help with NVidia GeForce FX 5600

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
October 27, 2004 10:57:32 PM

This morning when I started my computer my screen had thin colored vertical
lines on it, they seemed to change colors when my tower was going thru the
motions. I tried my tower on my old monitor and it was the same with just
different colors. Is this fixable or do I need a new video card???? Thanks
for your help.

More about : nvidia geforce 5600

Anonymous
October 27, 2004 10:57:33 PM

"K&A" <steelshaft69@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> This morning when I started my computer my screen had thin colored
> vertical
> lines on it, they seemed to change colors when my tower was going thru the
> motions. I tried my tower on my old monitor and it was the same with just
> different colors. Is this fixable or do I need a new video card???? Thanks
> for your help.

You may need to plan on servicing / exchange / swapping etc

Please check if your FX5600's fan have stop [if it have fan on the
heatsink]. Check if it is running hot.
If the fan have stop or fail, try replacement or have it RMA with the
Manufacturer if warranty still apply.
If it the card itself, you will need to RMA the whole card.

Try running your PC with open cover and see if the line still show up.

CapFusion,...
!