Processor Upgrade

I would like to drop in a boxed retail Intel processor. I'd prefer not to
go the PowerLeap route, actually, I didn't even see an upgrade option on
their site. What are my options.

Model: PROFESSIONAL M1000
Intel (Fedora) motherboard Pentium III - 1-GHz (1000-MHz) Part number
2512701
http://support.gateway.com/s//MOTHERBD/INTEL/2512701/2512701nv.shtml
1 answer Last reply
More about processor upgrade

    If you can get a faster processor which runs in the system or even the 1.4GHz
    PowerLeap kit, the improvement in overall speed will not be astounding. IMHO,
    not quite worth it at around $100. The most bang for the buck is more memory,
    the max of 512MB, if your system is not there already... Ben Myers

    On Sun, 13 Mar 2005 12:44:36 -0900, "George S." <walkergiv@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >I would like to drop in a boxed retail Intel processor. I'd prefer not to
    >go the PowerLeap route, actually, I didn't even see an upgrade option on
    >their site. What are my options.
    >

    >Model: PROFESSIONAL M1000
    >Intel (Fedora) motherboard Pentium III - 1-GHz (1000-MHz) Part number
    >2512701
    >http://support.gateway.com/s//MOTHERBD/INTEL/2512701/2512701nv.shtml

Gateway Processors Motherboards Intel Computers