VLC reaches 2.0
VLC reaches 2.0 @ http://www.videolan.org/#download
With faster decoding on multi-core, GPU, and mobile hardware and the ability to open more formats, notably professional, HD and 10bits codecs, 2.0 is a major upgrade for VLC.
Twoflower has a new rendering pipeline for video, with higher quality subtitles, and new video filters to enhance your videos.
It supports many new devices and BluRay Discs (experimental).
Completely reworked Mac and Web interfaces and improvements in the other interfaces make VLC easier than ever to use.
FOR MAC USERS
Completely new, single window interface:
- Available in 2 colors: Lion grey and QTX black.
- Extensions support and better Lion integration.
Support for all QTKit devices through qtcapture and qtsound modules.
Continued support for X 10.5 and PPC users (1080p and ProRes on Dual-G5!).
- Best answer
VLC Media Player 2.0.1
* fix and improve the CDDB information retrieval
* fix the samba module compilation
* fix UDP / RTP multicast stream reception on Mac OS X when using the 10.7 SDK
* multiple fixes for HLS support, notably on Win32 and for encryption
* multiple fixes for Bluray discs playback
* fix for DVD decryption on some RPC-I drives
* Support for MXPEG files
* limit auto-detected threads to 4 in avcodec module
* fix quicktime audio codecs in RTSP streams
* Fix multi-file splitted RAR archive support
* Fix a crash when seeking in mka
* Improve MKV multi-video tracks support
* Fix ogm header creation
# Audio filters:
* limit spatializer filter distortions
* Use fastest SinC algorithm for samplerate module
# Audio output:
* Fix S/PDIF passthrough with ALSA.
* Remove flawed ALSA channels autodetection. The available ALSA channels MUST be configured now (stereo by default).
* Fix delay when changing the volume on Mac OS X
# Video filters:
* Fix gradfun unloading on Windows platform
# Mac OS X interface:
* allow to hide the playlist to get a small controller window
* allow to hide the sidebar
* disable Lion fullscreen mode by default, since its behavior is misleading , this fixes fullscreen video output on a secondary screen
* noticebly faster launch time
* correct a few visual glitches and accessibility support
* re-enable visual feedback on seek and volume changes
* improve track synchronization panel
* fix fontconfig cache dialog, closure of the interface and numerous crashes
* fix crop, aspect ratio handling, DVD (no menu) support and Open subtitle menu
# Qt interface:
* allow a native seek slider instead of the blue one
* fixes in the playlist, the addons dialog, the menus, the main toolbar the open dialogs, preferences and customization dialogs
* fix for fontconfig cache dialog, when rebuilding ASS fonts
# Skins interface:
* fix for menus display
* Addition of $R to display current playback speed
* documentation update
# Web interface:
* fix mobiles display for remote control mode
* support for .drc and .3ga extensions
# Service discovery:
* fix SAP discovery, where an item was added multiple times
* fix SAP discovery on Mac OS X when using the 10.7 SDK
* Update Jamendo selections
* fix DBus crash
* fix build issues on BSD, Linux/PPC and Linux/Sparc
* fix a crash on VLM close
* Update libpng to 1.5.9 (CVE-2011-3026)
* Update freetype to 2.4.9 (CVE-2012-1126 up to CVE-2012-1144)
* Fix MMS stack overflow (SA-1201)
* Fix RealRTSP heap overflow (SA-1202)
* Update of Czech, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish and Walloon translations