5200 video driver problem?

Just built this new system with the MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum (7025)
motherboard-new, AMD Athlon 64 3500+, 1GB RAM Corsair XMS Pro RAM-new, 2
Western Digital 160GB IDE HDD (WD1600JB)-used, GeForce 5200 FX video
card-used, and various other DVD drives, and floppy...

I have made the system crash hard many times when graphics tend to get
complicated. However, I wouldn't say Generals is overly complicated as
it ran well on the 5200 & hard drives on my 1GHz machine previously.

When the system restores it says it's an Nvidia video driver error. I
wasn't able to make heads or tails from the dump log that XP gave out.
How do I view the file?

I did some checking around on the system, attempting to troubleshoot
this problem myself and found under system information that the Nforce3
AGP Host to PCI Bridge & the 5200 FX video card are sharing the same
memory address. The 5200 also shares the same IRQ as the NIC.

The games I was attempting to run ran smoothly on a 1Ghz computer with
512MB RAM, with the same video card.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Dan

"Dan N" <dan.cheri@verizon.net> wrote in message
> Just built this new system with the MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum (7025)
> motherboard-new, AMD Athlon 64 3500+, 1GB RAM Corsair XMS Pro RAM-new, 2
> Western Digital 160GB IDE HDD (WD1600JB)-used, GeForce 5200 FX video
> card-used, and various other DVD drives, and floppy...
>
> I have made the system crash hard many times when graphics tend to get
> complicated. However, I wouldn't say Generals is overly complicated as it
> ran well on the 5200 & hard drives on my 1GHz machine previously.
>
> When the system restores it says it's an Nvidia video driver error. I
> wasn't able to make heads or tails from the dump log that XP gave out. How
> do I view the file?
>
> I did some checking around on the system, attempting to troubleshoot this
> problem myself and found under system information that the Nforce3 AGP
> Host to PCI Bridge & the 5200 FX video card are sharing the same memory
> address. The 5200 also shares the same IRQ as the NIC.
>
> The games I was attempting to run ran smoothly on a 1Ghz computer with
> 512MB RAM, with the same video card.
>
> Thanks in advance for your help!
>
> Dan

You can try remove the NIC and see if the problem remain. There no way to
actually tell what the source of the problem but to narrow the cause down.

CapFusion,...