HL2 Release date confirmed

For all those interested

"Half-Life 2: November 16
After months of speculation, Vivendi announces that Half-Life 2 has
officially gone gold and will be on shelves in less than one month.

Days after last week's Rumor Control brought news that Half-Life 2 had
gone gold and was being sent off to Vivendi Universal for approval and
manufacture, the publisher confirmed that the game has gone gold and
announced, finally, its release date: November 16.

What's more, VU Games announced that it will ship localized versions
of Half-Life 2 simultaneously around the world. English, French,
Spanish, Italian, German, Traditional and Simplified Chinese, Korean,
Thai and Japanese versions of the hotly anticipated first-person
shooter will all ship on November 16.

Gamers have been able to purchase Half-Life 2 through developer
Valve's Steam downloading service since last week. Those who choose to
purchase the game at brick-and-mortar stores will have the option of
picking up the Half-Life 2 Collector's Edition that includes Half-Life
2 in DVD-ROM format, Counter-Strike: Source, Half-Life: Source, a free
limited edition t-shirt, and a Half-Life 2 strategy guide from Prima."

Warty
5 answers Last reply
More about release date confirmed

    Damn, I'm not done far cry yet, need more time...

    "Warty" <yesbut@nobut.com> wrote in message
    > For all those interested
    >

    > "Half-Life 2: November 16
    > After months of speculation, Vivendi announces that Half-Life 2 has
    > officially gone gold and will be on shelves in less than one month.
    >
    > Days after last week's Rumor Control brought news that Half-Life 2 had
    > gone gold and was being sent off to Vivendi Universal for approval and
    > manufacture, the publisher confirmed that the game has gone gold and
    > announced, finally, its release date: November 16.
    >
    > What's more, VU Games announced that it will ship localized versions
    > of Half-Life 2 simultaneously around the world. English, French,
    > Spanish, Italian, German, Traditional and Simplified Chinese, Korean,
    > Thai and Japanese versions of the hotly anticipated first-person
    > shooter will all ship on November 16.
    >
    > Gamers have been able to purchase Half-Life 2 through developer
    > Valve's Steam downloading service since last week. Those who choose to
    > purchase the game at brick-and-mortar stores will have the option of
    > picking up the Half-Life 2 Collector's Edition that includes Half-Life
    > 2 in DVD-ROM format, Counter-Strike: Source, Half-Life: Source, a free
    > limited edition t-shirt, and a Half-Life 2 strategy guide from Prima."
    >

    > Warty

    Has anyone used Steam yet? How does it work with disc copying, or
    limiting you to only one copy once it's downloaded?

    I have the ATI coupon for HL2 but dont know whether to get a
    broadband-capable buddy to download it for me on Steam, or send it in
    for the CD version.

    thoughts?

    a) get broadband or
    b) sent in the coupon for a cd.

    Craig wrote:
    > a) get broadband or
    > b) sent in the coupon for a cd.
    >
    > "Judge" <no@where.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>Has anyone used Steam yet? How does it work with disc copying, or
    >>limiting you to only one copy once it's downloaded?
    >>
    >>I have the ATI coupon for HL2 but dont know whether to get a
    >>broadband-capable buddy to download it for me on Steam, or send it in
    >>for the CD version.
    >>
    >>thoughts?

    PC Gamer gave it 98% this month. Its supposed to be as good as the first
    one and then some. I can't wait, it will be a blast.

    I can't wait either. I have upgraded twice while waiting. I can't afford
    to wait any longer. :)

    "Tim" <t.w.taylor@rogers.com> wrote in message
    > Craig wrote:
    >> a) get broadband or
    >> b) sent in the coupon for a cd.
    >>
    >> "Judge" <no@where.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>Has anyone used Steam yet? How does it work with disc copying, or
    >>>limiting you to only one copy once it's downloaded?
    >>>
    >>>I have the ATI coupon for HL2 but dont know whether to get a
    >>>broadband-capable buddy to download it for me on Steam, or send it in
    >>>for the CD version.
    >>>
    >>>thoughts?
    >>

    > PC Gamer gave it 98% this month. Its supposed to be as good as the first
    > one and then some. I can't wait, it will be a blast.

Nvidia Games Graphics