Anthony

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2003
Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

Its time to buy a new video card wahts the best to get under 250 dollars?

Anthony

JohnS

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

> Its time to buy a new video card wahts the best to get under 250 dollars?

Mwave.com .... get the ATI 9800 Pro for $199. I have
two of them, and they are nice.

johns

"Anthony" <aevansjr3@askme.cox.net> wrote in message
> Its time to buy a new video card wahts the best to get under 250 dollars?
>
> Anthony

You can try GeForce 6600 series. 6800 series about just above 250 mark.

CapFusion,...

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

> Its time to buy a new video card wahts the best to get under 250 dollars?

If you shop around, you might be able to find a GeForce 6800 NU in
your price range. The 6600GT would be a good choice too, assuming it
actually existed (maybe in a month or two you'll be able to buy one).

"Lachoneus" <stanmuffin@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Its time to buy a new video card wahts the best to get under 250
>> dollars?
>
> If you shop around, you might be able to find a GeForce 6800 NU in
> your price range. The 6600GT would be a good choice too, assuming it
> actually existed (maybe in a month or two you'll be able to buy one).

Seem like alot of people think 6600 series do not existed. Since Newegg so
popular try this link -
http://www.newegg.com/app/searchProductResult.asp?Submit=Go&Range=1&DEPA=0&bop=and&description=6600&InnerCata=48
[Watch out for URL wrap].
Or http://tinyurl.com/52neg

CapFusion,...

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

get a 256 meg radeon 9800 pro and flash it to XT :)

Anthony wrote:
> Its time to buy a new video card wahts the best to get under 250 dollars?
>
> Anthony

Yes for the money, I too would go with the 9800 pro. The performance
will be noticable and the price is fairly decent compared to let's say
the nvidia 6800GT.

Anthony

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2003
Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

lol decisions decisons hmmm will I notice any performace changes from this
setup:

AMD XP 2600
1 gig DDR 3200
Geforce fx 5600 ultra 128mb DDR

?

Anthony
"homeboi" <softwarez198410@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> get a 256 meg radeon 9800 pro and flash it to XT :)
> "Anthony" <aevansjr3@askme.cox.net> wrote in message
>> Its time to buy a new video card wahts the best to get under 250
>> dollars?
>>
>> Anthony

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

> Seem like alot of people think 6600 series do not existed. Since Newegg so
> popular try this link -
> http://www.newegg.com/app/searchProductResult.asp?Submit=Go&Range=1&DEPA=0&bop=and&description=6600&InnerCata=48
> [Watch out for URL wrap].
> Or http://tinyurl.com/52neg

I stand corrected. NewEgg needs to get the 6600 and 6600GT listed in
its dropdown boxes in the Video Card search page. Since they're not
there, I assumed they didn't carry them, because they were paper launched.

Of course, the AGP 6600 still doesn't exist...

Anthony wrote:

> Its time to buy a new video card wahts the best to get under 250 dollars?
>
> Anthony

IF A TUNER IS OF INTEREST TO YOU, the MyHD Tuner card (current model is
MDP-120 http://www.digitalconnection.com/Products/Video/mdp120.asp) far
exceeds ATI both by hardware design and software design. However it is pricy
new. I have seen the previous model which is basically the save go for
$100-$150 on ebay (MDP-100). Take what you have left and by the best video
card you can get for that amount.
gm

TRENDING THREADS