Dell Axim X3 - Can't keep it on for more than a few second..

April 12, 2004 7:27:56 AM

Just got it. Battery shows fully charged. Have set it at each of the options,
1,3,5,and 15 minutes, and it won't stay on any longer than 1 minute. The times
work fine on external power. Is this a bug, or am I missing something?

TIA

More about : dell axim

Anonymous
April 12, 2004 4:20:52 PM

There are two separate timeout settings... one for ac connection and a
different set for battery power.

Beverly Howard
Anonymous
April 12, 2004 10:18:31 PM

Beverly Howard [Ms-MVP/MobileDev] wrote:
> There are two separate timeout settings... one for ac connection and a
> different set for battery power.
>
> Beverly Howard

Thanks, Beverly, but as indicated in OP, "The times work fine on external
power." It's only when I select the battery connection and set any of the
times, that it doesn't stay on.

Any other ideas?

Thanka again.
April 12, 2004 10:18:32 PM

make sure that none conflict.... think the Axim has two for battery and
the same for ac... dim, backlight off and power off.

for example, if you want 5 and 10 for battery, set the ac settings to
something like 30 and 45 (the available interval options are probably
different)

Although I assume that you know about the different settings, it wasn't
obvious in the OP.

Beverly Howard
Anonymous
April 13, 2004 8:53:12 AM

Beverly Howard [Ms-MVP/MobileDev] wrote:
> make sure that none conflict.... think the Axim has two for battery and
> the same for ac... dim, backlight off and power off.
>
> for example, if you want 5 and 10 for battery, set the ac settings to
> something like 30 and 45 (the available interval options are probably
> different)
>
> Although I assume that you know about the different settings, it wasn't
> obvious in the OP.
>
> Beverly Howard

OK! Thanks. I was looking at/working with the Power settings, and I thought
that was it. Your reply caused me to look closer for related settings; hence I
took a look at the Brightness settings. Now I understand what is/was happening.
It was merely dimming, not turning off.

Thanks again, for the help.
!