66.81 Borks MoHAA

After installing the 66.81 drivers, Medal of Honor Allied Assault will no
longer start.

Dr. Watson intercepts the crash, and exits gracefully. Other Quake 3 engine
games work however. Safe Mode does not work. Same crash.

Dump inspection reveals faults in certain instructions, and no untoward
processes or other obvious glitches.

Friendly Guru wrote:
> After installing the 66.81 drivers, Medal of Honor Allied Assault will no
> longer start.
>
> Dr. Watson intercepts the crash, and exits gracefully. Other Quake 3 engine
> games work however. Safe Mode does not work. Same crash.
>
> Dump inspection reveals faults in certain instructions, and no untoward
> processes or other obvious glitches.

Back up your game saves and reinstall MOHAA. I personally like 61.76 for
Quake 3 games. I consistently get around 100fps with my POS FX5200. Then
again I also have a half a gig of system RAM too. ;-)

"Tim Taylor" <t.w.taylor@rogers.com> wrote in message
> Friendly Guru wrote:
> > After installing the 66.81 drivers, Medal of Honor Allied Assault will
no
> > longer start.
> >
> > Dr. Watson intercepts the crash, and exits gracefully. Other Quake 3
engine
> > games work however. Safe Mode does not work. Same crash.
> >
> > Dump inspection reveals faults in certain instructions, and no untoward
> > processes or other obvious glitches.
> >

> Back up your game saves and reinstall MOHAA. I personally like 61.76 for
> Quake 3 games. I consistently get around 100fps with my POS FX5200. Then
> again I also have a half a gig of system RAM too. ;-)

I reinstalled after saving, same problem (first thing I tried).

I fixed the problem by using the 66.72 drivers, I shall submit this to
nvidia as a bona fide bug, I suspect it is that vresion of the nvhelper
service.

TRENDING THREADS