Best Nvidia card on a $400 Budget

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
a b U Graphics card
October 15, 2004 2:56:49 PM

I'm looking for an upgrade in video cards... I'm currently running a Radeon
9600 and I'm looking to get a high end card for 400 bucks or less. I like
Nvidia... any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

-Tyler Penn

More about : nvidia card 400 budget

Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
October 15, 2004 7:22:01 PM

"Tyler Penn" <tyler.penn@gmail.com> wrote in message
> I'm looking for an upgrade in video cards... I'm currently running a
> Radeon 9600 and I'm looking to get a high end card for 400 bucks or less.
> I like Nvidia... any ideas?
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> -Tyler Penn

6800 GT all the way.
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
October 15, 2004 8:46:20 PM

In article <Xd2dnY4AipqyePLcRVn_vg@giganews.com>, tyler.penn@gmail.com
says...
> I'm looking for an upgrade in video cards... I'm currently running a Radeon
> 9600 and I'm looking to get a high end card for 400 bucks or less. I like
> Nvidia... any ideas?

That's simple. The Nvidia 6800 GT is *the* card to buy. The brand
doesn't make much difference, since most cards are based on the Nvidia
reference design. Any brand name 6800 GT card would be an excellent
upgrade.
a b U Graphics card
October 16, 2004 12:00:09 AM

> 6800 GT all the way.