latest and greatest Nvidia drivers

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
a b \ Driver
October 24, 2004 6:48:31 AM

So, I haven't updated my 6800GT's drivers in a few weeks, and am wondering
what the latest and greatest are. Nvidia's site still ahs ones from July on
there , 61.77 I believe. I know that there are other drivers out there, just
curious what the latest and supposedly fastest ones are.
October 24, 2004 8:20:38 AM

"guess" <imnot@home.com> wrote in message news:1098586111.445660@news...
> So, I haven't updated my 6800GT's drivers in a few weeks, and am wondering
> what the latest and greatest are. Nvidia's site still ahs ones from July
> on there , 61.77 I believe. I know that there are other drivers out there,
> just curious what the latest and supposedly fastest ones are.

The newest drivers are the 66.81 found at guru3d.com or on the nvidia FTP
site and they work well with the 5900's.
http://download.guru3d.com/detonator/

Windows 2000/XP WHQl certified
Another ForceWare driverupdate. This one is a bit different though, it's
online and serving from NVIDIA themselves (from the nzone pages) making it
an official driver release. It's files are dated on the 19th of October 2004
making it the absolutely newest set available, it will work with all
graphics cards from NVIDIA. I present you ForceWare 66.81 for Windows
2000/XP, this time with WHQL certification. These drivers are intended for
the the Series 6 GPU's (GeForce 6200/6600/6800).

The driver includes a handy setup.exe and for the cards not supported, we
included a modified .inf file to get you going.

If you give the drivers a try then be sure to let us know your experiences
in our NVIDIA driver forums.

The WHQL stamp is only for GeForce 6 series GPUs as the updated release
highlights state. The release date of the drivers has been updated to
10/19/04.

a.. Updated driver to WHQL Certified driver for GeForce 6 series only
b.. Adds support for GeForce 6600 series GPUs (products supported)
c.. Added support for using HDTV over DVI connectors
d.. Added support for advanced DVI timing on all GeForce 6 series GPUs
e.. Updated Application Profiles allows users to associate color settings
and store multiple profiles per application
f.. Added support to recognize and display monitor name in all control
panels
g.. Supports 512 MB frame buffer GPUs
h.. Added supported for TV/HDTV setup in the nView Display Setup Wizard
i.. Updated Gridlines to for easier grid setup and management
j.. Microsoft® DirectX® 9.0c and OpenGL® 1.5 support
Filename:
Version:
Last download:
FileSize: ForceWare 66.81 Win2000/XP WHQL
66.81
2004-10-19 21:01:02
NVIDIA
10 MB

Category: Graphics Card Drivers - NVIDIA ForceWare - 74690 downloads
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
October 24, 2004 8:28:26 AM

In alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia, guess ordered an army of hamsters
to type:

> So, I haven't updated my 6800GT's drivers in a few weeks, and am
> wondering what the latest and greatest are. Nvidia's site still ahs
> ones from July on there , 61.77 I believe. I know that there are other
> drivers out there, just curious what the latest and supposedly fastest
> ones are.

http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?id=10
66.82 on guru of 3D.

Im only using the 61.77s myself so i cant comment on what the newer drivers
offer.
a b \ Driver
October 24, 2004 8:34:37 AM

In alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia, Kokoro ordered an army of
hamsters to type:

> In alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia, guess ordered an army of
> hamsters to type:
>
>> So, I haven't updated my 6800GT's drivers in a few weeks, and am
>> wondering what the latest and greatest are. Nvidia's site still ahs
>> ones from July on there , 61.77 I believe. I know that there are
>> other drivers out there, just curious what the latest and supposedly
>> fastest ones are.
>>

> http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?id=10
> 66.82 on guru of 3D.
>
> Im only using the 61.77s myself so i cant comment on what the newer
> drivers offer.

actually, just checking Guru, they have an article on the different driver
versions
http://www.guru3d.com/article/article/157/3/
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
October 25, 2004 6:56:53 PM

Why r they better than the 61.77 ?
Never understood the difference anyway ?

"guess" <imnot@home.com> schreef in bericht news:1098586111.445660@news...
> So, I haven't updated my 6800GT's drivers in a few weeks, and am wondering
> what the latest and greatest are. Nvidia's site still ahs ones from July
on
> there , 61.77 I believe. I know that there are other drivers out there,
just
> curious what the latest and supposedly fastest ones are.

Anonymous
a b \ Driver
October 26, 2004 3:45:27 AM

http://www.nzone.com/object/nzone_downloads_winxp_2k_66...

"guess" <imnot@home.com> wrote in message news:1098586111.445660@news...
> So, I haven't updated my 6800GT's drivers in a few weeks, and am wondering
> what the latest and greatest are. Nvidia's site still ahs ones from July
> on there , 61.77 I believe. I know that there are other drivers out there,
> just curious what the latest and supposedly fastest ones are.

Anonymous
a b \ Driver
October 26, 2004 5:37:30 AM

Thanks for the tip, I'll have to give them a try. One curiousity though, If
they are whql, as they apear to be, then why doesn't Nvidia have them on
thier main site??

"grahamilton" <.@.com> wrote in message news:417d81c9@212.67.96.135...
> http://www.nzone.com/object/nzone_downloads_winxp_2k_66...
>
> "guess" <imnot@home.com> wrote in message news:1098586111.445660@news...
>> So, I haven't updated my 6800GT's drivers in a few weeks, and am
>> wondering what the latest and greatest are. Nvidia's site still ahs ones
>> from July on there , 61.77 I believe. I know that there are other drivers
>> out there, just curious what the latest and supposedly fastest ones are.

October 27, 2004 6:14:33 AM

They are on there ftp site and they are only whql approved for 6800 cards.
They my have some issues to work out with some of the older video cards yet,
to get whql approval. Not real sure why they are not on the main site
though. I downloaded them from the nvidia ftp. So far the drivers have
worked extremely well for my 5900se card even though they are not whql for
the card. Slightly faster than the 61.77 drivers. I don't see any
improvement in the picture quality though. Tried them on a GF2 400mx and
they were very slow compared to some of the older drivers. Went back to the
43.03's for the GF2. The 66.81 did work well on a gainward 4200ti from the
61.77 but no noticeable speed increase and a slightly better picture
quality. Have not tried them on the GF3 500ti yet.

"guess" <imnot@home.com> wrote in message news:1098754649.590862@news...
> Thanks for the tip, I'll have to give them a try. One curiousity though,
> If they are whql, as they apear to be, then why doesn't Nvidia have them
> on thier main site??
>

> "grahamilton" <.@.com> wrote in message news:417d81c9@212.67.96.135...
>> http://www.nzone.com/object/nzone_downloads_winxp_2k_66...
>>
>> "guess" <imnot@home.com> wrote in message news:1098586111.445660@news...
>>> So, I haven't updated my 6800GT's drivers in a few weeks, and am
>>> wondering what the latest and greatest are. Nvidia's site still ahs ones
>>> from July on there , 61.77 I believe. I know that there are other
>>> drivers out there, just curious what the latest and supposedly fastest
>>> ones are.

Anonymous
a b \ Driver
November 1, 2004 6:42:37 PM

Is this driver including the stereo 3d drivers for things like vr shutter
glasses?
The 61.77 drivers don't work AT ALL for these kind of hardware.

regards,
Marcel

!