Terrible 6800 perf in 3dmark05

Jack

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2003

Hi there

I just upgraded to a plain 6800 from a 9800 pro.
Upgraded to the latest drivers ran 3dmark03 and got 10000+ points.
I`ve red quite a few benches and that seems what i had to expect.
I ran 3dmark05 and it was SLOWER than my 9800 pro.
I didn`t change anything after running 03.

I can`t find any good info about this and it seems like a problem for me,
cause i can`t find the reason.
My score with 05 is 2650. I think there must be something wrong here.
The only thing i can imagine is the amount of mem on the 6800 which is only
128mb.

Please help.

BYE

Jack

Your 03 score is a little low, I am getting 11,500 with a P4 2.8 Gig.
Perhaps a clean out of the drivers and update the driver will help here.
Have yet to try 05(there is an update by the way), last time I tried to
download it it stopped at 143 Meg. I had also upgraded from a 9800Pro and
was only getting around the 8,400 mark. I do note that in Doom3 the 6800 is
about 50% better than the 9800Pro.

"Jack" <jackbrugts@keyaccess.nl> wrote in message
> Hi there
>
> I just upgraded to a plain 6800 from a 9800 pro.
> Upgraded to the latest drivers ran 3dmark03 and got 10000+ points.
> I`ve red quite a few benches and that seems what i had to expect.
> I ran 3dmark05 and it was SLOWER than my 9800 pro.
> I didn`t change anything after running 03.
>
> I can`t find any good info about this and it seems like a problem for me,
> cause i can`t find the reason.
> My score with 05 is 2650. I think there must be something wrong here.
> The only thing i can imagine is the amount of mem on the 6800 which is
> only 128mb.
>
> Please help.
>
> BYE
>
> Jack

using 66.81 forceware I get 16033 on 03 and 3650 on 05 and that's using a
6800 128MB leadtek on an XP3200+ with only 512MB of ram.
HTH

Robin

Sure you are.

"robin.gordon1" <robin.gordon1@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> using 66.81 forceware I get 16033 on 03 and 3650 on 05 and that's using a
> 6800 128MB leadtek on an XP3200+ with only 512MB of ram.
> HTH
>
> Robin

That sounds about right since my old 5950 Ultra was getting around 1500 and
my 6800 GT OC was getting around 5000.
It makes sense your 6800 128mb would score somewhere in the middle.

"robin.gordon1" <robin.gordon1@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> using 66.81 forceware I get 16033 on 03 and 3650 on 05 and that's using a
> 6800 128MB leadtek on an XP3200+ with only 512MB of ram.
> HTH
>
> Robin

With my 6800GT and 3.4G P4 with 1G DDR400 on dual channel, I got the
following:
3DMark03 -- 1950
3DMark05 -- 4560

BigVoice

On Sun, 24 Oct 2004 08:54:09 GMT, "Pete D" <no@email.com> wrote:

>Your 03 score is a little low, I am getting 11,500 with a P4 2.8 Gig.
>Perhaps a clean out of the drivers and update the driver will help here.
>Have yet to try 05(there is an update by the way), last time I tried to
>download it it stopped at 143 Meg. I had also upgraded from a 9800Pro and
>was only getting around the 8,400 mark. I do note that in Doom3 the 6800 is
>about 50% better than the 9800Pro.
>
>"Jack" <jackbrugts@keyaccess.nl> wrote in message
>> Hi there
>>
>> I just upgraded to a plain 6800 from a 9800 pro.
>> Upgraded to the latest drivers ran 3dmark03 and got 10000+ points.
>> I`ve red quite a few benches and that seems what i had to expect.
>> I ran 3dmark05 and it was SLOWER than my 9800 pro.
>> I didn`t change anything after running 03.
>>
>> I can`t find any good info about this and it seems like a problem for me,
>> cause i can`t find the reason.
>> My score with 05 is 2650. I think there must be something wrong here.
>> The only thing i can imagine is the amount of mem on the 6800 which is
>> only 128mb.
>>
>> Please help.
>>
>> BYE
>>
>> Jack

Some corrections to my score:

3DMark01 -- 19500
3DMark03 -- 11000
3DMark05 -- 4560

All used 66.81 driver.

BigVoice

On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 22:30:04 +0800, BigVoice <BigVoice@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>With my 6800GT and 3.4G P4 with 1G DDR400 on dual channel, I got the
>following:
>3DMark03 -- 1950
>3DMark05 -- 4560
>
>BigVoice
>
>On Sun, 24 Oct 2004 08:54:09 GMT, "Pete D" <no@email.com> wrote:
>
>>Your 03 score is a little low, I am getting 11,500 with a P4 2.8 Gig.
>>Perhaps a clean out of the drivers and update the driver will help here.
>>Have yet to try 05(there is an update by the way), last time I tried to
>>download it it stopped at 143 Meg. I had also upgraded from a 9800Pro and
>>was only getting around the 8,400 mark. I do note that in Doom3 the 6800 is
>>about 50% better than the 9800Pro.
>>
>>"Jack" <jackbrugts@keyaccess.nl> wrote in message
>>> Hi there
>>>
>>> I just upgraded to a plain 6800 from a 9800 pro.
>>> Upgraded to the latest drivers ran 3dmark03 and got 10000+ points.
>>> I`ve red quite a few benches and that seems what i had to expect.
>>> I ran 3dmark05 and it was SLOWER than my 9800 pro.
>>> I didn`t change anything after running 03.
>>>
>>> I can`t find any good info about this and it seems like a problem for me,
>>> cause i can`t find the reason.
>>> My score with 05 is 2650. I think there must be something wrong here.
>>> The only thing i can imagine is the amount of mem on the 6800 which is
>>> only 128mb.
>>>
>>> Please help.
>>>
>>> BYE
>>>
>>> Jack

Hunter

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2003

With my 6800GT and AMD Athlon 64 3000 with 61.21 drivers

I got the following
3DMark01 19687
3DMark03 10359