Info/thoughts on Gateway 4543BZ notebook?

Hi,

I'm helping a friend shop for a notebook. I found this machine at CDW,
http://www.cdw.com/shop/products/default.aspx?EDC=745114
Problem is their "detailed specs" are not very detailed. Nowhere can i
find a listing of ports, battery life, etc. I tried looking the machine
up on Gateway's site and couldn't find any info there either. The
Gateway part number is 2900727.

I also attempted to google for reviews of this particular model and
couldn't find anything.
I called Gateway directly, and the rep I spoke with never heard of this
model. He instead gave me a quote on a similarly configured system, a
M320X. What gives? Is this some sort of CDW rebrand or something? If
so, how does it compare to the M320X, and are there any similar models
out there i can look at in terms of reviews?

Thanks,

Gateway/eMachines has taken the Compaq/HP approach - flood the market
with similar models sold under different names, depending on where
they're sold (direct, Best Buy, Circuit City, etc.).

The models sold direct aren't the same as the ones sold at retail - you
might want to browse through Best Buy, Circuit City, etc. websites to
see if they have a similar or same model.