GTA IV speculation

Or GTA 6, as some would have it.

The main thing that I'd like to see is for the police to treat everyone
equally, or at least realistically, based on stereotypes such as black
people and hippies being frisked, etc. I have seen cop cars start to
chase other vehicles in SA, but I'd like to see this improved. I'd also
like to see the police get annoyed if I run a red light or knock down a
lamp-post. They might need to scatter police bribes around more
liberally, and increase the resolution of the wanted level (1-10, and
they start shooting at 3).

I'm not sure about a more flexible story-line, I wouldn't mess with the
winning formula that much. A selectable character (black, hispanic,
italian, etc.) might work but the story would have to be quite generic
and therefore probably less interesting.

Streamline the exercise, eating, and clothes changing sections, these
are too time-consuming and thumb-damaging.

I heard a radio segment the other day that mentioned another city,
maybe Carter City? Carver? It sounded like Detroit, it mentioned car
manufacturing. That's my prediction for GTA IV.

Any other suggestions, or predictions...

Phil Hibbs.

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

"PhilHibbs" <snarks@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Or GTA 6, as some would have it.
>

> I heard a radio segment the other day that mentioned another city,
> maybe Carter City? Carver? It sounded like Detroit, it mentioned car
> manufacturing. That's my prediction for GTA IV.

That would be Carcer City which is where another Rockstar game called
Manhunt was set

Kang wrote:
> "PhilHibbs" <snarks@gmail.com> wrote in
>
> > Or GTA 6, as some would have it.
> >
> > The main thing that I'd like to see is for the police to treat everyone
> > equally, or at least realistically, based on stereotypes such as black
> > people and hippies being frisked, etc. I have seen cop cars start to
> > chase other vehicles in SA, but I'd like to see this improved. I'd also
> > like to see the police get annoyed if I run a red light or knock down a
> > lamp-post. They might need to scatter police bribes around more
> > liberally, and increase the resolution of the wanted level (1-10, and
> > they start shooting at 3).
> >
> > I'm not sure about a more flexible story-line, I wouldn't mess with the
> > winning formula that much. A selectable character (black, hispanic,
> > italian, etc.) might work but the story would have to be quite generic
> > and therefore probably less interesting.
>
> They've done the mafia. They've done gangs. What's next?

Government - Military, FBI, CIA, etc.

On 21 Jul 2005 09:34:40 -0700, "PhilHibbs" <snarks@gmail.com> wrote:

>Or GTA 6, as some would have it.
>
>but I'd like to see this improved. I'd also
>like to see the police get annoyed if I run a red light or knock down a
>lamp-post.

I think that would make the game rather annoying as it is impossible
to play without doing those things unless you go really slow...and
almost constantly having a wanted rating would grow tiresome IMO...

--
The Zero ST

> Ah, I haven't played Manhunt.
>
> Phil Hibbs.

You should be able to get it cheap now. Think Play.com were doing it for
£10...well worth it in my opinion. Manhunt is also where CJ's stealth moves
and throat slitting ability originated from

Kang wrote:
> "PhilHibbs" <snarks@gmail.com> wrote in
>
> > Or GTA 6, as some would have it.
> >
> > The main thing that I'd like to see is for the police to treat everyone
> > equally, or at least realistically, based on stereotypes such as black
> > people and hippies being frisked, etc. I have seen cop cars start to
> > chase other vehicles in SA, but I'd like to see this improved. I'd also
> > like to see the police get annoyed if I run a red light or knock down a
> > lamp-post. They might need to scatter police bribes around more
> > liberally, and increase the resolution of the wanted level (1-10, and
> > they start shooting at 3).
> >
> > I'm not sure about a more flexible story-line, I wouldn't mess with the
> > winning formula that much. A selectable character (black, hispanic,
> > italian, etc.) might work but the story would have to be quite generic
> > and therefore probably less interesting.
>
> They've done the mafia. They've done gangs. What's next? Maybe you could play
> as a terrorist.

As a towel-head-suicide bomber? Doubt that'd get past the focus groups.

Hot, busty Japanese ninja-chick with a big gun fetish would be my
preferred choice!
=)

Kang

"PhilHibbs" <snarks@gmail.com> wrote in

> Or GTA 6, as some would have it.
>
> The main thing that I'd like to see is for the police to treat everyone
> equally, or at least realistically, based on stereotypes such as black
> people and hippies being frisked, etc. I have seen cop cars start to
> chase other vehicles in SA, but I'd like to see this improved. I'd also
> like to see the police get annoyed if I run a red light or knock down a
> lamp-post. They might need to scatter police bribes around more
> liberally, and increase the resolution of the wanted level (1-10, and
> they start shooting at 3).
>
> I'm not sure about a more flexible story-line, I wouldn't mess with the
> winning formula that much. A selectable character (black, hispanic,
> italian, etc.) might work but the story would have to be quite generic
> and therefore probably less interesting.

They've done the mafia. They've done gangs. What's next? Maybe you could play
as a terrorist.

>I think that would make the game rather annoying...

That's why I also suggested increasing the resolution of the wanted
scale. One star, the cops just follow you for a while, *if* they happen
to spot you. Two, they try to stop you and nick some money as a bribe
(maybe a Yes/No option). Three, they start ramming you off the road and
shooting you, basically like one star at present. Four, they start
using shotguns and a helicopter follows you, at five the helicopter
starts shooting, six gets you SWAT teams, seven for FBI, eight for a
tank, nine for something else I haven't thought of, and ten for a
hunter helicopter with a minigun and rockets!

Phil Hibbs.

Well, it's sectarian, but not strictly racist. Anyway, I took it as an
ironic usage. Tricky subject though.

Phil Hibbs.

OK then - no more mention of "towel-heads". Whew! Tough crowd!
; )

Maybe they should use the farting Indian dude from the LS betting shop
for GTA "VI" - that dude always cracks me up...

Doh!
=)

Kang wrote:

> "PhilHibbs" <snarks@gmail.com> wrote in
>
> > Or GTA 6, as some would have it.
> >
> > The main thing that I'd like to see is for the police to treat everyone
> > equally, or at least realistically, based on stereotypes such as black
> > people and hippies being frisked, etc. I have seen cop cars start to
> > chase other vehicles in SA, but I'd like to see this improved. I'd also
> > like to see the police get annoyed if I run a red light or knock down a
> > lamp-post. They might need to scatter police bribes around more
> > liberally, and increase the resolution of the wanted level (1-10, and
> > they start shooting at 3).
> >
> > I'm not sure about a more flexible story-line, I wouldn't mess with the
> > winning formula that much. A selectable character (black, hispanic,
> > italian, etc.) might work but the story would have to be quite generic
> > and therefore probably less interesting.
>
> They've done the mafia. They've done gangs. What's next? Maybe you could play
> as a terrorist.

shopping mall security guard.

--
Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
Stop and Look

"PhilHibbs" <snarks@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Ah, I haven't played Manhunt.
>
> Phil Hibbs.

Carcer city was also mentioned in Vice City. That American footballer bloke
was on the radio talking about a game he played against Carcer City. And
there's a bed shop somewhere in Vice that has a sign saying "The best bed
shop in Carcer City" for some reason, maybe it's just a sign they re-used
from Manhunt.

G Hardy wrote:
> Recently I received a warning about the use of this politically
> incorrect term, so please note, we all need to be more sensitive in our
> choice of words.
>
> I have been informed the Islamic terrorists , who hate our guts and want
> to kill us, do not like to be called "Towel Heads", since the item they
> wear on their heads is not actually a towel, but in fact, a small folded
> sheet.
>
> Therefore, from this point forward, please refer to them as "Little
> Sheet Heads."
> Thank you for your support and compliance on this delicate matter.

LOL!!

Actually, on a more serious note, ever noticed that while R* have no
problem making fun of Haitians, Indians, Black people, Rednecks, Asians
(ever notice the Japanese tourists complete with snappy cameras in
LV?), and pretty much any other race out there, they seem to shy away
from including ANY middle-eastern types in any of the games. (Hasn't
*cough* seemed to have harmed sales any.)

Fair enough I guess. No need to offend absolutely EVERYONE on the
planet now is there.
^_^

"Class 1" <Class1@fastmail.fm> wrote in message

> As a towel-head-suicide bomber? Doubt that'd get past the focus groups.

"towel-head"? Are we being openly racist here now?

Chris Wright wrote:

> "Class 1" <Class1@fastmail.fm> wrote in message
> >
> > As a towel-head-suicide bomber? Doubt that'd get past the focus groups.
> >

> "towel-head"? Are we being openly racist here now?

i doubt a single one of the london bombers was wearing a towel on his
head.
--

Kang wrote:
> They've done the mafia. They've done gangs. What's next?

Chavs.

In between nicking cars, shoplifting and pimping out your sisters you
can play mini-games to see how many teenage slappers you can get
pregnant in one night...

Mark

"Chris Wright" <nospam@chris.com> wrote in message

> "Class 1" <Class1@fastmail.fm> wrote in message
> >
> > As a towel-head-suicide bomber? Doubt that'd get past the focus groups.
> >

> "towel-head"? Are we being openly racist here now?

Recently I received a warning about the use of this politically
incorrect term, so please note, we all need to be more sensitive in our
choice of words.

I have been informed the Islamic terrorists , who hate our guts and want
to kill us, do not like to be called "Towel Heads", since the item they
wear on their heads is not actually a towel, but in fact, a small folded
sheet.

Therefore, from this point forward, please refer to them as "Little
Sheet Heads."
Thank you for your support and compliance on this delicate matter.

> ...ten for a
> hunter helicopter with a minigun and rockets!

The Hunter (Apache) is armed with a 30mm single-barrel chain gun that fires
high-explosive rounds. The reload mechanism is belt-driven by an electric
motor (the "belt" is actually a bit of industrial chain, a bit like a bike
chain). This makes jams less likely as spent cartridges are ejected without
the need for their own exhaust gases. Despite only having one barrel, it can
still almost achieve cyclic rates of fire (I forget what it can actually
manage).

The minigun uses 22mm standard NATO ammo (sometimes depleted uranium) and
fires at 3000 or 6000 rounds a minute, which means the 6" or so of
ammunition we see perpetually hanging from the minigun in the GTA games
would last (approximately) between one twentieth and one tenth of a second.

Just a bit of useless trivia 4 ya

In message <1122035181.845189.298960@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>
"PhilHibbs" <snarks@gmail.com> wrote:

> and ten for a hunter helicopter with a minigun and rockets!

Ooooh yes, that was on my wishlist for SA. The Hydra they put up
against you isn't bad, but it only attacks you if you're in the air.

I'm pretty sure that the air force wouldn't use a Harrier jump jet to
on ground targets when a gunship is much more effective, but if you as
a playable character can do it, why can't they?

Cheers,
Rob

In message <j89Ee.2$YL5.1@newsfe2-win.ntli.net>
"G Hardy" <gareth.hardy1@ntlwrold.com> wrote:

> Just a bit of useless trivia 4 ya

I've seen on-board footage of an Apache taking out ground targets, and
*damn* is it accurate.

Good thing that all the pain I've inflicted on the playable characters
of the GTA series has made me superhuman in real life :eek:)

Cheers,
Rob

mmaker@my-deja.com wrote:

> Kang wrote:
> > They've done the mafia. They've done gangs. What's next?
>
> Chavs.
>
> In between nicking cars, shoplifting and pimping out your sisters you
> can play mini-games to see how many teenage slappers you can get
> pregnant in one night...
>
> Mark

must include Chavies instead of homies. Chavies will sit around on
walls etc and harass passers-by with

"Have yer gorra tab mate?"

and when they're told no they will stone the person.

or can have conversations such as my wife overheard from a group today

"E's a right un, got his bird preggers again."

"Well, it was either him or Garry."

(lad whose bird is pregnant) "Aye"

--

In message <1122058658.705382.176540@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com>
mmaker@my-deja.com wrote:

> Chavs.

GTA: Wimbledon! (see .sig).

:eek:D

Cheers,
Rob

Towelie

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2002

TV's PhilHibbs wrote:
> >I think that would make the game rather annoying...
>
> That's why I also suggested increasing the resolution of the wanted
> scale. One star, the cops just follow you for a while, *if* they happen
> to spot you. Two, they try to stop you and nick some money as a bribe
> (maybe a Yes/No option). Three, they start ramming you off the road and
> shooting you, basically like one star at present. Four, they start
> using shotguns and a helicopter follows you, at five the helicopter
> starts shooting, six gets you SWAT teams, seven for FBI, eight for a
> tank, nine for something else I haven't thought of, and ten for a
> hunter helicopter with a minigun and rockets!

I like that idea. I've always thought it was a little unrealistic to speed
through town, running red lights, and the cops ignore you. At least they go
after you if you smash into another car in their presence.

--

Beliefs are dangerous. Beliefs allow the mind to stop functioning.
A non-functioning mind is clinically dead. Believe in nothing.

aa #2133
ap #19

Towelie

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2002

TV's Class 1 wrote:
>G Hardy wrote:
>> Recently I received a warning about the use of this politically
>> incorrect term, so please note, we all need to be more sensitive in our
>> choice of words.
>>
>> I have been informed the Islamic terrorists , who hate our guts and want
>> to kill us, do not like to be called "Towel Heads", since the item they
>> wear on their heads is not actually a towel, but in fact, a small folded
>> sheet.
>>
>> Therefore, from this point forward, please refer to them as "Little
>> Sheet Heads."
>> Thank you for your support and compliance on this delicate matter.
>
> LOL!!
>
> Actually, on a more serious note, ever noticed that while R* have no
> problem making fun of Haitians, Indians, Black people, Rednecks, Asians
> (ever notice the Japanese tourists complete with snappy cameras in
> LV?), and pretty much any other race out there, they seem to shy away
> from including ANY middle-eastern types in any of the games. (Hasn't
> *cough* seemed to have harmed sales any.)

That's part of why Dave Chappelle is so funny. He makes fun of everybody,
including himself, equally.