cause this sorta problem 'cos of cd copy protection codes.

"R Green" <[news]@wowsat.com> wrote in message
> I'm having a heck of a time trying to get Sims2 to show up properly,
> graphically...
>
> I can install it and start it up, but I can't seem to view the game play.
> Music in the Sims2 gameplay seems to be working fine. After it finishes
> "town" or "neighborhood" that you choose. I've updated my Video driver
> for
> my Leadtek GeForce Fx5700 256MB DDR card on my P4 3.0e GHz 1GB DDR Ram
> computer. I've also emailed EA tech support (the game maker) and they
> suggested that I upgrade my VIA chipset driver. That's done and
> nothing...
>
> Anyone else playing Sims2 and having problems seeing the gameplay? I can
> see the intro for Sims2 with no problems. The game just won't load.
> Argggg!
>
> --
> R Green
> WoWsat.com

More like the copy protection dont like his cdrom or DVDrom :(.