hints on the next version?

I noticed the other day that one of the shops had Liberty City, Vice City
and London clocks on the outside of its building.

What other hints or red herrings are there about at the next version?

"Kav" <nerfthatdruid@druidnerf.com> wrote in message
> I noticed the other day that one of the shops had Liberty City, Vice City
> and London clocks on the outside of its building.
>
> What other hints or red herrings are there about at the next version?

I was under the impression the next gta will be set in tokyo. Admittedly I
haven't surfed about for any info and as I understand it most of the stuff
out there is contradictory.

I think it's safe to say the next GTA will be set in either
a.) London (NOOOOOOOO!! dreary dreary dreary!) or
b.) Tokyo (YES please!!).

Though I have to to say I still prefer my GTA Honolulu (Magnum PI
stylee, semi-active volcano, tropical sunsets, 80's music, and
hula-babes)
or
GTA Sydney (Kangaroos, crocs, throw a shrimp on the barbie, etc).
=)

Class 1 wrote:
> I think it's safe to say the next GTA will be set in either
> a.) London (NOOOOOOOO!! dreary dreary dreary!) or
> b.) Tokyo (YES please!!).
>
> Though I have to to say I still prefer my GTA Honolulu (Magnum PI
> stylee, semi-active volcano, tropical sunsets, 80's music, and
> hula-babes)
> or
> GTA Sydney (Kangaroos, crocs, throw a shrimp on the barbie, etc).
> =)

I don't see what the problem with London is, why is it so boring? It's
not all buckingham palace, houses of parliament and tea and scones at
3pm like you see on TV shows or holiday tours. There's more heavy stuff
going on there that you'd imagine (maybe the terrorist attacks and the
police killing innocent Brazilians have done something to change that
image) plenty of gangland stuff (watch Lock Stock and Two Smoking
Barrels), local gangs, triads, yardies, religious fanatics...

mu strum_ridcully wrote:
> I don't see what the problem with London is, why is it so boring? It's
> not all buckingham palace, houses of parliament and tea and scones at
> 3pm like you see on TV shows or holiday tours. There's more heavy stuff
> going on there that you'd imagine (maybe the terrorist attacks and the
> police killing innocent Brazilians have done something to change that
> image) plenty of gangland stuff (watch Lock Stock and Two Smoking
> Barrels), local gangs, triads, yardies, religious fanatics...

Well, I don't wish to suggest that London is dreary - it's not, in fact
IRL London is a very cool city to visit.

I just don't see UK locations really working for me in a GTA-style
environment. Perhaps the ATROCIOUS(!!!) Getaway has severely sourced me
on the whole concept.

I have to say that I also felt GTA III was a bit drab in places.
About the only pleasant thing in Driv3r were the sunny Miami and Nice
maps.

I just prefer to be in tropical/holiday-style environments in GTA -
just suits the games more and adds to the feeling of escapism (see GTA
VC).

I was wondering if you'd played getaway! I've not played it myself but
I've heard many bad stories about it and a lot of people who've don't
like the idea of GTA London have played it.

Is getaway really THAT bad?

Wow, that's a good idea. All three maps in one game. I didn't know
until recently that the original GTA contained the three cities that
the 3D games cover. Is there any recognizable similarity between the
two implementations?

Phil Hibbs.

"Class 1" <Class1@fastmail.fm> wrote in message
>I think it's safe to say the next GTA will be set in either
> a.) London (NOOOOOOOO!! dreary dreary dreary!) or
> b.) Tokyo (YES please!!).
>
> Though I have to to say I still prefer my GTA Honolulu (Magnum PI
> stylee, semi-active volcano, tropical sunsets, 80's music, and
> hula-babes)
> or
> GTA Sydney (Kangaroos, crocs, throw a shrimp on the barbie, etc).
> =)

They registered a load of domains before San Andreas came out, and everyone
was talking about the new game being in Bogota or Tokyo. It turned out to be
in San Andreas.

We've reached the end of the logical progression of Liberty City, Vice City
and San Andreas from the first game's cities, so where they go next is
anyone's guess.

Personally I'd like to see another one set in the UK, but that's probably
just because I'm a Brit. Maybe they'll take it a step further and have us
jetting around between Liberty, Vice and San Andreas, with the entire cities
playable. That would be great.

"mustrum_ridcully" <mustrum_ridcully@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> Class 1 wrote:
>> I think it's safe to say the next GTA will be set in either
>> a.) London (NOOOOOOOO!! dreary dreary dreary!) or
>> b.) Tokyo (YES please!!).
>>
>> Though I have to to say I still prefer my GTA Honolulu (Magnum PI
>> stylee, semi-active volcano, tropical sunsets, 80's music, and
>> hula-babes)
>> or
>> GTA Sydney (Kangaroos, crocs, throw a shrimp on the barbie, etc).
>> =)
>
> I don't see what the problem with London is, why is it so boring? It's
> not all buckingham palace, houses of parliament and tea and scones at
> 3pm like you see on TV shows or holiday tours. There's more heavy stuff
> going on there that you'd imagine (maybe the terrorist attacks and the
> police killing innocent Brazilians have done something to change that
> image) plenty of gangland stuff (watch Lock Stock and Two Smoking
> Barrels), local gangs, triads, yardies, religious fanatics...

Not to mention the fact that with the UK being a smaller country than the
US, there's even the possibility of having more cities included without it
being ridiculous. For example, in real life you can fly from London to just
about anywhere else in the UK in a short time, and even the trains (when
they're running) don't take long.

So, it's possible to have a GTA:UK game in which we travel from, say, London
to Newcastle, to Glasgow, to Manchester. Maybe Maccer could make a return
appearance in Manchester, and there are plenty of characterful voices that
could be used for the other cities. Billy Connolly in Glasgow? Or Jimmy Nail
in Newcastle?

If the next game is going to be a significant step forward, all of this
could be possible.

"mustrum_ridcully" <mustrum_ridcully@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> Class 1 wrote:
>> I think it's safe to say the next GTA will be set in either
>> a.) London (NOOOOOOOO!! dreary dreary dreary!) or
>> b.) Tokyo (YES please!!).
>>
>> Though I have to to say I still prefer my GTA Honolulu (Magnum PI
>> stylee, semi-active volcano, tropical sunsets, 80's music, and
>> hula-babes)
>> or
>> GTA Sydney (Kangaroos, crocs, throw a shrimp on the barbie, etc).
>> =)
>
> I don't see what the problem with London is, why is it so boring? It's
> not all buckingham palace, houses of parliament and tea and scones at
> 3pm like you see on TV shows or holiday tours. There's more heavy stuff
> going on there that you'd imagine (maybe the terrorist attacks and the
> police killing innocent Brazilians have done something to change that
> image) plenty of gangland stuff (watch Lock Stock and Two Smoking
> Barrels), local gangs, triads, yardies, religious fanatics...

I'd like to see GTA Washington with big fat waddling Rush Limbaugh types to
run over and bash their heads in with baseball bats

In message <1122292886.765893.287690@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>
"mustrum_ridcully" <mustrum_ridcully@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Is getaway really THAT bad?

Nope, it just lacks certain helpful things (Like a rear-view).

I found it visually stunning, it's great to drive around an extremely
accurate map of London town.

Gameplay isn't too bad, although there are missions that seem confusing
the first couple of tries. Control again isn't too bad, but in certain
places (ie: frenzied action) it seems sluggish.

Cheers,
Rob

"PhilHibbs" <snarks@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Wow, that's a good idea. All three maps in one game. I didn't know
> until recently that the original GTA contained the three cities that
> the 3D games cover. Is there any recognizable similarity between the
> two implementations?
>
> Phil Hibbs.

They're pretty different, you wouldn't recognise much from the GTA1 maps
that appears in the later games. The city of San Andreas from GTA1 does have
a "Golden Gate" bridge in it, though.

Here's the original Liberty City map...
http://www.gouranga.com/nf-info-gta-liberty.htm
And the original Vice City... http://www.gouranga.com/nf-info-gta-vice.htm
And here's the city of San Andreas...
http://www.gouranga.com/nf-info-gta-sanandreas.htm

As you can see, there aren't even many areas with the same names as in the
later games. San Andreas has an area called Market, which also appears as an
area in Los Santos in SA. Other than that there aren't many similarities.
The most notable difference, of course, is that San Andreas is a city rather
than a state in GTA1.

If anyone is interested, the site that I found those maps on also has a
wealth of new maps for GTA1, including GTA:Iraq! You can download them at
http://www.gouranga.com/nf-downloads-maps.htm , as well as a utitilty for
creating your own maps. I wonder if anyone has had a go at recreating the
Liberty or Vice Cities from the later games with this?