Silent Hill 3 problem

ken

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2004

Hi guys
I've Silent Hill 3 and my Videocard is Geforce4 Ti 4200 (Driver Versoin
61.77)
Game doesnt work!
When I try to start, game freeze at frame "Game could contains violent....."
etc..
and doesnt work!
Someone could help me?
I've Windows Xp and PIV2400
Thanx!

"KEN" <bò@mai.it> wrote in message
> Hi guys
> I've Silent Hill 3 and my Videocard is Geforce4 Ti 4200 (Driver Versoin
> 61.77)
> Game doesnt work!
> When I try to start, game freeze at frame "Game could contains
> violent....."
> etc..
> and doesnt work!
> Someone could help me?
> I've Windows Xp and PIV2400
> Thanx!

Beside Silent Hill, will any other similar game work?
Have you uinstall and reinstall the nVidia driver and or the game?

CapFusion,....

ken

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2004

> > I've Silent Hill 3 and my Videocard is Geforce4 Ti 4200 (Driver Versoin
> > 61.77)
> > Game doesnt work!
> > When I try to start, game freeze at frame "Game could contains
> > violent....."
> > etc..
> > and doesnt work!
> > Someone could help me?
> > I've Windows Xp and PIV2400
> > Thanx!
> >

> Beside Silent Hill, will any other similar game work?
> Have you uinstall and reinstall the nVidia driver and or the game?

Work perfectly with silent Hill 2, Resident Evil 2 and 3..
Pro Evolution Soccer 3 even if is a different kind of game

>> > I've Silent Hill 3 and my Videocard is Geforce4 Ti 4200 (Driver Versoin
>> > 61.77)
>> > Game doesnt work!
>> > When I try to start, game freeze at frame "Game could contains
>> > violent....."
>> > etc..
>> > and doesnt work!
>> > Someone could help me?
>> > I've Windows Xp and PIV2400
>> > Thanx!
>> >

>> Beside Silent Hill, will any other similar game work?
>> Have you uinstall and reinstall the nVidia driver and or the game?
>

> Work perfectly with silent Hill 2, Resident Evil 2 and 3..
> Pro Evolution Soccer 3 even if is a different kind of game

According to this reply you made, I assumed everyhing now o.k.?

CapFusion,...

With that older video card, try using the 45.23 driver which is more stable
than your current one.

--
DaveW

"KEN" <bò@mai.it> wrote in message
> Hi guys
> I've Silent Hill 3 and my Videocard is Geforce4 Ti 4200 (Driver Versoin
> 61.77)
> Game doesnt work!
> When I try to start, game freeze at frame "Game could contains
> violent....."
> etc..
> and doesnt work!
> Someone could help me?
> I've Windows Xp and PIV2400
> Thanx!

steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003

"KEN" <bò@mai.it> wrote in message
> Hi guys
> I've Silent Hill 3 and my Videocard is Geforce4 Ti 4200 (Driver Versoin
> 61.77)
> Game doesnt work!
> When I try to start, game freeze at frame "Game could contains
violent....."
> etc..
> and doesnt work!
> Someone could help me?
> I've Windows Xp and PIV2400
> Thanx!

I doubt this helps, but I recently finished SH3 with the same drivers, same
OS and similar card (Ti4600) and processor. Not sure what's wrong for you,
but as someone suggested I would try reinstalling the drivers. Does it have
a separate config utility? I can't remember, but I think it might. Try
turning everything down or off in that and see if that helps.

Cheers,

Steve

> I doubt this helps, but I recently finished SH3 with the same drivers,
> same OS and similar card (Ti4600) and processor. Not sure what's wrong

I also experienced no problems with Silent Hill 3 on a Ti4400. I think I
was using the 53.03 drivers when I played it.

ken

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2004

> According to this reply you made, I assumed everyhing now o.k.?

Nothing happen...
I reinstall driver but nothing to do
:_(

>> According to this reply you made, I assumed everyhing now o.k.?
>
> Nothing happen...
> I reinstall driver but nothing to do
> :_(

Please clearify -
"Nothing happen..."?
"I reinstall driver but nothing to do"?

I do not understand your response.
Please keep reply history.

CapFusion,...

steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003

"CapFusion" <CapFusion.Yo.@hotmail.Hehe.Com> wrote in message

> "KEN" <bò@mai.it> wrote in message
> >
> >> According to this reply you made, I assumed everyhing now o.k.?
> >
> > Nothing happen...
> > I reinstall driver but nothing to do
> > :_(
> >

> Please clearify -
> "Nothing happen..."?
> "I reinstall driver but nothing to do"?
>
> I do not understand your response.
> Please keep reply history.
>
> CapFusion,...

Ok, to clarify, to begin with you thought everything was fine. What he
*actually* said was that SH2 worked fine, not SH3.
Now, I'm guessing, he is saying that he has reinstalled the driver and it
has made no difference.

Cheers.

"Steve" <soma1@nospam.orcon.net.nz> wrote in message

> "CapFusion" <CapFusion.Yo.@hotmail.Hehe.Com> wrote in message
>>
>> "KEN" <bò@mai.it> wrote in message

>> > Nothing happen...
>> > I reinstall driver but nothing to do
>> > :_(
>> >

>> Please clearify -
>> "Nothing happen..."?
>> "I reinstall driver but nothing to do"?
>>
>> I do not understand your response.
>> Please keep reply history.
>>
>> CapFusion,...
>>

> Ok, to clarify, to begin with you thought everything was fine. What he
> *actually* said was that SH2 worked fine, not SH3.
> Now, I'm guessing, he is saying that he has reinstalled the driver and it
> has made no difference.
>
> Cheers.

To OP,

Please clarify your reply.