Microphone static

Status
Not open for further replies.

generalen

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2010
Hi

I'm having some troubles to get my mic working properly in Windows 7.
The mic will pick up and record my voice but also apply a static/crackling sort of sound ontop of it (only when it's picking up sound). Obviously this is making people on vent and skype go mad whenever i say something ><
However this will only happen when I'm using Windows 7 (I'm dual booting with xp where the mic is fine) and I've downloaded the latest drivers for most components of the computer. I'm currently using a M4A78T-E mobo and integrated sound. Latest bios version. Mic is connected with 3.5mm jacks.

the static you hear is distortion. lower the level of the microphone way down, and raise the master volume of the computer up.
look at your lower right hand desk top. double click click on the speaker icon. this brings up the audio controls, you should find the mic level, etc...in that program.

assass3n1

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2010
I second that this has worked for me. Is it only ur mic is windows 7? Is all other sounds good? If so, soundguruman hit it on the head. It is definitely a settings prob bcause it is working with exceptions. Good Luck

generalen

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2010
I've tried with disabling the 20db boost for the mic, tried it on the lowest audible volume, tried different sampling rates, tried changing the volume in VIA HD Audio Deck, and nothing i've tried so far has solved the problem. When the mic picks up a sound, with any of the settings i've tried, it will be distorted.
All other sound is fine, except for very low static due to the PSU not being grounded. But then that's not unusal with integrated sound.

I've tried several versions of the driver and the issue remains.
I'll see if i can't dig up an old sound card somewhere to see if that helps.

@soundguruman Thanks for the tip, but unfortunately it didnt solve anything =/

davidbailey

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2011

THANK YOU SO MUCH! I'VE BEEN WORKING ON THIS PROBLEM ALL DAY. AND YOU RESOLVED IN LESS THAN 10 SECONDS. NOW I CAN RECORD PERFECTLY. THANK YOU!

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

Status
Not open for further replies.