problem GeForce MX 400SE + WinXP

Hi
i've installed win xp and now have a problem with my graphic card.

Sometimes (for example during the scroll in a application) the graphic
interface is blocked, screen is black for one second...

I've resolved setting the acceleration to 'none'...
I don't have the original drivers, i've installed the nvidia
61.77_win2kxp_international.exe

Some idea?

Thanks

Marcello

"Marcello V" <marcelloverona_nonmispannare@tiscali.it> wrote in message
> Hi
> i've installed win xp and now have a problem with my graphic card.
>
> Sometimes (for example during the scroll in a application) the graphic
> interface is blocked, screen is black for one second...
>
> I've resolved setting the acceleration to 'none'...
> I don't have the original drivers, i've installed the nvidia
> 61.77_win2kxp_international.exe
>
> Some idea?
>
> Thanks
>
> Marcello

Can you clarify this -
***
> I've resolved setting the acceleration to 'none'...
***
What happen when you set to none? Does this resolve your issue one second
blank display?

If I understand or assume correctly, lowering your hardware acceleration to
fix this issue will normally get worst as time pass. Most likely it hardware
failing. I suspect the memory part. Memory data will be store in certain
area or partition, if it store in a bad area or partition, it will blankout.

You may need to have your card exchange / service / RMA etc.

CapFusion,....