2012 Ford Focus Hatchback

stillerfan15

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2010
28 - 40 mpg great styling lots of cargo room and I'm thinking about replacing my 2006 PT Cruiser. Any thoughts? And when will it be available?
Thanks
Dave

stillerfan15

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2010

Anybody?

Probably better than GM. The company sale figues balooned when earlier this month GM began their new consumer incentive program by leaving new Tahoes parked in peoples driveways and sprinting away to spark the long time gas guzzler 2011 sales figures.

rodney_ws

Splendid
Dec 29, 2005
Ford thinks VERY highly of that new Focus. I absolutely love the styling of it (never thought I'd say that about a Focus) ... the main drawback for me is this... no manual transmission in the higher trim versions. Yes, they'll be releasing a faster version of the 2012 Focus later in the year that does come with a manual, but I'd love to have the 160 HP with a manual (primarily for cost and gas mileage reasons)

Not trying to be rude here, but I don't think your PT is anywhere near being in the same league as the new Focus.

And the 40 mpg thing is a bit of a misnomer. You have to purchase an option package to get it up to 40 mpg... it's 38 mpg otherwise.

stillerfan15

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2010

Agreed with the PT reference - maybe 28 mpg on the highway at best and the ride and drive are in a different league. And I know its 38 unless you purchase the option package but I could easily live with the uprade to 38. Thanks for the reply and I wonder when we will start seeing them. I like auto trannys so the manual not being available in certain models doesn't bother me. I drove more than my share of stick shifts and just prefer autos in my daily DFW commute. Thanks again,
Dave