  • Games
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
October 19, 2004 1:17:21 AM

For all those interested

"Half-Life 2: November 16
After months of speculation, Vivendi announces that Half-Life 2 has
officially gone gold and will be on shelves in less than one month.

Days after last week's Rumor Control brought news that Half-Life 2 had
gone gold and was being sent off to Vivendi Universal for approval and
manufacture, the publisher confirmed that the game has gone gold and
announced, finally, its release date: November 16.

What's more, VU Games announced that it will ship localized versions
of Half-Life 2 simultaneously around the world. English, French,
Spanish, Italian, German, Traditional and Simplified Chinese, Korean,
Thai and Japanese versions of the hotly anticipated first-person
shooter will all ship on November 16.

Gamers have been able to purchase Half-Life 2 through developer
Valve's Steam downloading service since last week. Those who choose to
purchase the game at brick-and-mortar stores will have the option of
picking up the Half-Life 2 Collector's Edition that includes Half-Life
2 in DVD-ROM format, Counter-Strike: Source, Half-Life: Source, a free
limited edition t-shirt, and a Half-Life 2 strategy guide from Prima."

Warty

More about : hl2 release date confirmed

Anonymous
October 19, 2004 1:25:19 AM

Damn, I'm not done far cry yet, need more time...

"Warty" <yesbut@nobut.com> wrote in message
> For all those interested
>

> "Half-Life 2: November 16
> After months of speculation, Vivendi announces that Half-Life 2 has
> officially gone gold and will be on shelves in less than one month.
>
> Days after last week's Rumor Control brought news that Half-Life 2 had
> gone gold and was being sent off to Vivendi Universal for approval and
> manufacture, the publisher confirmed that the game has gone gold and
> announced, finally, its release date: November 16.
>
> What's more, VU Games announced that it will ship localized versions
> of Half-Life 2 simultaneously around the world. English, French,
> Spanish, Italian, German, Traditional and Simplified Chinese, Korean,
> Thai and Japanese versions of the hotly anticipated first-person
> shooter will all ship on November 16.
>
> Gamers have been able to purchase Half-Life 2 through developer
> Valve's Steam downloading service since last week. Those who choose to
> purchase the game at brick-and-mortar stores will have the option of
> picking up the Half-Life 2 Collector's Edition that includes Half-Life
> 2 in DVD-ROM format, Counter-Strike: Source, Half-Life: Source, a free
> limited edition t-shirt, and a Half-Life 2 strategy guide from Prima."
>

> Warty

Anonymous
October 19, 2004 7:14:32 AM

Has anyone used Steam yet? How does it work with disc copying, or
limiting you to only one copy once it's downloaded?

I have the ATI coupon for HL2 but dont know whether to get a
broadband-capable buddy to download it for me on Steam, or send it in
for the CD version.

thoughts?
Related resources
October 19, 2004 1:18:18 PM

a) get broadband or
b) sent in the coupon for a cd.

"Judge" <no@where.com> wrote in message
> Has anyone used Steam yet? How does it work with disc copying, or
> limiting you to only one copy once it's downloaded?
>
> I have the ATI coupon for HL2 but dont know whether to get a
> broadband-capable buddy to download it for me on Steam, or send it in
> for the CD version.
>
> thoughts?
October 19, 2004 4:30:59 PM

Craig wrote:
> a) get broadband or
> b) sent in the coupon for a cd.
>
> "Judge" <no@where.com> wrote in message
>
>>Has anyone used Steam yet? How does it work with disc copying, or
>>limiting you to only one copy once it's downloaded?
>>
>>I have the ATI coupon for HL2 but dont know whether to get a
>>broadband-capable buddy to download it for me on Steam, or send it in
>>for the CD version.
>>
>>thoughts?

PC Gamer gave it 98% this month. Its supposed to be as good as the first
one and then some. I can't wait, it will be a blast.
October 19, 2004 4:31:00 PM

I can't wait either. I have upgraded twice while waiting. I can't afford
to wait any longer. :)

!