GeForce 2 MX400

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
October 19, 2004 6:07:58 PM

Is there a problem with this card and WinXP? I am unable to "pass" the
directx9 test with the card and with either the windows generic XP NVIDIA
driver or the 61.77 drivers. I can't get two of my grandson's games to work
either - MS Train Sim and Finding Nemo. The video display when these
programs start is the same as the video during the directx9 test which
displays about 7 vertical "screens" across the monitor. I have directx 9c
(SP2).

Chuck

"For evil to triumph, all that is necessary
is for good men to do nothing."

More about : geforce mx400

Anonymous
October 20, 2004 3:22:23 AM

GF2 video cards are NOT DX9 capable. That card was designed and built
before DX9 was available.

--
DaveW

"Chuck McGarigle" <Me@Here.there> wrote in message
> Is there a problem with this card and WinXP? I am unable to "pass" the
> directx9 test with the card and with either the windows generic XP NVIDIA
> driver or the 61.77 drivers. I can't get two of my grandson's games to
> work either - MS Train Sim and Finding Nemo. The video display when these
> programs start is the same as the video during the directx9 test which
> displays about 7 vertical "screens" across the monitor. I have directx 9c
> (SP2).
>
> Chuck

> "For evil to triumph, all that is necessary
> is for good men to do nothing."

October 20, 2004 3:22:24 AM

On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 23:22:23 GMT, "DaveW" <none@zero.org> wrote:

>GF2 video cards are NOT DX9 capable. That card was designed and built
>before DX9 was available.

Why do speak of what you do not know? Of course we all know it
does not support DX9, or DX8 shader effects, but even an Nvidia TnT,
or ATI Rage 128 will run the DirectX 8, and 9 test. I know of a few
programs that need DX9 installed, but only require a GF2, or higher to
run.
October 20, 2004 10:26:29 AM

The readme for the 61.77 drivers indicated that they were dx9 compatible. So
I guess my question at this point is: Is the compatibility a hardware or
software issue? If it's a software issue shouldn't the drivers fix that?
Also, I wasn't aware that MS Train Sim or Finding Nemo were dx9 required as
they both predate dx9.?!

news:p khdd.156428$He1.112386@attbi_s01...
> GF2 video cards are NOT DX9 capable. That card was designed and built
> before DX9 was available.
>
> --
> DaveW
>

> "Chuck McGarigle" <Me@Here.there> wrote in message
>> Is there a problem with this card and WinXP? I am unable to "pass" the
>> directx9 test with the card and with either the windows generic XP NVIDIA
>> driver or the 61.77 drivers. I can't get two of my grandson's games to
>> work either - MS Train Sim and Finding Nemo. The video display when these
>> programs start is the same as the video during the directx9 test which
>> displays about 7 vertical "screens" across the monitor. I have directx 9c
>> (SP2).
>>
>> Chuck
>>
>> --
>> "For evil to triumph, all that is necessary
>> is for good men to do nothing."

October 20, 2004 1:23:34 PM

The driver from nVidia [latest] do support DX9.0C but the hardware is
limited DX7. You can install DirectX9.0C and future DX version for game or
app ... etc that require it to run and your GeForce2 MX400 will run fine but
when DX9 instruction will fail or see abnormal display / image etc... Latest
Driver [software] from nVidia do support DirectX9 but hardware do not fully
supported. DirectX9 also include previous version of DX series.

CapFusion,...

> The readme for the 61.77 drivers indicated that they were dx9 compatible.
> So I guess my question at this point is: Is the compatibility a hardware
> or software issue? If it's a software issue shouldn't the drivers fix
> that? Also, I wasn't aware that MS Train Sim or Finding Nemo were dx9
> required as they both predate dx9.?!

> "For evil to triumph, all that is necessary
> is for good men to do nothing."
>
> "DaveW" <none@zero.org> wrote in message
> news:p khdd.156428$He1.112386@attbi_s01...
>> GF2 video cards are NOT DX9 capable. That card was designed and built
>> before DX9 was available.
>>
>> --
>> DaveW
>>

>> "Chuck McGarigle" <Me@Here.there> wrote in message
>>> Is there a problem with this card and WinXP? I am unable to "pass" the
>>> directx9 test with the card and with either the windows generic XP
>>> NVIDIA driver or the 61.77 drivers. I can't get two of my grandson's
>>> games to work either - MS Train Sim and Finding Nemo. The video display
>>> when these programs start is the same as the video during the directx9
>>> test which displays about 7 vertical "screens" across the monitor. I
>>> have directx 9c (SP2).
>>>
>>> Chuck
>>>
>>> --
>>> ***********************************************
>>> "For evil to triumph, all that is necessary
>>> is for good men to do nothing."
>>> ***********************************************

Anonymous
October 20, 2004 10:39:18 PM

Well, that sort of reinforces my thoughts that the issue of non-working
games might be hardware related. Any suggestions as to which video card
might be a good one to get?

"CapFusion" <CapFusion.Yo.@hotmail.Hehe.Com> wrote in message
> The driver from nVidia [latest] do support DX9.0C but the hardware is
> limited DX7. You can install DirectX9.0C and future DX version for game or
> app ... etc that require it to run and your GeForce2 MX400 will run fine
> but when DX9 instruction will fail or see abnormal display / image etc...
> Latest Driver [software] from nVidia do support DirectX9 but hardware do
> not fully supported. DirectX9 also include previous version of DX series.
>
> CapFusion,...
>

> "Chuck McGarigle" <Me@Here.there> wrote in message
>> The readme for the 61.77 drivers indicated that they were dx9 compatible.
>> So I guess my question at this point is: Is the compatibility a hardware
>> or software issue? If it's a software issue shouldn't the drivers fix
>> that? Also, I wasn't aware that MS Train Sim or Finding Nemo were dx9
>> required as they both predate dx9.?!

>> --
>> "For evil to triumph, all that is necessary
>> is for good men to do nothing."
>>
>> "DaveW" <none@zero.org> wrote in message
>> news:p khdd.156428$He1.112386@attbi_s01...
>>> GF2 video cards are NOT DX9 capable. That card was designed and built
>>> before DX9 was available.
>>>
>>> --
>>> DaveW
>>>

>>> "Chuck McGarigle" <Me@Here.there> wrote in message

Anonymous
October 20, 2004 10:39:19 PM

You can look at this link of which card support which version of DX
http://www20.graphics.tomshardware.com/graphic/20041004...

CapFusion,...

> Well, that sort of reinforces my thoughts that the issue of non-working
> games might be hardware related. Any suggestions as to which video card
> might be a good one to get?

> "For evil to triumph, all that is necessary
> is for good men to do nothing."
>
> "CapFusion" <CapFusion.Yo.@hotmail.Hehe.Com> wrote in message
>> The driver from nVidia [latest] do support DX9.0C but the hardware is
>> limited DX7. You can install DirectX9.0C and future DX version for game
>> or app ... etc that require it to run and your GeForce2 MX400 will run
>> fine but when DX9 instruction will fail or see abnormal display / image
>> etc... Latest Driver [software] from nVidia do support DirectX9 but
>> hardware do not fully supported. DirectX9 also include previous version
>> of DX series.
>>
>> CapFusion,...
>>

>> "Chuck McGarigle" <Me@Here.there> wrote in message
>>> The readme for the 61.77 drivers indicated that they were dx9
>>> compatible. So I guess my question at this point is: Is the
>>> compatibility a hardware or software issue? If it's a software issue
>>> shouldn't the drivers fix that? Also, I wasn't aware that MS Train Sim
>>> or Finding Nemo were dx9 required as they both predate dx9.?!

>>> --
>>> ***********************************************
>>> "For evil to triumph, all that is necessary
>>> is for good men to do nothing."
>>> ***********************************************
>>>
>>> "DaveW" <none@zero.org> wrote in message
>>> news:p khdd.156428$He1.112386@attbi_s01...

Anonymous
October 20, 2004 11:03:53 PM

DaveW wrote:
> GF2 video cards are NOT DX9 capable. That card was designed and built
> before DX9 was available.

Original poster -- DaveW is an idiot, ignore him at all cost.

The GF2 series has DX9 compatible drivers, however the card does not
have any DX9 specific features. DX9 itself is backwards compatible with
any earlier version of the API, so DX9 contains features specific to
the DX8, 7, 6, 5, etc. specifications.

Your card should pass the DXDiag test and if you're using WHQL drivers,
MS Certifcation tests too. However benchmarks like 3DMark2003/5 will
not score or score very low any DX9 specific tests.

It's possible to use software HAL rendering for features not supported
in hardware or by the CAPS variable. It will be accelerated, but
calculated on the CPU instead of a GPU register. This is known as
D3DHAL (hardware abstraction layer).
Anonymous
October 21, 2004 9:42:17 AM

Well, unfortunately, the card doesn't pass the directx9 test in dxdiag and
two games show the same video corruption problem when attempting to run
them. DX9 may contain features of prior directx versions, but unfortunately,
it appears that once DX9 is on the system, certain games that don't require
dx9 still don't work.

"deimos" <deimos@localhost.net> wrote in message
> DaveW wrote:
>> GF2 video cards are NOT DX9 capable. That card was designed and built
>> before DX9 was available.
>>

> Original poster -- DaveW is an idiot, ignore him at all cost.
>
> The GF2 series has DX9 compatible drivers, however the card does not have
> any DX9 specific features. DX9 itself is backwards compatible with any
> earlier version of the API, so DX9 contains features specific to the DX8,
> 7, 6, 5, etc. specifications.
>
> Your card should pass the DXDiag test and if you're using WHQL drivers, MS
> Certifcation tests too. However benchmarks like 3DMark2003/5 will not
> score or score very low any DX9 specific tests.
>
> It's possible to use software HAL rendering for features not supported in
> hardware or by the CAPS variable. It will be accelerated, but calculated
> on the CPU instead of a GPU register. This is known as D3DHAL (hardware
> abstraction layer).

Anonymous
October 21, 2004 1:07:25 PM

From Display Properties in Setting, what device listing?
What Windows OS are you running on?
If you are running on Windows XP and use XP own driver, you will need to
uninstall and reinstall with nVidia driver -
http://nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp
Select Graphic Driver > GeForce and TNT2 > Select your OS.

After driver installed, you can also try to reinstall DX9.
Check Hardware Acceleration is set to Full.
From Display Properties > Setting > Advanced > Troubleshoot.

CapFusion,...

> Well, unfortunately, the card doesn't pass the directx9 test in dxdiag and
> two games show the same video corruption problem when attempting to run
> them. DX9 may contain features of prior directx versions, but
> unfortunately, it appears that once DX9 is on the system, certain games
> that don't require dx9 still don't work.

> "For evil to triumph, all that is necessary
> is for good men to do nothing."
>
> "deimos" <deimos@localhost.net> wrote in message
>> DaveW wrote:
>>> GF2 video cards are NOT DX9 capable. That card was designed and built
>>> before DX9 was available.
>>>

>> Original poster -- DaveW is an idiot, ignore him at all cost.
>>
>> The GF2 series has DX9 compatible drivers, however the card does not have
>> any DX9 specific features. DX9 itself is backwards compatible with any
>> earlier version of the API, so DX9 contains features specific to the DX8,
>> 7, 6, 5, etc. specifications.
>>
>> Your card should pass the DXDiag test and if you're using WHQL drivers,
>> MS Certifcation tests too. However benchmarks like 3DMark2003/5 will not
>> score or score very low any DX9 specific tests.
>>
>> It's possible to use software HAL rendering for features not supported in
>> hardware or by the CAPS variable. It will be accelerated, but calculated
>> on the CPU instead of a GPU register. This is known as D3DHAL (hardware
>> abstraction layer).

Anonymous
October 21, 2004 11:43:42 PM

I'm using XP. The device is correct in the display properties dialog. I had
the 61.77 drivers installed, but they didn't work either. I'm now using the
drivers that were loaded with SP2. I'm going to try the 61.76 drivers, but I
have a feeling that isn't going to help. My hardware acceleration is at
full. I haven't attempted to reinstall DX9; dxdiag indicates that there's no
problem with the install!

> From Display Properties in Setting, what device listing?
> What Windows OS are you running on?
> If you are running on Windows XP and use XP own driver, you will need to
> uninstall and reinstall with nVidia driver -
> http://nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp
> Select Graphic Driver > GeForce and TNT2 > Select your OS.
>
> After driver installed, you can also try to reinstall DX9.
> Check Hardware Acceleration is set to Full.
> From Display Properties > Setting > Advanced > Troubleshoot.
>
> CapFusion,...
>

> "Chuck McGarigle" <Me@Here.there> wrote in message
>> Well, unfortunately, the card doesn't pass the directx9 test in dxdiag
>> and two games show the same video corruption problem when attempting to
>> run them. DX9 may contain features of prior directx versions, but
>> unfortunately, it appears that once DX9 is on the system, certain games
>> that don't require dx9 still don't work.

>> --
>> "For evil to triumph, all that is necessary
>> is for good men to do nothing."
>>
>> "deimos" <deimos@localhost.net> wrote in message
>>>>

>>> Original poster -- DaveW is an idiot, ignore him at all cost.
>>>
>>> The GF2 series has DX9 compatible drivers, however the card does not
>>> have any DX9 specific features. DX9 itself is backwards compatible with
>>> any earlier version of the API, so DX9 contains features specific to the
>>> DX8, 7, 6, 5, etc. specifications.
>>>
>>> Your card should pass the DXDiag test and if you're using WHQL drivers,
>>> MS Certifcation tests too. However benchmarks like 3DMark2003/5 will
>>> not score or score very low any DX9 specific tests.
>>>
>>> It's possible to use software HAL rendering for features not supported
>>> in hardware or by the CAPS variable. It will be accelerated, but
>>> calculated on the CPU instead of a GPU register. This is known as
>>> D3DHAL (hardware abstraction layer).

Anonymous
October 25, 2004 4:48:18 PM

What your status after uninstall and reinstall the nVidia driver?

CapFusion,...

> I'm using XP. The device is correct in the display properties dialog. I
> had the 61.77 drivers installed, but they didn't work either. I'm now
> using the drivers that were loaded with SP2. I'm going to try the 61.76
> drivers, but I have a feeling that isn't going to help. My hardware
> acceleration is at full. I haven't attempted to reinstall DX9; dxdiag
> indicates that there's no problem with the install!

> "For evil to triumph, all that is necessary
> is for good men to do nothing."
>
> "CapFusion" <CapFusion.Yo.@hotmail.Hehe.Com> wrote in message
>> From Display Properties in Setting, what device listing?
>> What Windows OS are you running on?
>> If you are running on Windows XP and use XP own driver, you will need to
>> uninstall and reinstall with nVidia driver -
>> http://nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp
>> Select Graphic Driver > GeForce and TNT2 > Select your OS.
>>
>> After driver installed, you can also try to reinstall DX9.
>> Check Hardware Acceleration is set to Full.
>> From Display Properties > Setting > Advanced > Troubleshoot.
>>
>> CapFusion,...
>>

>> "Chuck McGarigle" <Me@Here.there> wrote in message
>>> Well, unfortunately, the card doesn't pass the directx9 test in dxdiag
>>> and two games show the same video corruption problem when attempting to
>>> run them. DX9 may contain features of prior directx versions, but
>>> unfortunately, it appears that once DX9 is on the system, certain games
>>> that don't require dx9 still don't work.

>>> --
>>> ***********************************************
>>> "For evil to triumph, all that is necessary
>>> is for good men to do nothing."
>>> ***********************************************
>>>
>>> "deimos" <deimos@localhost.net> wrote in message

Anonymous
October 25, 2004 11:40:07 PM

No change. I installed the 61.76 drivers after getting no relief with the
61.77 drivers. My system still fails the dx9 test in dxdiag and my
grandson's two games still have the same video problem. I think my
son-in-law has the same video card as I do but doesn't have dx9 installed.
He's had no problem with the games. My next step is to swap cards with him
to see if it's a hardware problem with my card.

> What your status after uninstall and reinstall the nVidia driver?
>
> CapFusion,...
>

> "Chuck McGarigle" <Me@Here.there> wrote in message
>> I'm using XP. The device is correct in the display properties dialog. I
>> had the 61.77 drivers installed, but they didn't work either. I'm now
>> using the drivers that were loaded with SP2. I'm going to try the 61.76
>> drivers, but I have a feeling that isn't going to help. My hardware
>> acceleration is at full. I haven't attempted to reinstall DX9; dxdiag
>> indicates that there's no problem with the install!

>> --
>> "For evil to triumph, all that is necessary
>> is for good men to do nothing."
>>
>> "CapFusion" <CapFusion.Yo.@hotmail.Hehe.Com> wrote in message
>>> From Display Properties in Setting, what device listing?
>>> What Windows OS are you running on?
>>> If you are running on Windows XP and use XP own driver, you will need to
>>> uninstall and reinstall with nVidia driver -
>>> http://nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp
>>> Select Graphic Driver > GeForce and TNT2 > Select your OS.
>>>
>>> After driver installed, you can also try to reinstall DX9.
>>> Check Hardware Acceleration is set to Full.
>>> From Display Properties > Setting > Advanced > Troubleshoot.
>>>
>>> CapFusion,...
>>>

>>> "Chuck McGarigle" <Me@Here.there> wrote in message

Anonymous
October 26, 2004 1:25:25 PM

You can try swapping card to determine if card is the issue. Other than
swapping card, did you install driver / utilities for your mainboard?
Also check to see if either the card connector [goldfinger] or the slot
maybe dirty ....etc.

CapFusion,....

> No change. I installed the 61.76 drivers after getting no relief with the
> 61.77 drivers. My system still fails the dx9 test in dxdiag and my
> grandson's two games still have the same video problem. I think my
> son-in-law has the same video card as I do but doesn't have dx9 installed.
> He's had no problem with the games. My next step is to swap cards with him
> to see if it's a hardware problem with my card.

> "For evil to triumph, all that is necessary
> is for good men to do nothing."
>
> "CapFusion" <CapFusion.Yo.@hotmail.Hehe.Com> wrote in message
>> What your status after uninstall and reinstall the nVidia driver?
>>
>> CapFusion,...
>>

>> "Chuck McGarigle" <Me@Here.there> wrote in message
>>> I'm using XP. The device is correct in the display properties dialog. I
>>> had the 61.77 drivers installed, but they didn't work either. I'm now
>>> using the drivers that were loaded with SP2. I'm going to try the 61.76
>>> drivers, but I have a feeling that isn't going to help. My hardware
>>> acceleration is at full. I haven't attempted to reinstall DX9; dxdiag
>>> indicates that there's no problem with the install!

>>> --
>>> ***********************************************
>>> "For evil to triumph, all that is necessary
>>> is for good men to do nothing."
>>> ***********************************************
>>>
>>> "CapFusion" <CapFusion.Yo.@hotmail.Hehe.Com> wrote in message

Anonymous
October 26, 2004 8:16:50 PM

On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 19:40:07 -0400, "Chuck McGarigle" <Me@Here.there>
wrote:

Apparently games like Diablo 2 won't run on dx9.
directx is not part of the nvidia drivers, you can remove directx 9
with a program and re-install dx8. Make sure you have dx8 install
files before you do this. You'll probably have to re-install the
video card nvidia drivers, any version 45.xx and after should be ok.

A google for directx remove on the internet gives:

http://www.zgodanet.nowytarg.pl/pliki/xpPOMOC/directx-d...

http://www.superfoxs.com/index.htm

http://www.litepc.com/xplite/directx.htm

>No change. I installed the 61.76 drivers after getting no relief with the
>61.77 drivers. My system still fails the dx9 test in dxdiag and my
>grandson's two games still have the same video problem. I think my
>son-in-law has the same video card as I do but doesn't have dx9 installed.
>He's had no problem with the games. My next step is to swap cards with him
>to see if it's a hardware problem with my card.

Sig:
I have a brain the size of a planet. It's not much good to me, however. It's on a different planet.
Anonymous
October 27, 2004 12:19:26 AM

I'm thinkin' the card is my problem. My son-in-law can run the two programs
on his gateway which has an ATI Rage 128 VR video card and DX 9.0c. The card
doesn't support dx9 but the programs still work since they only need dx8.
The ATI card doesn't even do the dx9 test - the dxdiag program just says
that the card doesn't support dx9 and won't run the test.

His other system uses an NVidia 5200 w/128 ram and dx9.0b.

I also noticed that both his cards have 128 MB ram; mine has 64 MB. This may
be a factor as well, although I don't know enough about this stuff to be
able to know for sure.

"For evil to triumph, all that is necessary
is for good men to do nothing."

"Chuck McGarigle" <Me@Here.there> wrote in message
> No change. I installed the 61.76 drivers after getting no relief with the
> 61.77 drivers. My system still fails the dx9 test in dxdiag and my
> grandson's two games still have the same video problem. I think my
> son-in-law has the same video card as I do but doesn't have dx9 installed.
> He's had no problem with the games. My next step is to swap cards with him
> to see if it's a hardware problem with my card.

> "For evil to triumph, all that is necessary
> is for good men to do nothing."
>
> "CapFusion" <CapFusion.Yo.@hotmail.Hehe.Com> wrote in message
>> What your status after uninstall and reinstall the nVidia driver?
>>
>> CapFusion,...
>>

>> "Chuck McGarigle" <Me@Here.there> wrote in message
>>> I'm using XP. The device is correct in the display properties dialog. I
>>> had the 61.77 drivers installed, but they didn't work either. I'm now
>>> using the drivers that were loaded with SP2. I'm going to try the 61.76
>>> drivers, but I have a feeling that isn't going to help. My hardware
>>> acceleration is at full. I haven't attempted to reinstall DX9; dxdiag
>>> indicates that there's no problem with the install!

>>> --
>>> ***********************************************
>>> "For evil to triumph, all that is necessary
>>> is for good men to do nothing."
>>> ***********************************************
>>>
>>> "CapFusion" <CapFusion.Yo.@hotmail.Hehe.Com> wrote in message

Anonymous
October 27, 2004 12:19:27 AM

Having 64MB on your MX400 should not cause your DxDiag to fail the test. I
have a old 32MB Trident 3DImage that does not complaint with DxDiag test.

Please narrow the source down. Looking at your son-in-law PC that can play
your two program does not mean your MX400 card on your PC is defective or
not. To verify if your card is hardware or your PC O.S. is t he issue, you
will need to have any one of those two card of his to your PC and see if the
problem. Or trying your suspected card in his PC and see if the problem show
up.

Install all necessary driver of the chosen card to your PC and run the DX
test.
Check your display adapter to make sure it show the correct device. It
should not show or indicate Standard VGA adapter or similar.

CapFusion,...

> I'm thinkin' the card is my problem. My son-in-law can run the two
> programs on his gateway which has an ATI Rage 128 VR video card and DX
> 9.0c. The card doesn't support dx9 but the programs still work since they
> only need dx8. The ATI card doesn't even do the dx9 test - the dxdiag
> program just says that the card doesn't support dx9 and won't run the
> test.
>
> His other system uses an NVidia 5200 w/128 ram and dx9.0b.
>
> I also noticed that both his cards have 128 MB ram; mine has 64 MB. This
> may be a factor as well, although I don't know enough about this stuff to
> be able to know for sure.

> "For evil to triumph, all that is necessary
> is for good men to do nothing."
>
> "Chuck McGarigle" <Me@Here.there> wrote in message
>> No change. I installed the 61.76 drivers after getting no relief with the
>> 61.77 drivers. My system still fails the dx9 test in dxdiag and my
>> grandson's two games still have the same video problem. I think my
>> son-in-law has the same video card as I do but doesn't have dx9
>> installed. He's had no problem with the games. My next step is to swap
>> cards with him to see if it's a hardware problem with my card.

>> --
>> "For evil to triumph, all that is necessary
>> is for good men to do nothing."
>>
>> "CapFusion" <CapFusion.Yo.@hotmail.Hehe.Com> wrote in message
>>> What your status after uninstall and reinstall the nVidia driver?
>>>
>>> CapFusion,...
>>>

>>> "Chuck McGarigle" <Me@Here.there> wrote in message

Anonymous
October 31, 2004 3:02:20 PM

Just got done playing around with the FX5600. Didn't work on my PC. Still
failed the dx9 test, and the same two games still failed to play properly
and displayed the same video problem as when I had the Geforce 2 installed.
Back to GeForce 2. Problems still exist. I did discover that with either
card, I am unable to switch to 800X600 resolution. Standard VGA is fine.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

> Having 64MB on your MX400 should not cause your DxDiag to fail the test. I
> have a old 32MB Trident 3DImage that does not complaint with DxDiag test.
>
> Please narrow the source down. Looking at your son-in-law PC that can play
> your two program does not mean your MX400 card on your PC is defective or
> not. To verify if your card is hardware or your PC O.S. is t he issue, you
> will need to have any one of those two card of his to your PC and see if
> the problem. Or trying your suspected card in his PC and see if the
> problem show up.
>
> Install all necessary driver of the chosen card to your PC and run the DX
> test.
> Check your display adapter to make sure it show the correct device. It
> should not show or indicate Standard VGA adapter or similar.
>
> CapFusion,...
>

> "Chuck McGarigle" <Me@Here.there> wrote in message
>> I'm thinkin' the card is my problem. My son-in-law can run the two
>> programs on his gateway which has an ATI Rage 128 VR video card and DX
>> 9.0c. The card doesn't support dx9 but the programs still work since they
>> only need dx8. The ATI card doesn't even do the dx9 test - the dxdiag
>> program just says that the card doesn't support dx9 and won't run the
>> test.
>>
>> His other system uses an NVidia 5200 w/128 ram and dx9.0b.
>>
>> I also noticed that both his cards have 128 MB ram; mine has 64 MB. This
>> may be a factor as well, although I don't know enough about this stuff to
>> be able to know for sure.
>>
>> --
>> "For evil to triumph, all that is necessary
>> is for good men to do nothing."
>>
>> "Chuck McGarigle" <Me@Here.there> wrote in message
>>> No change. I installed the 61.76 drivers after getting no relief with
>>> the 61.77 drivers. My system still fails the dx9 test in dxdiag and my
>>> grandson's two games still have the same video problem. I think my
>>> son-in-law has the same video card as I do but doesn't have dx9
>>> installed. He's had no problem with the games. My next step is to swap
>>> cards with him to see if it's a hardware problem with my card.

>>> --
>>> ***********************************************
>>> "For evil to triumph, all that is necessary
>>> is for good men to do nothing."
>>> ***********************************************
>>>
>>> "CapFusion" <CapFusion.Yo.@hotmail.Hehe.Com> wrote in message

Anonymous
October 31, 2004 3:02:21 PM

On Sun, 31 Oct 2004 12:02:20 -0500, "Chuck McGarigle" <Me@Here.there>
wrote:

>Just got done playing around with the FX5600. Didn't work on my PC. Still
>failed the dx9 test, and the same two games still failed to play properly
>and displayed the same video problem as when I had the Geforce 2 installed.
>Back to GeForce 2. Problems still exist. I did discover that with either
>card, I am unable to switch to 800X600 resolution. Standard VGA is fine.
>
>Any thoughts would be appreciated.
>
>Chuck

First thing I'd do is use DriverCleaner to remove all previous
drivers from your system. Then make sure you have the latest chipset
driver for your motherboard installed correctly. Then install the
latest Nvidia video driver. If it still fails, then it may be time for
a full format, and reinstall of the entire OS. That's how I fix my
problems when they crop up. :)
Anonymous
November 1, 2004 3:25:18 PM

As Chuck stated / suggestion.
Something about your OS might be causing this problem.

CapFusion,...

"Chuck McGarigle" <Me@Here.there> wrote in message
news:o YednRjCUcQNhxjcRVn-2g@comcast.com...
> Just got done playing around with the FX5600. Didn't work on my PC. Still
> failed the dx9 test, and the same two games still failed to play properly
> and displayed the same video problem as when I had the Geforce 2
> installed. Back to GeForce 2. Problems still exist. I did discover that
> with either card, I am unable to switch to 800X600 resolution. Standard
> VGA is fine.
>
> Any thoughts would be appreciated.
>
> Chuck

> "For evil to triumph, all that is necessary
> is for good men to do nothing."
>
> "CapFusion" <CapFusion.Yo.@hotmail.Hehe.Com> wrote in message
>> Having 64MB on your MX400 should not cause your DxDiag to fail the test.
>> I have a old 32MB Trident 3DImage that does not complaint with DxDiag
>> test.
>>
>> Please narrow the source down. Looking at your son-in-law PC that can
>> play your two program does not mean your MX400 card on your PC is
>> defective or not. To verify if your card is hardware or your PC O.S. is t
>> he issue, you will need to have any one of those two card of his to your
>> PC and see if the problem. Or trying your suspected card in his PC and
>> see if the problem show up.
>>
>> Install all necessary driver of the chosen card to your PC and run the DX
>> test.
>> Check your display adapter to make sure it show the correct device. It
>> should not show or indicate Standard VGA adapter or similar.
>>
>> CapFusion,...
>>

>> "Chuck McGarigle" <Me@Here.there> wrote in message
>>> I'm thinkin' the card is my problem. My son-in-law can run the two
>>> programs on his gateway which has an ATI Rage 128 VR video card and DX
>>> 9.0c. The card doesn't support dx9 but the programs still work since
>>> they only need dx8. The ATI card doesn't even do the dx9 test - the
>>> dxdiag program just says that the card doesn't support dx9 and won't run
>>> the test.
>>>
>>> His other system uses an NVidia 5200 w/128 ram and dx9.0b.
>>>
>>> I also noticed that both his cards have 128 MB ram; mine has 64 MB. This
>>> may be a factor as well, although I don't know enough about this stuff
>>> to be able to know for sure.
>>>
>>> --
>>> ***********************************************
>>> "For evil to triumph, all that is necessary
>>> is for good men to do nothing."
>>> ***********************************************
>>>
>>> "Chuck McGarigle" <Me@Here.there> wrote in message

Anonymous
November 1, 2004 9:31:18 PM

I've updated the bios, but no change. Haven't run driver cleaner yet. I
might install both of the games that don't work onto my Toshiba laptop to
see if it works there first. It has the same OS and is at SP2 level, but
without a lot of the other stuff that's loaded on the desktop.

". . . it's ironic that when it comes down to it - that it's
men of a rough persuasion who have to do all the
hard things that the general population are incapable
of doing, and then the general population disowns them.
It's called being a soldier."
> As Chuck stated / suggestion.
> Something about your OS might be causing this problem.
>
> CapFusion,...
>

> "Chuck McGarigle" <Me@Here.there> wrote in message
> news:o YednRjCUcQNhxjcRVn-2g@comcast.com...
>> Just got done playing around with the FX5600. Didn't work on my PC. Still
>> failed the dx9 test, and the same two games still failed to play properly
>> and displayed the same video problem as when I had the Geforce 2
>> installed. Back to GeForce 2. Problems still exist. I did discover that
>> with either card, I am unable to switch to 800X600 resolution. Standard
>> VGA is fine.
>>
>> Any thoughts would be appreciated.
>>
>> Chuck
>>
>> --
>> "For evil to triumph, all that is necessary
>> is for good men to do nothing."
>>
>> "CapFusion" <CapFusion.Yo.@hotmail.Hehe.Com> wrote in message
>>> Having 64MB on your MX400 should not cause your DxDiag to fail the test.
>>> I have a old 32MB Trident 3DImage that does not complaint with DxDiag
>>> test.
>>>
>>> Please narrow the source down. Looking at your son-in-law PC that can
>>> play your two program does not mean your MX400 card on your PC is
>>> defective or not. To verify if your card is hardware or your PC O.S. is
>>> t he issue, you will need to have any one of those two card of his to
>>> your PC and see if the problem. Or trying your suspected card in his PC
>>> and see if the problem show up.
>>>
>>> Install all necessary driver of the chosen card to your PC and run the
>>> DX test.
>>> Check your display adapter to make sure it show the correct device. It
>>> should not show or indicate Standard VGA adapter or similar.
>>>
>>> CapFusion,...
>>>

>>> "Chuck McGarigle" <Me@Here.there> wrote in message

Anonymous
November 1, 2004 9:31:19 PM

SP2 - Firewall is enable as default. Try to disable it to see if it will
start.

CapFusion,...

> I've updated the bios, but no change. Haven't run driver cleaner yet. I
> might install both of the games that don't work onto my Toshiba laptop to
> see if it works there first. It has the same OS and is at SP2 level, but
> without a lot of the other stuff that's loaded on the desktop.

> ". . . it's ironic that when it comes down to it - that it's
> men of a rough persuasion who have to do all the
> hard things that the general population are incapable
> of doing, and then the general population disowns them.
> It's called being a soldier."
> "CapFusion" <CapFusion.Yo.@hotmail.Hehe.Com> wrote in message
>> As Chuck stated / suggestion.
>> Something about your OS might be causing this problem.
>>
>> CapFusion,...
>>

>> "Chuck McGarigle" <Me@Here.there> wrote in message
>> news:o YednRjCUcQNhxjcRVn-2g@comcast.com...
>>> Just got done playing around with the FX5600. Didn't work on my PC.
>>> Still failed the dx9 test, and the same two games still failed to play
>>> properly and displayed the same video problem as when I had the Geforce
>>> 2 installed. Back to GeForce 2. Problems still exist. I did discover
>>> that with either card, I am unable to switch to 800X600 resolution.
>>> Standard VGA is fine.
>>>
>>> Any thoughts would be appreciated.
>>>
>>> Chuck
>>>
>>> --
>>> ***********************************************
>>> "For evil to triumph, all that is necessary
>>> is for good men to do nothing."
>>> ***********************************************
>>>
>>> "CapFusion" <CapFusion.Yo.@hotmail.Hehe.Com> wrote in message

Anonymous
November 2, 2004 11:09:04 AM

Try installing the chipset (mobo) AGP drivers. It sounds like they're
not installed.

Chuck McGarigle wrote:
> Just got done playing around with the FX5600. Didn't work on my PC. Still
> failed the dx9 test, and the same two games still failed to play properly
> and displayed the same video problem as when I had the Geforce 2 installed.
> Back to GeForce 2. Problems still exist. I did discover that with either
> card, I am unable to switch to 800X600 resolution. Standard VGA is fine.
>
> Any thoughts would be appreciated.
>
> Chuck

4
Anonymous
November 2, 2004 11:09:05 AM

There are no special AGP drivers that I am aware of for my motherboard.
Everything that is supposed to work on my system works with the exception of
the two games I've been attempting to get playable for my grandson (MS Train
Sim and Finding Nemo). None of the diagnostic programs I've run indicate any
issue with the AGP slot.

As an experiment, I loaded MS Train Sim onto my Toshiba laptop and it worked
as advertised which indicates to me that there's a driver or other software
problem affecting certain programs on my desktop.

"Sharanga Dayananda" <sharanga@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Try installing the chipset (mobo) AGP drivers. It sounds like they're not
> installed.
>

> Chuck McGarigle wrote:
>> Just got done playing around with the FX5600. Didn't work on my PC. Still
>> failed the dx9 test, and the same two games still failed to play properly
>> and displayed the same video problem as when I had the Geforce 2
>> installed. Back to GeForce 2. Problems still exist. I did discover that
>> with either card, I am unable to switch to 800X600 resolution. Standard
>> VGA is fine.
>>
>> Any thoughts would be appreciated.
>>
>> Chuck
>>
> 4
Anonymous
November 2, 2004 11:09:06 AM

It really hard to say what the source is. But it does sound like GART is not
working or not install or something wrong with it.GART is related to AGP
which is need for your mainboard to work correctly. If you have like VIA
type of mainboard, you will need to install mainboard driver [4in1 driver].

DiagDX test fail normally cause by either following [beside hardware
failure] -
Video Card driver
Video Card driver corruption
Mainboard AGP [GART] driver not install or corruption

Using an old video card and running the latest DX9C still will be ok.
Since you have SP2, try to uninstall and see if it will work.

CapFusion,...

> There are no special AGP drivers that I am aware of for my motherboard.
> Everything that is supposed to work on my system works with the exception
> of the two games I've been attempting to get playable for my grandson (MS
> Train Sim and Finding Nemo). None of the diagnostic programs I've run
> indicate any issue with the AGP slot.
>
> As an experiment, I loaded MS Train Sim onto my Toshiba laptop and it
> worked as advertised which indicates to me that there's a driver or other
> software problem affecting certain programs on my desktop.

> ". . . it's ironic that when it comes down to it - that it's
> men of a rough persuasion who have to do all the
> hard things that the general population are incapable
> of doing, and then the general population disowns them.
> It's called being a soldier."
> "Sharanga Dayananda" <sharanga@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Try installing the chipset (mobo) AGP drivers. It sounds like they're not
>> installed.
>>

>> Chuck McGarigle wrote:
>>> Just got done playing around with the FX5600. Didn't work on my PC.
>>> Still failed the dx9 test, and the same two games still failed to play
>>> properly and displayed the same video problem as when I had the Geforce
>>> 2 installed. Back to GeForce 2. Problems still exist. I did discover
>>> that with either card, I am unable to switch to 800X600 resolution.
>>> Standard VGA is fine.
>>>
>>> Any thoughts would be appreciated.
>>>
>>> Chuck
>>>
>> 4

Anonymous
November 2, 2004 9:30:30 PM

I double-checked the software that came with the motherboard, and there's
nothing related to the AGP slot or any drivers needed for it to be
"activated". The only discussion in the manual relates to the fact that the
video card has to be either +0.8V OR +1.5V. I have no way of knowing whether
the Geforce 2 MX400 meets either of those requirements as I have no
reference manual for the card. My MoBo is an ASUS P4C800-E Deluxe. Is there
any way to test whether the AGP slot is working properly??

Chuck

> It really hard to say what the source is. But it does sound like GART is
> not working or not install or something wrong with it.GART is related to
> AGP which is need for your mainboard to work correctly. If you have like
> VIA type of mainboard, you will need to install mainboard driver [4in1
> driver].
>
> DiagDX test fail normally cause by either following [beside hardware
> failure] -
> Video Card driver
> Video Card driver corruption
> Mainboard AGP [GART] driver not install or corruption
>
> Using an old video card and running the latest DX9C still will be ok.
> Since you have SP2, try to uninstall and see if it will work.
>
> CapFusion,...
>

> "Chuck McGarigle" <Me@Here.there> wrote in message
>> There are no special AGP drivers that I am aware of for my motherboard.
>> Everything that is supposed to work on my system works with the exception
>> of the two games I've been attempting to get playable for my grandson (MS
>> Train Sim and Finding Nemo). None of the diagnostic programs I've run
>> indicate any issue with the AGP slot.
>>
>> As an experiment, I loaded MS Train Sim onto my Toshiba laptop and it
>> worked as advertised which indicates to me that there's a driver or other
>> software problem affecting certain programs on my desktop.
>>
>> --
>> ". . . it's ironic that when it comes down to it - that it's
>> men of a rough persuasion who have to do all the
>> hard things that the general population are incapable
>> of doing, and then the general population disowns them.
>> It's called being a soldier."
>> "Sharanga Dayananda" <sharanga@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Try installing the chipset (mobo) AGP drivers. It sounds like they're
>>> not installed.

>>> 4

Anonymous
November 2, 2004 9:30:31 PM

Generally, GeForce2 MX type should normally be 1.5V.
Beside using DXDiag tool, I do not recall any off-hand.
Double check on the "Hardware acceleration" is set to full" and try testing
to see if enable or disable "...write combing" have any differences.
Next is to set AGP aperture size from the BIOS of the mainboard to 64MB or
128MB to see if that will make any differences.

Try again to unstall nVidia driver from Safemode and reinstall again to see
if any change / differences.
Do you have any card next to the AGP slot? If there is, try moving it down a
slot like PCI#2 or so.

CapFusion,...

>I double-checked the software that came with the motherboard, and there's
>nothing related to the AGP slot or any drivers needed for it to be
>"activated". The only discussion in the manual relates to the fact that the
>video card has to be either +0.8V OR +1.5V. I have no way of knowing
>whether the Geforce 2 MX400 meets either of those requirements as I have no
>reference manual for the card. My MoBo is an ASUS P4C800-E Deluxe. Is there
>any way to test whether the AGP slot is working properly??
>
> Chuck

> ". . . it's ironic that when it comes down to it - that it's
> men of a rough persuasion who have to do all the
> hard things that the general population are incapable
> of doing, and then the general population disowns them.
> It's called being a soldier."
> "CapFusion" <CapFusion.Yo.@hotmail.Hehe.Com> wrote in message
>> It really hard to say what the source is. But it does sound like GART is
>> not working or not install or something wrong with it.GART is related to
>> AGP which is need for your mainboard to work correctly. If you have like
>> VIA type of mainboard, you will need to install mainboard driver [4in1
>> driver].
>>
>> DiagDX test fail normally cause by either following [beside hardware
>> failure] -
>> Video Card driver
>> Video Card driver corruption
>> Mainboard AGP [GART] driver not install or corruption
>>
>> Using an old video card and running the latest DX9C still will be ok.
>> Since you have SP2, try to uninstall and see if it will work.
>>
>> CapFusion,...
>>

>> "Chuck McGarigle" <Me@Here.there> wrote in message
>>> There are no special AGP drivers that I am aware of for my motherboard.
>>> Everything that is supposed to work on my system works with the
>>> exception of the two games I've been attempting to get playable for my
>>> grandson (MS Train Sim and Finding Nemo). None of the diagnostic
>>> programs I've run indicate any issue with the AGP slot.
>>>
>>> As an experiment, I loaded MS Train Sim onto my Toshiba laptop and it
>>> worked as advertised which indicates to me that there's a driver or
>>> other software problem affecting certain programs on my desktop.
>>>
>>> --
>>> *******************************************
>>> ". . . it's ironic that when it comes down to it - that it's
>>> men of a rough persuasion who have to do all the
>>> hard things that the general population are incapable
>>> of doing, and then the general population disowns them.
>>> It's called being a soldier."
>>> *******************************************
>>> "Sharanga Dayananda" <sharanga@gmail.com> wrote in message

Anonymous
November 3, 2004 10:59:17 PM

Chuck McGarigle wrote:
> There are no special AGP drivers that I am aware of for my motherboard.
> Everything that is supposed to work on my system works with the exception of
> the two games I've been attempting to get playable for my grandson (MS Train
> Sim and Finding Nemo). None of the diagnostic programs I've run indicate any
> issue with the AGP slot.
>
> As an experiment, I loaded MS Train Sim onto my Toshiba laptop and it worked
> as advertised which indicates to me that there's a driver or other software
> problem affecting certain programs on my desktop.

Did you say you saw 7 vertical screens during the DX test? Some monitors
go to standby when the refresh rate is too high, other display multiple
weird images.

It would appear that your refresh rate setting is too high for the
monitor at whatever resolution you're running at. You could check to see
whether your monitor is detected correcly ( you may need to download the
monitor profile INF file from the manufacturer's website ).

If you have yer monitor set up as a Standard VGA monitor, then lower yer
refresh rate to 60 Hz and work your way upwards until you find the
highest one it works at.

Good luck.
Anonymous
November 3, 2004 10:59:18 PM

OK, let's see if I can get through all these suggestions.

1. Dxdiag does show AGP Texture Acceleration as Enabled
2. At some point during my troubleshooting I did disable "write combining";
I don't remember exactly what happened, but it wasn't good, so I turned it
back on.
3. Hardware Acceleration is at high
4. Haven't tried changing the aperture size yet
5. Haven't used driver cleaner yet: although I did uninstall and reinstall
the video drivers about a week ago with no change.
6. Refresh rate is currently set at 60 Hz. I've played around with various
refresh rates and only managed to garble the screen. It almost seems that
the video refresh rate is stuck at 60 Hz. I have an old monitor that I can't
find an inf file for (Kenitec). I'm going to borrow a newer monitor and see
if that changes anything.
7. Uninstalling SP2 is my LAST resort. Since everything else on the PC is
running OK, that just seems to be overkill for two games that won't display
properly.

news:p Maid.271$c37.15@newsfe1-gui.ntli.net...
> Chuck McGarigle wrote:
>> There are no special AGP drivers that I am aware of for my motherboard.
>> Everything that is supposed to work on my system works with the exception
>> of the two games I've been attempting to get playable for my grandson (MS
>> Train Sim and Finding Nemo). None of the diagnostic programs I've run
>> indicate any issue with the AGP slot.
>>
>> As an experiment, I loaded MS Train Sim onto my Toshiba laptop and it
>> worked as advertised which indicates to me that there's a driver or other
>> software problem affecting certain programs on my desktop.
>>
> Did you say you saw 7 vertical screens during the DX test? Some monitors
> go to standby when the refresh rate is too high, other display multiple
> weird images.
>
> It would appear that your refresh rate setting is too high for the monitor
> at whatever resolution you're running at. You could check to see whether
> your monitor is detected correcly ( you may need to download the monitor
> profile INF file from the manufacturer's website ).
>
> If you have yer monitor set up as a Standard VGA monitor, then lower yer
> refresh rate to 60 Hz and work your way upwards until you find the highest
> one it works at.
>
> Good luck.
Anonymous
November 3, 2004 11:01:53 PM

In DXDiag does it say "AGP Texture Acceleration" and next to it
"Enabled" on the Direct3D screen? If it doesn't say "Enabled," you're
AGP GART isn't setup correctly or you installed DX9 drivers for the same
graphics card after installing DX9. Sometimes this messes it up.

Chuck McGarigle wrote:

> I double-checked the software that came with the motherboard, and there's
> nothing related to the AGP slot or any drivers needed for it to be
> "activated". The only discussion in the manual relates to the fact that the
> video card has to be either +0.8V OR +1.5V. I have no way of knowing whether
> the Geforce 2 MX400 meets either of those requirements as I have no
> reference manual for the card. My MoBo is an ASUS P4C800-E Deluxe. Is there
> any way to test whether the AGP slot is working properly??
>
> Chuck

Anonymous
November 7, 2004 3:53:41 PM

Thanks all for your many suggestions. As it turns out, it was my monitor. As
soon as I connected a newer model (Gateway EV700) to my video card I was
able to get my grandson's games to display properly (MS Train sim and
Finding Nemo). Not sure what the issue was, but all appears to be working as
advertised at this time. Now all I need to do is buy a new monitor.

Chuck
". . . it's ironic that when it comes down to it - that it's
men of a rough persuasion who have to do all the
hard things that the general population are incapable
of doing, and then the general population disowns them.
It's called being a soldier."
"Chuck McGarigle" <Me@Here.there> wrote in message
news:o YednRjCUcQNhxjcRVn-2g@comcast.com...
> Just got done playing around with the FX5600. Didn't work on my PC. Still
> failed the dx9 test, and the same two games still failed to play properly
> and displayed the same video problem as when I had the Geforce 2
> installed. Back to GeForce 2. Problems still exist. I did discover that
> with either card, I am unable to switch to 800X600 resolution. Standard
> VGA is fine.
>
> Any thoughts would be appreciated.
>
> Chuck

> "For evil to triumph, all that is necessary
> is for good men to do nothing."
>
> "CapFusion" <CapFusion.Yo.@hotmail.Hehe.Com> wrote in message
>> Having 64MB on your MX400 should not cause your DxDiag to fail the test.
>> I have a old 32MB Trident 3DImage that does not complaint with DxDiag
>> test.
>>
>> Please narrow the source down. Looking at your son-in-law PC that can
>> play your two program does not mean your MX400 card on your PC is
>> defective or not. To verify if your card is hardware or your PC O.S. is t
>> he issue, you will need to have any one of those two card of his to your
>> PC and see if the problem. Or trying your suspected card in his PC and
>> see if the problem show up.
>>
>> Install all necessary driver of the chosen card to your PC and run the DX
>> test.
>> Check your display adapter to make sure it show the correct device. It
>> should not show or indicate Standard VGA adapter or similar.
>>
>> CapFusion,...
>>

>> "Chuck McGarigle" <Me@Here.there> wrote in message
>>> I'm thinkin' the card is my problem. My son-in-law can run the two
>>> programs on his gateway which has an ATI Rage 128 VR video card and DX
>>> 9.0c. The card doesn't support dx9 but the programs still work since
>>> they only need dx8. The ATI card doesn't even do the dx9 test - the
>>> dxdiag program just says that the card doesn't support dx9 and won't run
>>> the test.
>>>
>>> His other system uses an NVidia 5200 w/128 ram and dx9.0b.
>>>
>>> I also noticed that both his cards have 128 MB ram; mine has 64 MB. This
>>> may be a factor as well, although I don't know enough about this stuff
>>> to be able to know for sure.
>>>
>>> --
>>> ***********************************************
>>> "For evil to triumph, all that is necessary
>>> is for good men to do nothing."
>>> ***********************************************
>>>
>>> "Chuck McGarigle" <Me@Here.there> wrote in message

Anonymous
April 17, 2005 3:37:13 PM

Chuck McGarigle wrote:
> Is there a problem with this card and WinXP? I am unable to "pass" the
> directx9 test with the card and with either the windows generic XP NVIDIA
> driver or the 61.77 drivers. I can't get two of my grandson's games to work
> either - MS Train Sim and Finding Nemo. The video display when these
> programs start is the same as the video during the directx9 test which
> displays about 7 vertical "screens" across the monitor. I have directx 9c
> (SP2).
>
> Chuck

Under Windows XP Pro needed to use 57.X drivers, they worked fine and
DX9c for XP worked fine. I had some issues with Windows so moved to
Linux and the same card performes 20 times better with Slcakware 10.0
Linux 2.4.29 and Linux 2.6.11.7.
!