leadtek winfast a350 texture flickering

Hello NG!

I recently bought a new graphics card with GeForceFX 5900XT chipset.
After running some tests I noticed texture flickering in some applications,
not really games (because this is not the primary cause why I upgraded
to a newer one).
Under WindowsXP (NVidia 61.77) I ran the new 3DMark 2005 bench, and beside
that it ran slow as hell (well, might be my AthlonXP 1800+ and the SDR-RAM)
with 2 to 7fps for the "normal" game tests, the cpu tests produced black
textures in some frames (these tests ran at 0fps).
Under Linux (Fedora Core 2 with NVidia 6111 drivers) I ran some
OpenGL-Java-Demos (under JDK-1.5.0), I then started one instance of

https://jogl-demos.dev.java.net/webstart/VertexArrayRange.jnlp

which worked out quite well, but then I started another demo from

https://jogl-demos.dev.java.net/

and the first demo produced texture errors as well (and of course got
slower).

So I don't really know what happens here, all I can say is that
if I stress my machine a lot the graphics card produces errors.
I don't think that this is a general problem of my machine since I ran a
Geforce 2 GTS there before without getting those errors when the framerates
of some applications drop.

So my Q is: Has anybody noticed these problems as well with this specific
graphics card? I did not overclock the card, it runs with manufacturing
settings (350MHz core, 700MHz ram), so it really should NOT produce any
errors.

Thanks for your answers!

Tommy.

--
PGP Public Key : http://www.thomaskeller.biz/pgp/thomas-keller.pkr
Developer on : http://www.musicmademe.com

<erno> hm. I've lost a machine.. literally _lost_. it responds to ping,
it works completely, I just can't figure out where in my apartment it is.
- bash.org/?top

A weak PSU ?
Try reinstalling your graphics driver. 66.81 isn´t bad eighter.

N´far wrote:

> A weak PSU ?

Hrm... I have a 300W PSU, which connects two HDDs, one DVD, one CDRW and the
mainboard with the Athlon XP 1800. I'd suspect the whole system freezes if
the PSU is too weak, but I can disconnect several IDE pieces and try to
test again.

> Try reinstalling your graphics driver. 66.81 isn´t bad eighter.

Well, at least for Linux there is no newer driver available than the 6111.

Thanks so far,
Tommy.