6800 Video Processor in Trouble

"The Video Processor (soon to receive a true marketing name) on the NV40
was somewhat broken, although it featured MPEG 2 decode acceleration.
Apparently, support for WMV9 decode acceleration was not up to par with
what NVIDIA had hoped for. As of the publication of this article, NVIDIA
still has not answered our questions of whether or not there is any
hardware encoding acceleration as was originally promised with NV40. So,
the feature set of the Video Processor on NV40 (the GeForce 6800) was
incomplete, only in its support for WMV9 acceleration (arguably the most
important feature of it).

NVIDIA quietly fixed the problem in the 6600GT..."

http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=2238&p=2

It was a great sounding feature, but who knows how much from that original
press release will be made available to owners of 6800 cards.

If this turns out to be true. I am going to very po! You don't buy a car and
later the manufacturer says there was a problem with 2 cylinders and in fact
its only a v6. It should work as advertised and if it doesn't then those who
bought deserve a refund or replacement with a working version!