Nvidia Nview Desktop manager

After installing SP2 on my XP machine, upon startup I get a message which
reads: In the blue banner on top it says " Stop Device", then under that it
says," This Application Will Not Run In This Operating System" and under
that a button which says "OK" I've determined that in the system
configuration utility under the startup tab the problem is with "Nvcpl" .
Anyone got any clues

"Roy Mottola" <rmottola1@optonline.net> wrote in message
> After installing SP2 on my XP machine, upon startup I get a message which
> reads: In the blue banner on top it says " Stop Device", then under that
> it says," This Application Will Not Run In This Operating System" and
> under that a button which says "OK" I've determined that in the system
> configuration utility under the startup tab the problem is with "Nvcpl" .
> Anyone got any clues

Try uninstall and reinstall nVidia driver.

CapFusion,...

Install the latest drivers and your problems should go away. What version
are you using?

"Roy Mottola" <rmottola1@optonline.net> wrote in message
> After installing SP2 on my XP machine, upon startup I get a message which
> reads: In the blue banner on top it says " Stop Device", then under that
> it says," This Application Will Not Run In This Operating System" and
> under that a button which says "OK" I've determined that in the system
> configuration utility under the startup tab the problem is with "Nvcpl" .
> Anyone got any clues

I'm using ver. 6177 and I have the driver 6177
> Install the latest drivers and your problems should go away. What version
> are you using?
>
> "Roy Mottola" <rmottola1@optonline.net> wrote in message
>> After installing SP2 on my XP machine, upon startup I get a message which
>> reads: In the blue banner on top it says " Stop Device", then under that
>> it says," This Application Will Not Run In This Operating System" and
>> under that a button which says "OK" I've determined that in the system
>> configuration utility under the startup tab the problem is with "Nvcpl" .
>> Anyone got any clues

Thanks, I tried that also. Still get the message on boot. Maybe it has
something to do with the drivers not being "signed"??
"CapFusion" <CapFusion.Yo.@hotmail.Hehe.Com> wrote in message
> "Roy Mottola" <rmottola1@optonline.net> wrote in message
>> After installing SP2 on my XP machine, upon startup I get a message which
>> reads: In the blue banner on top it says " Stop Device", then under that
>> it says," This Application Will Not Run In This Operating System" and
>> under that a button which says "OK" I've determined that in the system
>> configuration utility under the startup tab the problem is with "Nvcpl" .
>> Anyone got any clues
>>

> Try uninstall and reinstall nVidia driver.
>
> CapFusion,...

Did you go to safemode to unstall? Or you can try DriverCleaner to remove
then reinstall.
Some user have problem when install SP2 but after uninstall nVidia driver it
should be resolve their problem.
Or forget about SP2 and keep using SP1 and just do any critical patch / fix
only.

CapFusion,...

> Thanks, I tried that also. Still get the message on boot. Maybe it has
> something to do with the drivers not being "signed"??
> "CapFusion" <CapFusion.Yo.@hotmail.Hehe.Com> wrote in message
>> "Roy Mottola" <rmottola1@optonline.net> wrote in message
>>> After installing SP2 on my XP machine, upon startup I get a message
>>> which reads: In the blue banner on top it says " Stop Device", then
>>> under that it says," This Application Will Not Run In This Operating
>>> System" and under that a button which says "OK" I've determined that in
>>> the system configuration utility under the startup tab the problem is
>>> with "Nvcpl" . Anyone got any clues
>>>

>> Try uninstall and reinstall nVidia driver.
>>
>> CapFusion,...

I am using the 66.81's. They may update something.

"Roy Mottola" <rmottola1@optonline.net> wrote in message
> Thanks, I tried that also. Still get the message on boot. Maybe it has
> something to do with the drivers not being "signed"??
> "CapFusion" <CapFusion.Yo.@hotmail.Hehe.Com> wrote in message
>> "Roy Mottola" <rmottola1@optonline.net> wrote in message
>>> After installing SP2 on my XP machine, upon startup I get a message
>>> which reads: In the blue banner on top it says " Stop Device", then
>>> under that it says," This Application Will Not Run In This Operating
>>> System" and under that a button which says "OK" I've determined that in
>>> the system configuration utility under the startup tab the problem is
>>> with "Nvcpl" . Anyone got any clues
>>>

>> Try uninstall and reinstall nVidia driver.
>>
>> CapFusion,...

I have not found SP2 a problem on my system with a Leadtek 6800.