farcry v1.3 anyone?

has anyone got this to work with a SBlive5.1 on winXP SP2.
v1.1 worked fine with SP2 but a lot of ppl had problems with this.
wanted 6800 card to get full support but this has backfired.
any help?

Robin

"robin.gordon1" <robin.gordon1@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> has anyone got this to work with a SBlive5.1 on winXP SP2.
> v1.1 worked fine with SP2 but a lot of ppl had problems with this.
> wanted 6800 card to get full support but this has backfired.
> any help?
>
> Robin

I just reinstalled FC 1.3 with a GeForce6800 (400/800) and 66.72 Forceware
on Win2K.

I am also using an Audigy 2 ZS that has a static problem when the SATA drive
is xferring data, so far, in game, there is no problems.

Many people have had problems ( I had to do a complete reinstall of FC for
example) but the end result is, in the eyes of a jaded old timer,
extraordinarily astounding. It reminds me of the old Unreal/Voodoo SLI days.

May I suggest a complete reinstall and then head on over to Tweakguides and
set up FC *just so*. I put my settings on mostly Very High, with Water on
Ultra High....

http://www.tweakguides.com/Farcry_5.html

stevo

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2002

Mine is working with SB5.1 and XP SP2, and has been on for several hours
now.

"robin.gordon1" <robin.gordon1@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> has anyone got this to work with a SBlive5.1 on winXP SP2.
> v1.1 worked fine with SP2 but a lot of ppl had problems with this.
> wanted 6800 card to get full support but this has backfired.
> any help?
>
> Robin

I was surprised that mine had worked OK with SP2 after all the press I'd
read but only now has it had any problem so I'll maybe uninstall and
reinstall but my game saves will be lost.

Robin.

P.S. I will try those teaks too, cheers Guru.

rms

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2003

>my game saves will be lost.

No, just copy the savegame dir to somewhere else temporarily.

rms

didn't have to. uninstalling it asks if you want to keep the savegames.
uninstalling the game and reinstalling worked for me though it did try to
tell that patch 1.3 was still installed so I had to remove it and reinstall
it again.
now everything is rosey again.

Robin