6600 GT

Surprised at how little comment there's been recently about the 6600
series of cards. The recent reviews are quite impressive. I'm in the
market for a new card - started out looking at 5900XT, then thought
"screw it" let's buy a 6800GT. But the 6600GT seems incredible value.
Just have to wait for a AGP version...

Tim

"Leodiensian" <chrispoad@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Surprised at how little comment there's been recently about the 6600
> series of cards. The recent reviews are quite impressive. I'm in the
> market for a new card - started out looking at 5900XT, then thought
> "screw it" let's buy a 6800GT. But the 6600GT seems incredible value.
> Just have to wait for a AGP version...

Keep in mind that you forfeit memory bandwidth with the 6600 series. It's a
128 bits wide vs 256 bits for either the 5900 or 6800 series.

> "screw it" let's buy a 6800GT. But the 6600GT seems incredible value.
> Just have to wait for a AGP version...

Has anyone seen a 6600GT for sale anywhere? No retailers here in Finland
seem to know about it yet :( I'm waiting for the PCI-E version to become
available, and update my computer when it comes.

--
Mika Takala

Tim

"Mika Takala" <mika.takala@remove-this.invalidated.part.saunalahti.fi> wrote
in message news:hiB9d.1029$vq6.941@reader1.news.jippii.net...

> Has anyone seen a 6600GT for sale anywhere? No retailers here in Finland
> seem to know about it yet :( I'm waiting for the PCI-E version to become
> available, and update my computer when it comes.

Haven't seen any GTs yet, but Newegg.com (based in the US) is selling the
non-GT version. ...

Availabe at www.gameve.com. Got myself a Sparkle 128 meg PCIe one...works
great. I'm getting 40-50 fps in Doom 3 at 1024 x 768, for a card less than
$200 USD.