encoding mpg2

Jo

Yesterday i bought a fx 5900 xt, it works good but i was thinking, would
this card speed up the rendering proces from avi to mpg2?

Because you can capture video with this card andNvidia (they say)will bring
out multimedia software to edit video and record tv, blabla bla, anyway look
at their site.

So who knows the answer or has experience with those things?

jo wrote:
> Yesterday i bought a fx 5900 xt, it works good but i was thinking, would
> this card speed up the rendering proces from avi to mpg2?
>

> Because you can capture video with this card andNvidia (they say)will bring
> out multimedia software to edit video and record tv, blabla bla, anyway look
> at their site.
>
> So who knows the answer or has experience with those things?

No, there is no hardware accelerated mpeg encoding. I believe that even
the Personal Cinema line uses a software mpeg2 encoder. This is the way
it's done almost universally across consumer video capture devices.
Some higher end HDTV capture cards have both hardware MPEG/2/4 and post
processing acceleration.

Jo

ok, thanks for the info!!