Buy a mid-range card now or wait?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
October 13, 2004 6:40:20 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

I've been looking at some 9600XT's, but I keep hearing things about the 6600
and the X700. Would it be worth waiting for AGP versions of these cards?
(Both for their quality or a drop in price on other cards).
Anonymous
October 13, 2004 6:40:21 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

wait for the 6600gt will smack that 9600xt upside the ass and will perform 2
or 3 times faster I wont be pricey it will be considered the new midrange
cards. If you up grade now your card wont last you much long in graphic
intensive gaming.
"Key-Bored" <f@home.com> wrote in message
news:o A0bd.77525$Ot3.58776@twister.nyc.rr.com...
> I've been looking at some 9600XT's, but I keep hearing things about the
> 6600 and the X700. Would it be worth waiting for AGP versions of these
> cards? (Both for their quality or a drop in price on other cards).

October 13, 2004 6:40:22 AM

"homeboi" <softwarez198410@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> ... will smack that 9600xt upside the ass ....

Not a bad slogan for it, unless they go with: "Says to the 9600XT: 'Bitch,
make me a sandwich' "
October 13, 2004 7:18:14 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

"homeboi" <softwarez198410@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> wait for the 6600gt will smack that 9600xt upside the ass and will perform
> 2 or 3 times faster I wont be pricey it will be considered the new
> midrange cards. If you up grade now your card wont last you much long in
> graphic intensive gaming.

Gotcha.
Anonymous
October 14, 2004 2:31:02 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

9700 pro is the best bang for the buck and already smacks the 9600XT.

"Key-Bored" <f@home.com> wrote in message
news:o A0bd.77525$Ot3.58776@twister.nyc.rr.com...
> I've been looking at some 9600XT's, but I keep hearing things about the
6600
> and the X700. Would it be worth waiting for AGP versions of these cards?
> (Both for their quality or a drop in price on other cards).

Anonymous
October 16, 2004 7:20:29 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 22:31:02 -0400, "C.R.GRAHAM"
<C.R.GRAHAM@rogers.com> wrote:

>9700 pro is the best bang for the buck and already smacks the 9600XT.

And just where do you find one of these ho's...
Anonymous
October 18, 2004 11:18:34 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

"Key-Bored" <f@home.com> wrote in message news:<oA0bd.77525$Ot3.58776@twister.nyc.rr.com>...
> I've been looking at some 9600XT's, but I keep hearing things about the 6600
> and the X700. Would it be worth waiting for AGP versions of these cards?
> (Both for their quality or a drop in price on other cards).

I remember reading in the post about X700 awhile ago. I think X700 is PCI-E only.

Motherboard: Asus P5AD2 Premium
PSU: Antec 550 Watt
CPU: Intel Pentium 3.2Ghz 1MB L2 Cache /w HT
Hard Drive: Western Digital 36.7GB SATA 10K-RPM
Memory: OCZ Enhanced Bandwidth DDR2 PC2-4200 533Mhz
1GB (2x512MB) Dual Channel (4-3-3-12)
Audio: C-Media Integrated 7.1 channel
Video Card: Gigabyte X800 XT
OS: Windows XP Pro /w SP2 + all updates, DirectX 9.0c
CD-Drive 1: Asus 52x CD-ROM
CD-Drive 2: Sony DVD/CD 4x-R+R-RW+RW Combo Drive
Anonymous
October 19, 2004 1:20:25 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

I think that 9700pro preamble has been floating around in cyberspace for a
year and a half, finally found a post it could bind itself to.

Mike

!