Mod Geforce 5900XT BIOS

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
October 12, 2004 12:44:59 AM

Has anyone tried some of the modified GF5900XT BIOS on the Guru3d web site
that were posted by Dr.infernO
http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?s=009b4bce5eaa9...
I have a Evga 5900SE and currently using the EVGA5900SE stocks at
300/450/800 and MSI5900XT stocks at 300/485/800 BIOS. Does any one have this
card and what BIOS are you using? I have one of the older versions of the
card without the thermal sensor readout. I have noticed that the mod BIOS
draws a lot more power due to the voltage setting for the memory and the
GPU. The video card will lock up for short durations no errors. I have
eliminated all heating issues on the video card by lapping the HS and the
GPU cap and I am using a 1u copper heat sink with a 80mm x 25mm fan. The GPU
HS is spring bolted to the video card. The memory voltage is at 2.8v to
2.9v from 2.6v and the GPU is a 1.5v from 1.4v. I have made some additional
modifications to the BIOS so that the GPU will remain stable. Dropped the
GPU from 450Mhz to 440Mhz and I think that the power supply is causing the
instability. If I drop the voltage to the GPU to 1.4v my max is 430Mhz.
The PSU unit is a TT 420W unit at 18a on the 12v line. I have two CD-RW,
one HD, one Floppy drive, four 80m led case fans, one 120mm x 38mm case fan,
sixteen blue leds, and one 80mm x 38mm tornado CPU fan all in the 12v line.
The video card is attached to it's own 12v feed line from the power supply.
Any ideals to keep to bring the video card to the 450Mhz? If I disable some
of the fans the case will get to hot. Would a new PSU help or a different
BIOS (other than the default Nvidia BIOS)?
October 12, 2004 12:45:00 AM

instead of buy a new whatever, why not just get a faster card?

"Rusty" <rlsmith004@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> Has anyone tried some of the modified GF5900XT BIOS on the Guru3d web site
> that were posted by Dr.infernO
> http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?s=009b4bce5eaa9...
> I have a Evga 5900SE and currently using the EVGA5900SE stocks at
> 300/450/800 and MSI5900XT stocks at 300/485/800 BIOS. Does any one have
> this card and what BIOS are you using? I have one of the older versions
> of the card without the thermal sensor readout. I have noticed that the
> mod BIOS draws a lot more power due to the voltage setting for the memory
> and the GPU. The video card will lock up for short durations no errors.
> I have eliminated all heating issues on the video card by lapping the HS
> and the GPU cap and I am using a 1u copper heat sink with a 80mm x 25mm
> fan. The GPU HS is spring bolted to the video card. The memory voltage is
> at 2.8v to 2.9v from 2.6v and the GPU is a 1.5v from 1.4v. I have made
> some additional modifications to the BIOS so that the GPU will remain
> stable. Dropped the GPU from 450Mhz to 440Mhz and I think that the power
> supply is causing the instability. If I drop the voltage to the GPU to
> 1.4v my max is 430Mhz. The PSU unit is a TT 420W unit at 18a on the 12v
> line. I have two CD-RW, one HD, one Floppy drive, four 80m led case fans,
> one 120mm x 38mm case fan, sixteen blue leds, and one 80mm x 38mm tornado
> CPU fan all in the 12v line. The video card is attached to it's own 12v
> feed line from the power supply. Any ideals to keep to bring the video
> card to the 450Mhz? If I disable some of the fans the case will get to
> hot. Would a new PSU help or a different BIOS (other than the default
> Nvidia BIOS)?

October 12, 2004 5:37:17 AM

I though about that but I really need a faster CPU and memory first. I plan
on getting a 2600+ M and some PC3500 Ram, which cost the same as a faster
video card. If I can max out the card by make a few modification to the
BIOS or PSU it would save me allot money that I could use on a CPU and
memory.

!