  • Displays
Last response: in Computer Brands
a b D Laptop
March 9, 2005 4:46:58 PM

A friend of mine asked me to check his Solo 9550 laptop, which has no
display when power up. I tried to connect the VGA output to an external
monitor, nothing was displayed. I also tried to connect an HP laptop's
VGA output to the same external monitor, and there was display on the
external monitor until the HP laptop is ready to login.

Checking the Solo's spec at Gateway's website, I found it has a
dedicated video card. My friend told me someone once opened the laptop.
I suspect a loos contact in the video card, so I opened the two 'doors'
at the bottom of the Solo laptop. One has the memory. The other one has
nothing but a slot with many pins. I wonder if I should expect to see
the card in the second one.

Can anybody give us a hint?

Thanks.

Quar

More about : solo laptop display

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
March 10, 2005 1:10:45 AM

The video card will be under the RF shield under the keyboard.

quarfoo@gmail.com wrote:
> A friend of mine asked me to check his Solo 9550 laptop, which has no
> display when power up. I tried to connect the VGA output to an external
> monitor, nothing was displayed. I also tried to connect an HP laptop's
> VGA output to the same external monitor, and there was display on the
> external monitor until the HP laptop is ready to login.
>
> Checking the Solo's spec at Gateway's website, I found it has a
> dedicated video card. My friend told me someone once opened the laptop.
> I suspect a loos contact in the video card, so I opened the two 'doors'
> at the bottom of the Solo laptop. One has the memory. The other one has
> nothing but a slot with many pins. I wonder if I should expect to see
> the card in the second one.
>
> Can anybody give us a hint?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Quar

March 12, 2005 5:33:25 AM

"Fn" "LCD/CRT" function keys? (The green ones?) To get the video to
the CRT.

!