PCI Express 6800 Cards May Be Near

chip

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2001

"Jeff" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
news:7p%fd.328361$D%.136771@attbi_s51...
> Check this page on MSI's global website:
>
> http://www.msi.com.tw/program/products/vga/vga/pro_vga_list.php?kind=2&CHIP=67&NAME=Nvidia%20PCI-E%20Series
>
> These cards seem to have the exact names as their AGP counterparts, but
> they
> are listed under NVIDIA PCI-E Series and specifically don't mention AGP.
> Here's to hoping they show up soon.

Delivery January, apparently.

chip

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2001

"Chip" <anneonymouse@virgin.net> wrote in message

> "Jeff" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
>> Check this page on MSI's global website:
>>
>> http://www.msi.com.tw/program/products/vga/vga/pro_vga_list.php?kind=2&CHIP=67&NAME=Nvidia%20PCI-E%20Series
>>
>> These cards seem to have the exact names as their AGP counterparts, but
>> they
>> are listed under NVIDIA PCI-E Series and specifically don't mention AGP.
>> Here's to hoping they show up soon.
>>

> Delivery January, apparently.

Don't listen to me. They are in stock today. Here:

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/copy_of_6800_Series.html

Chip

> "Chip" <anneonymouse@virgin.net> wrote in message
> >
> > "Jeff" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
> >> Check this page on MSI's global website:

http://www.msi.com.tw/program/products/vga/vga/pro_vga_list.php?kind=2&CHIP=67&NAME=Nvidia%20PCI-E%20Series

> >> These cards seem to have the exact names as their AGP counterparts, but
> >> they
> >> are listed under NVIDIA PCI-E Series and specifically don't mention
AGP.
> >> Here's to hoping they show up soon.
> >>

> > Delivery January, apparently.
>
> Don't listen to me. They are in stock today. Here:
>
> http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/copy_of_6800_Series.html
>
> Chip

I heard that the current batch of 6800 PCI-E uses a bridge chip, where as
the new one will be native PCI-E (and hopefully free of the WMV decoder
bug), is this information correct?

"FSAA" <fsaa@hotmail.com> wrote in

> "Chip" <anneonymouse@virgin.net> wrote in message
>>
>> "Chip" <anneonymouse@virgin.net> wrote in message
>> >
>> > "Jeff" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
>> >>

> http://www.msi.com.tw/program/products/vga/vga/pro_vga_list.php?kind=2
&
> CHIP=67&NAME=Nvidia%20PCI-E%20Series

> AGP.
>> >>

>> > Delivery January, apparently.
>>
>> Don't listen to me. They are in stock today. Here:
>>
>> http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/copy_of_6800_Series.html
>>
>> Chip
>>

> I heard that the current batch of 6800 PCI-E uses a bridge chip, where
> as the new one will be native PCI-E (and hopefully free of the WMV
> decoder bug), is this information correct?

I believe that this applies only to the PCIe 6800. The PCIe 6800GT and
6800Ultra will use an on-die bridge chip.