Buy a mid-range card now or wait?

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

I've been looking at some 9600XT's, but I keep hearing things about the 6600
and the X700. Would it be worth waiting for AGP versions of these cards?
(Both for their quality or a drop in price on other cards).
7 answers Last reply
More about range card wait
  1. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

    wait for the 6600gt will smack that 9600xt upside the ass and will perform 2
    or 3 times faster I wont be pricey it will be considered the new midrange
    cards. If you up grade now your card wont last you much long in graphic
    intensive gaming.
    "Key-Bored" <f@home.com> wrote in message
    > I've been looking at some 9600XT's, but I keep hearing things about the
    > 6600 and the X700. Would it be worth waiting for AGP versions of these
    > cards? (Both for their quality or a drop in price on other cards).

  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

    "homeboi" <softwarez198410@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    > ... will smack that 9600xt upside the ass ....

    Not a bad slogan for it, unless they go with: "Says to the 9600XT: 'Bitch,
    make me a sandwich' "
  3. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

    "homeboi" <softwarez198410@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > wait for the 6600gt will smack that 9600xt upside the ass and will perform
    > 2 or 3 times faster I wont be pricey it will be considered the new
    > midrange cards. If you up grade now your card wont last you much long in
    > graphic intensive gaming.

    Gotcha.
  4. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

    9700 pro is the best bang for the buck and already smacks the 9600XT.

    "Key-Bored" <f@home.com> wrote in message
    > I've been looking at some 9600XT's, but I keep hearing things about the
    6600
    > and the X700. Would it be worth waiting for AGP versions of these cards?
    > (Both for their quality or a drop in price on other cards).

  5. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

    On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 22:31:02 -0400, "C.R.GRAHAM"
    <C.R.GRAHAM@rogers.com> wrote:

    >9700 pro is the best bang for the buck and already smacks the 9600XT.

    And just where do you find one of these ho's...
  6. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

    "Key-Bored" <f@home.com> wrote in message news:<oA0bd.77525$Ot3.58776@twister.nyc.rr.com>...
    > I've been looking at some 9600XT's, but I keep hearing things about the 6600
    > and the X700. Would it be worth waiting for AGP versions of these cards?
    > (Both for their quality or a drop in price on other cards).

    I remember reading in the post about X700 awhile ago. I think X700 is PCI-E only.

    Motherboard: Asus P5AD2 Premium
    PSU: Antec 550 Watt
    CPU: Intel Pentium 3.2Ghz 1MB L2 Cache /w HT
    Hard Drive: Western Digital 36.7GB SATA 10K-RPM
    Memory: OCZ Enhanced Bandwidth DDR2 PC2-4200 533Mhz
    1GB (2x512MB) Dual Channel (4-3-3-12)
    Audio: C-Media Integrated 7.1 channel
    Video Card: Gigabyte X800 XT
    OS: Windows XP Pro /w SP2 + all updates, DirectX 9.0c
    CD-Drive 1: Asus 52x CD-ROM
    CD-Drive 2: Sony DVD/CD 4x-R+R-RW+RW Combo Drive
  7. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

    I think that 9700pro preamble has been floating around in cyberspace for a
    year and a half, finally found a post it could bind itself to.

    Mike

    "BuddyWh" <root@localhost.> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 22:31:02 -0400, "C.R.GRAHAM"
    > <C.R.GRAHAM@rogers.com> wrote:
    >
    >>9700 pro is the best bang for the buck and already smacks the 9600XT.
    >
    > And just where do you find one of these ho's...

Nvidia ATI Graphics