Is their such as thing as a cheap SLI card combo ?

How 6800's ?, can they do SLI, they would be more powerfull than a
single GT right, just asking :)

Or maybe two GT's, would my PSU explode then ?

is SLI worth it, in the days of Voodoo, if would only give you 25%
improvment has SLI changed any, would like atleast 80% increase in
FPS, ect.

Thanks.

Hi JUST ME,

first of all modern SLI will only work on PCI Express boards that have at
least two PCIe x8 or better slots (ancient *g* SLI was combining two Voodoo2
cards). So there there is no such thing as a cheap SLI solution. ;-)
You will then need 2 identical SLI enabled cards (currently 6600ers and
6800ers in their PCIE form factors).

Other than that I'd bet you would need a PSU rated with at least 450 Watts
to power all that stuff.

Look at this regarding performance gains
http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=NjMz

Greetings,

Frank

Its JUST ME!!! wrote:

> How 6800's ?, can they do SLI, they would be more powerfull than a
> single GT right, just asking :)
>
> Or maybe two GT's, would my PSU explode then ?
>
> is SLI worth it, in the days of Voodoo, if would only give you 25%
> improvment has SLI changed any, would like atleast 80% increase in
> FPS, ect.

When hardware that supports it ships, then worry about it.

--
--John
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

Am Thu, 14 Oct 2004 21:10:29 -0400 schrieb J. Clarke
<jclarke@nospam.invalid>:

> Its JUST ME!!! wrote:
>

>> How 6800's ?, can they do SLI, they would be more powerfull than a
>> single GT right, just asking :)
>>
>> Or maybe two GT's, would my PSU explode then ?
>>
>> is SLI worth it, in the days of Voodoo, if would only give you 25%
>> improvment has SLI changed any, would like atleast 80% increase in
>> FPS, ect.
>
> When hardware that supports it ships, then worry about it.
>
>> Thanks.

Sorry, have got an idea! Look at www.nvidia.com??
The new SLI Tech is more powerfull that the old voodoo-systems. It's
INTELLIGENT!!! ;-)

PETER
--
"Wahrheiten sind Illusionen, von denen
man vergessen hat, dass sie welche sind."

"Frank Eden" <Frank.Eden@T-Online.de> wrote in

> Hi JUST ME,
>
> first of all modern SLI will only work on PCI Express boards that have
> at least two PCIe x8 or better slots (ancient *g* SLI was combining
> two Voodoo2 cards). So there there is no such thing as a cheap SLI
> solution. ;-) You will then need 2 identical SLI enabled cards
> (currently 6600ers and 6800ers in their PCIE form factors).

Actually, it will work on PCIe 4x. Most (all?) PCIe graphics cards will
have 16x interface. So you'd need physical 16x slots on the
motherboard. However, the 16x physical slot can be set up electrically
with only enough lines to support 16x, 8x, 4x, etc.

Nvidia has done quite a lot of SLI demos at shows that use a Supermicro
motherboard that has a 16x and 4x (electrical) slot. And Nvidia's web
page says that 16x PCIe graphics cards will automatically negatiate down
to work in 8x or 4x electrical slots (as long as card physically fits in
the slot).

Note also that 4x PCIe is similar to 8x AGP in performance, and will not
restrict for current cards.

Having said that, Nvidia did say that the optimum minimum would be 8x.
This may have something to do with the fact that the NForce4 SLI will be
set up for dual 8x slots for SLI (i.e. not dual 16x).

You probably knew all of this - just laying this out for others....