Toshiba Glasses-Free 3D Laptop Priced, Dated for NA

Status
Not open for further replies.

chaz_bot

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2009
[citation][nom]samwelaye[/nom]why the gt540m? Who's going to buy this then, theres NO way the gt540 can play any game on the full HD panel with 3d turned on...[/citation]

Exactly, thats why it said "up to 1080p" way too weak to do anything serious.

Zagen30

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2008
[citation][nom]Azn Cracker[/nom]Didn't they learn their lesson with the 3DS?[/citation]

Nintendo =/= Toshiba. Not even close. If it'd been the Vita and this were a VAIO model, then maybe there'd be some argument, but even then those are made by separate divisions.

There's also the fact that the 3DS dropped only a few months ago, and that's not really enough time for the rest of the electronics market to accurately analyze. This model has been in the works for a while now; it'd take more than the 3DS to force them to cancel it outright.

In addition, the laptop market and the portable gaming market are not the same; at this point in time people essentially need a computer, probably a laptop, while they don't need a 3DS. It's easier to justify the former than the latter, especially since the laptop can still do everything a normal computer can do, while the 3DS is limited in its applicability.

home-simpson-fire-cereal-epic-fail.jpg

techtre2003

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2006
[citation][nom]a-nano-moose[/nom]I want to know how well the 3d works with 2 or more people watching at the same time.[/citation]

Unless they made some major changes since CES, it won't. When I saw it there, the 3D didn't work at all until the camera was "locked on" to the user's face. I will say it worked quite well once the camera picked up your face, you could move around quite a bit and still get a nice 3D image.

shannon78

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2008
you say etailers...gonna have to be some local display models especially for that price.... when i looked at the 3ds it bugged my eyes and i don't think i would buy it at any price.

Status
Not open for further replies.