WinFast A350 TDH/with 5950 bios ??????

Hi

I have the above card and was thinking of upgrading to a 6800GT , this card
is very good and i have only had it since January

I have heard about ppl updating there bios with the 5950 bios and getting a
good increase in performance

is this true and is it worth it

many thanks

Si

SP

You can flash the BIOS of ur gfx card to a 5950 but the memory on the card
has gotta be able to keep up and if it dont you'll have a nice circuit board
paperweight due to the heat the card will be generating unless you're
already prepared for this and bought some huge heatsink for the card. My
advice is keep the card the way it is and just get the 6800GT. which i
heard is considerably faster than a 5950. and as a last note dont put ur
real e-mail address on a newsgroup thats just being asked to be spammed to
death, i should know i did it by accident and had to change my address. now
they bounce back to the wankers who spammed me.

hope this helps

sp

"Simon Mallatratt" <simon mallatratt@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I have the above card and was thinking of upgrading to a 6800GT , this
> card is very good and i have only had it since January
>
> I have heard about ppl updating there bios with the 5950 bios and getting
> a good increase in performance
>
> is this true and is it worth it
>
> many thanks
>
> Si

chip

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2001

"Simon Mallatratt" <simon mallatratt@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I have the above card and was thinking of upgrading to a 6800GT , this
> card is very good and i have only had it since January
>
> I have heard about ppl updating there bios with the 5950 bios and getting
> a good increase in performance
>
> is this true and is it worth it

You're kidding right? I can't believe you are seriously asking that
question.

Chip