How to play DVD movie?

How do I play a DVD movie? I was given a GS-233. I reinstalled the OS,
drivers and everything works. The drive will play audio CD's so how do I
play DVD movies? Thank you for your help.
Signed,
me
3 answers Last reply
More about play movie

    You need a DVD decoder - if there's no hardware one in the system,
    you'll need a software decoder.

    There are no free ones - if you didn't get one with the system, PowerDVD
    and WinDVD are both good ones to purchase.

    me wrote:
    > How do I play a DVD movie? I was given a GS-233. I reinstalled the OS,
    > drivers and everything works. The drive will play audio CD's so how do I
    > play DVD movies? Thank you for your help.
    > Signed,
    > me

    The PC has a LG Chromatic Mpact! DVD Controller. This is a daughter board
    that is attached to the Toshiba DVD, video card and sound card. Is this
    enough or do I need something else?
    signed,
    me

    "Edward J. Neth" <ejn63@netscape.net> wrote in message
    > You need a DVD decoder - if there's no hardware one in the system,
    > you'll need a software decoder.
    >
    > There are no free ones - if you didn't get one with the system, PowerDVD
    > and WinDVD are both good ones to purchase.
    >
    > me wrote:
    > > How do I play a DVD movie? I was given a GS-233. I reinstalled the OS,
    > > drivers and everything works. The drive will play audio CD's so how do I
    > > play DVD movies? Thank you for your help.
    > > Signed,
    > > me

    You will need to have installed the drivers and software (called
    MediaWare) for that DVD deocoder. Make sure you've got Windows 98 (not
    98SE, ME or later - there's no MediaWare for those OSes; Chromatic
    Research went bust before they were developed and released).

    me wrote:
    > The PC has a LG Chromatic Mpact! DVD Controller. This is a daughter board
    > that is attached to the Toshiba DVD, video card and sound card. Is this
    > enough or do I need something else?
    > signed,

Gateway Movies DVD Computers