s-video out to onkyo sr-600 receiver

i am totally new at this so please forgive if this is a repeat
question or if the question is just blame dumb....

i recently picked up a geforce fx5200 card and I am attempting to run
s-video from the (pc) card to my onkyo sr-600 receiver and then to TV.
(my receiver is currently setup to process all my audio and video).
i have the s-video plugged directly into the fx5200 card and then
directly into s-video input on receiver.. however I get zero picture.
when i used the s-video to rca converter that came with card and
plugged into rca input on receiver I get a picture however it is
blurry and in black and white. i have my current monitor plugged
into vga out on card and it is working fine. i have set the card
to be in clone mode.

i have new drivers installed on the card...

can anyone offer any suggestions?

thanks

"wes39" <bsieber39@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>i am totally new at this so please forgive if this is a repeat
> question or if the question is just blame dumb....
>
> i recently picked up a geforce fx5200 card and I am attempting to run
> s-video from the (pc) card to my onkyo sr-600 receiver and then to TV.
> (my receiver is currently setup to process all my audio and video).
> i have the s-video plugged directly into the fx5200 card and then
> directly into s-video input on receiver.. however I get zero picture.
> when i used the s-video to rca converter that came with card and
> plugged into rca input on receiver I get a picture however it is
> blurry and in black and white. i have my current monitor plugged
> into vga out on card and it is working fine. i have set the card
> to be in clone mode.
>

> i have new drivers installed on the card...
>

> can anyone offer any suggestions?
>
> thanks

Just out of curiusity.
The TVout Port you mention, does it have the following:
9pins or 4pins?
Also does it have a dongle cable splitter for either S-Video or RCA
[Composite]?

If you have this version - Use either of S-Video or RCA to directly to TV.

Or maybe this -

How many port does this FX5200 have?
DVI / TV [9pins] / VGA
Or
VGA / RCA / S-Video

If this above version - Use either RCA or S-Video to your TV.

Regarding about black and white display. Try to uninstall nVidia driver from
Add/Remove Program or you might need to goto Safemode to uninstall and or
Use DriverCleaner - http://www.driverheaven.net/cleaner/
Restart Windows and reinstall nVidia driver. It should not ask if there
newer or older file while you trying currently installing nVidia driver. If
does, overwrite whatever you have on your PC and use the driver / file that
currently trying to install.

Try again and see if you still have Black and White display on your TV.

CapFusion,...