Games stumble randomly with new install Athlon64 3400 Gefo..

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
October 30, 2004 9:12:26 AM

Hi All,

very strange problem occurs afer I upgrade. I used to have Athlon XP
3000 + Geforce FX 5900 and never had any problem. I upgraded to
Geforce 6800 GT (From BFG) and still had no problem. I used a driver
61.21 which came with the card. As if one can ever stop upgrading!
So I got Athlon 64 3400 + Asus K8N and made a fresh install of Windows
XP.
That time I installed driver 61.77 from Nvidia web site.
Now the problem : I installed only UT 2004 and Far Cry so far. Both
(especially Far Cry) show strange behavior : the game suddenly stops,
the sound either loops, or silent, the video screen does not move,
nothing respond, then in 10 - 30 seconds everything resumes like
normal and goes until next stop like this. I updated driver to 66.81 ,
3dmark2005 increased from 3900
to 4670, but games stumble exactly the same. I disconnected the
ethernet cable,
thinking may be some internet activity goes on, but that did noy help.
That is really frustrating, because those games are the only reason
for the mentioned above upgrade, and now this problem!
Please anybody , help.
-Ilya

the system currently is :
Athlon 64 3400 (Newcastle) + Asus K8N
BFG OC Geforce 6800 GT (256 M)
Audigy 2 ZS
1 G of ram (Corsair value select - not the best ram, but that worked
without a problem for a year)
PSU : Antek True Power 430
I also have 3 HDs : 80, 120, 160 G, CD-Rom, DVD-Rom/CD-rw and DVD-rw.
Windows XP home + SP2
October 30, 2004 3:50:39 PM

"Ilya Slutsker" <ilya_slutsker@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi All,
>
> very strange problem occurs afer I upgrade. I used to have Athlon XP
> 3000 + Geforce FX 5900 and never had any problem. I upgraded to
> Geforce 6800 GT (From BFG) and still had no problem. I used a driver
> 61.21 which came with the card. As if one can ever stop upgrading!
> So I got Athlon 64 3400 + Asus K8N and made a fresh install of Windows
> XP.
> That time I installed driver 61.77 from Nvidia web site.
> Now the problem : I installed only UT 2004 and Far Cry so far. Both
> (especially Far Cry) show strange behavior : the game suddenly stops,
> the sound either loops, or silent, the video screen does not move,
> nothing respond, then in 10 - 30 seconds everything resumes like
> normal and goes until next stop like this. I updated driver to 66.81 ,
> 3dmark2005 increased from 3900
> to 4670, but games stumble exactly the same. I disconnected the
> ethernet cable,
> thinking may be some internet activity goes on, but that did noy help.
> That is really frustrating, because those games are the only reason
> for the mentioned above upgrade, and now this problem!
> Please anybody , help.
> -Ilya
>
> the system currently is :
> Athlon 64 3400 (Newcastle) + Asus K8N
> BFG OC Geforce 6800 GT (256 M)
> Audigy 2 ZS
> 1 G of ram (Corsair value select - not the best ram, but that worked
> without a problem for a year)
> PSU : Antek True Power 430
> I also have 3 HDs : 80, 120, 160 G, CD-Rom, DVD-Rom/CD-rw and DVD-rw.
> Windows XP home + SP2

I think N'Far is right. It sounds exactly like a problem I had ( strangely
enough with an athlon 64 3200 and asus k8ne deluxe board ). I actually had
to *underclock* the memory on my graphics card a bit in order to fix it, but
it wasn't much and now it runs great.

I'm pretty sure it was a heat problem with my graphics card.

Tom
October 30, 2004 3:51:49 PM

"Ilya Slutsker" <ilya_slutsker@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi All,
>
> very strange problem occurs afer I upgrade. I used to have Athlon XP
> 3000 + Geforce FX 5900 and never had any problem. I upgraded to
> Geforce 6800 GT (From BFG) and still had no problem. I used a driver
> 61.21 which came with the card. As if one can ever stop upgrading!
> So I got Athlon 64 3400 + Asus K8N and made a fresh install of Windows
> XP.
> That time I installed driver 61.77 from Nvidia web site.
> Now the problem : I installed only UT 2004 and Far Cry so far. Both
> (especially Far Cry) show strange behavior : the game suddenly stops,
> the sound either loops, or silent, the video screen does not move,
> nothing respond, then in 10 - 30 seconds everything resumes like
> normal and goes until next stop like this. I updated driver to 66.81 ,
> 3dmark2005 increased from 3900
> to 4670, but games stumble exactly the same. I disconnected the
> ethernet cable,
> thinking may be some internet activity goes on, but that did noy help.
> That is really frustrating, because those games are the only reason
> for the mentioned above upgrade, and now this problem!
> Please anybody , help.
> -Ilya
>
> the system currently is :
> Athlon 64 3400 (Newcastle) + Asus K8N
> BFG OC Geforce 6800 GT (256 M)
> Audigy 2 ZS
> 1 G of ram (Corsair value select - not the best ram, but that worked
> without a problem for a year)
> PSU : Antek True Power 430
> I also have 3 HDs : 80, 120, 160 G, CD-Rom, DVD-Rom/CD-rw and DVD-rw.
> Windows XP home + SP2

I think N'Far is right. It sounds exactly like a problem I had ( strangely
enough with an athlon 64 3200 and asus k8ne deluxe board ). I actually had
to *underclock* the memory on my graphics card a bit in order to fix it, but
it wasn't much and now it runs great.

I'm pretty sure it was a heat problem with my graphics card.

Tom
Anonymous
October 30, 2004 6:29:12 PM

I had the same problemon a Intel system, as I pushed the 5900 and 6800
beyond its limits.
Back off GPU/MEM speed a little and see if the problem is localized there.
If yes and you run the defaults, you might have a temp. problem.
G.
Anonymous
October 30, 2004 6:29:13 PM

"N´far" <rudiFJERNkols@mail.dk> wrote in message news:<4183891b$0$88437$edfadb0f@dread15.news.tele.dk>...
> I had the same problemon a Intel system, as I pushed the 5900 and 6800
> beyond its limits.
> Back off GPU/MEM speed a little and see if the problem is localized there.
> If yes and you run the defaults, you might have a temp. problem.
> G.

Thanks for the answer,

nothing is overclocked.

I changed the memory to one of the recommended by the
motherboard maker,and took everithing out of the box and made another
fresh install. There is only A64 3400, K8N, 6800GT and 1 HD. This
time I only installed Painkiller. The same problem. Now I use all the
drivers from the
Manufactirer. I istalled Asus probe, and did not find any temperature
spikes
during the play. The temperature, according to ASUS probe never
climbed above
49 C. I also have the temperature probe from the box right on the
heatsink, and that was showing 33 C maximum.
I played through the entire Painkiller before (upgrading CPU/MB) using
this videocard without single problem before. Thus I do not think this
is videocard.
I am now really puzzled.

Yes, and BIOS is the latest according to ASUS web site. (1002).

- Ilya
Anonymous
October 30, 2004 6:53:16 PM

Did you install the neweset drivers for the board?
Maybe look and if theres a bios update for the board...
Ilya Slutsker wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> very strange problem occurs afer I upgrade. I used to have Athlon XP
> 3000 + Geforce FX 5900 and never had any problem. I upgraded to
> Geforce 6800 GT (From BFG) and still had no problem. I used a driver
> 61.21 which came with the card. As if one can ever stop upgrading!
> So I got Athlon 64 3400 + Asus K8N and made a fresh install of Windows
> XP.
> That time I installed driver 61.77 from Nvidia web site.
> Now the problem : I installed only UT 2004 and Far Cry so far. Both
> (especially Far Cry) show strange behavior : the game suddenly stops,
> the sound either loops, or silent, the video screen does not move,
> nothing respond, then in 10 - 30 seconds everything resumes like
> normal and goes until next stop like this. I updated driver to 66.81 ,
> 3dmark2005 increased from 3900
> to 4670, but games stumble exactly the same. I disconnected the
> ethernet cable,
> thinking may be some internet activity goes on, but that did noy help.
> That is really frustrating, because those games are the only reason
> for the mentioned above upgrade, and now this problem!
> Please anybody , help.
> -Ilya
>
> the system currently is :
> Athlon 64 3400 (Newcastle) + Asus K8N
> BFG OC Geforce 6800 GT (256 M)
> Audigy 2 ZS
> 1 G of ram (Corsair value select - not the best ram, but that worked
> without a problem for a year)
> PSU : Antek True Power 430
> I also have 3 HDs : 80, 120, 160 G, CD-Rom, DVD-Rom/CD-rw and DVD-rw.
> Windows XP home + SP2
October 30, 2004 7:24:31 PM

My apologies for posting twice - the news server seems a little screwed up.
Anonymous
October 30, 2004 8:45:17 PM

> I think N'Far is right. It sounds exactly like a problem I had ( strangely
> enough with an athlon 64 3200 and asus k8ne deluxe board ). I actually had
> to *underclock* the memory on my graphics card a bit in order to fix it, but
> it wasn't much and now it runs great.
>
> I'm pretty sure it was a heat problem with my graphics card.
>
> Tom

Tom,

It looks like the system you have is very much like mine. I am already
through 2 fresh installs of WXP, change RAM, HD and Sound Card. The
problem still there. When I enable Cool N'Quiet, the CPU dropped down
to 1 GHz and problem disappeared. I suspected CPU and now I am running
Prime95. The Temperature (From Asus Probe) climbed up to 50 C and
stays there. I will probably leave it overnight. So far it has not
found errors ( about 30 min).

But the fact that your underclocking of VideoRAM solved the problem
for you makes me thinking may be my PSU is not good? What PSU do you
use?
The Videocard worked before without a problem,I believe with the same
speed (I did nothing , simply moved it to new MB) with everything the
same but Athlon XP 3000 and Asus A7N8X. May be Athlon 64 takes so much
power that 6800 GT and A64 3400 just together need bigger PSU.

Ilya
Anonymous
October 31, 2004 2:05:45 AM

"Ilya Slutsker" <ilya_slutsker@hotmail.com> skrev i en meddelelse
> "N´far" <rudiFJERNkols@mail.dk> wrote in message
> > I had the same problemon a Intel system, as I pushed the 5900 and 6800
> > beyond its limits.
> > Back off GPU/MEM speed a little and see if the problem is localized
there.
> > If yes and you run the defaults, you might have a temp. problem.
> > G.
>
> Thanks for the answer,
>
> nothing is overclocked.
>
> I changed the memory to one of the recommended by the
> motherboard maker,and took everithing out of the box and made another
> fresh install. There is only A64 3400, K8N, 6800GT and 1 HD. This
> time I only installed Painkiller. The same problem. Now I use all the
> drivers from the
> Manufactirer. I istalled Asus probe, and did not find any temperature
> spikes
> during the play. The temperature, according to ASUS probe never
> climbed above
> 49 C. I also have the temperature probe from the box right on the
> heatsink, and that was showing 33 C maximum.
> I played through the entire Painkiller before (upgrading CPU/MB) using
> this videocard without single problem before. Thus I do not think this
> is videocard.
> I am now really puzzled.
>
> Yes, and BIOS is the latest according to ASUS web site. (1002).

I´ll give it one more shot:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/842242/en-us

Painkiller and SP2 probs. are found too already (Google)

BTW: I´s talking about your 6800GT temp...CTR/ALT/DEL out of a game and
check the temp for the graphics card..

G.
October 31, 2004 2:15:19 AM

> But the fact that your underclocking of VideoRAM solved the problem
> for you makes me thinking may be my PSU is not good? What PSU do you
> use?

Make sure the videocard's power connector is direct from the psu with no
other devices on it. Raise the AGP voltage by .1volts in bios. Underclock
the videocard by 10%. Try all these.

rms
October 31, 2004 4:41:04 AM

"Ilya Slutsker" <ilya_slutsker@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> "N´far" <rudiFJERNkols@mail.dk> wrote in message
>> I had the same problemon a Intel system, as I pushed the 5900 and 6800
>> beyond its limits.
>> Back off GPU/MEM speed a little and see if the problem is localized
>> there.
>> If yes and you run the defaults, you might have a temp. problem.
>> G.
>
> Thanks for the answer,
>
> nothing is overclocked.
>
> I changed the memory to one of the recommended by the
> motherboard maker,and took everithing out of the box and made another
> fresh install. There is only A64 3400, K8N, 6800GT and 1 HD. This
> time I only installed Painkiller. The same problem. Now I use all the
> drivers from the
> Manufactirer. I istalled Asus probe, and did not find any temperature
> spikes
> during the play. The temperature, according to ASUS probe never
> climbed above
> 49 C. I also have the temperature probe from the box right on the
> heatsink, and that was showing 33 C maximum.
> I played through the entire Painkiller before (upgrading CPU/MB) using
> this videocard without single problem before. Thus I do not think this
> is videocard.
> I am now really puzzled.
>
> Yes, and BIOS is the latest according to ASUS web site. (1002).
>
> - Ilya

there is a 1003 on the ftp site

ftp://asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/sock754/K8N/

might be a beta bios though.

what drivers are you using? (for eg BFG drivers and asus drivers?)

I am using 66.81 from nvidia for my graphics card

ftp://download.nvidia.com/Windows/66.81/

the latest nforce motherboard drivers are available here

ftp://download.nvidia.com/Windows/nForce/5.10/

You could also check in the bios to see if cool'n'quiet is enabled, if it
is, disable it as this can cause the cpu to jump between 800Mhz and 2000Mhz
when gaming. I never have it activated at all now myself, although I am
using a via K8T800P based motherboard.

--
Les
AMD64 3200+

>> I think N'Far is right. It sounds exactly like a problem I had (
>> strangely
>> enough with an athlon 64 3200 and asus k8ne deluxe board ). I actually
>> had
>> to *underclock* the memory on my graphics card a bit in order to fix it,
>> but
>> it wasn't much and now it runs great.
>>
>> I'm pretty sure it was a heat problem with my graphics card.
>>
>> Tom
>
> Tom,
>
> It looks like the system you have is very much like mine. I am already
> through 2 fresh installs of WXP, change RAM, HD and Sound Card. The
> problem still there. When I enable Cool N'Quiet, the CPU dropped down
> to 1 GHz and problem disappeared. I suspected CPU and now I am running
> Prime95. The Temperature (From Asus Probe) climbed up to 50 C and
> stays there. I will probably leave it overnight. So far it has not
> found errors ( about 30 min).
>
> But the fact that your underclocking of VideoRAM solved the problem
> for you makes me thinking may be my PSU is not good? What PSU do you
> use?
> The Videocard worked before without a problem,I believe with the same
> speed (I did nothing , simply moved it to new MB) with everything the
> same but Athlon XP 3000 and Asus A7N8X. May be Athlon 64 takes so much
> power that 6800 GT and A64 3400 just together need bigger PSU.
>
> Ilya

I have an antec 480 power supply, and my video card is a full generation
behind yours.

If underclocking doesn't work, try upping the voltage ( like was mentioned
in a previous thread ). It's very possible that your VC isn't getting
enough power.

Tom
Anonymous
October 31, 2004 8:53:56 AM

"Les" <a@aolnot.com> wrote in message news:<2uiqktF2blnjcU1@uni-berlin.de>...
> "Ilya Slutsker" <ilya_slutsker@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>

> there is a 1003 on the ftp site
>
> ftp://asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/sock754/K8N/
>
> might be a beta bios though.
>
> what drivers are you using? (for eg BFG drivers and asus drivers?)
>
> I am using 66.81 from nvidia for my graphics card
>
> ftp://download.nvidia.com/Windows/66.81/
>
> the latest nforce motherboard drivers are available here
>
> ftp://download.nvidia.com/Windows/nForce/5.10/
>
> You could also check in the bios to see if cool'n'quiet is enabled, if it
> is, disable it as this can cause the cpu to jump between 800Mhz and 2000Mhz
> when gaming. I never have it activated at all now myself, although I am
> using a via K8T800P based motherboard.

Hi Les,

I tried the following drivers in the succession : 61.77, 66.81,
61.21(That caem from BFG with the videocard. ). The problem was
irrelevant to the drivers. I enabled cool'n'quiet yesterday , and the
problem dissappeared in the Painkiller, but I quickly found that CPU
was running at 1 GHz. So the game played a bit choppy, but without
pause. But then I played through the entire Painkiller with the same
Videcard, drivers 61.21 and 2.1 GHz Athlon XP 3000, without any
problem before.I disabled cool'n'quiet , speed returned to 2.4 GHz I
ran Prime95 yesterday for 3 hours : no errors.
I ran Nvidia System Utility and strangely enough it reports the AGP
speed as 53 MHz instead of 66 as it is set in BIOS. I wonder if it is
relevant? I found one thread that mentioned 53 GHz in Nvidia System
Utility for K8N-E. 1003 is beta bios but I might try that if nothing
else helps. Last thing : maybe my PSU is not strong enough to run CPU
and VC together (Antec True Power 430).

Thanks for the answer
Ilya
Anonymous
October 31, 2004 8:57:44 AM

"rms" <rsquires@flashREMOVE.net> wrote in message news:<r8Wgd.18165$5b1.1920@newssvr17.news.prodigy.com>...
> > But the fact that your underclocking of VideoRAM solved the problem
> > for you makes me thinking may be my PSU is not good? What PSU do you
> > use?
>
> Make sure the videocard's power connector is direct from the psu with no
> other devices on it. Raise the AGP voltage by .1volts in bios. Underclock
> the videocard by 10%. Try all these.
>
> rms

the power connector was direct, and no other devices. Interesting,
that Nvidia system Utility shows AGP speed as 53 MHz instead of 66 as
it is set in Bios.
Do you think it is related?

ilya
Anonymous
October 31, 2004 8:11:44 PM

> I have an antec 480 power supply, and my video card is a full generation
> behind yours.
>
> If underclocking doesn't work, try upping the voltage ( like was mentioned
> in a previous thread ). It's very possible that your VC isn't getting
> enough power.
>
> Tom

I found that Nvidia System Utility reports AGP speed as 53 MHz instead
of 66 as set in bios. I wonder if it is related. If you have run that
utility could you tell me what it reported? I found one thread where
they mentioned the same condition and the article :
http://www.ocworkbase.com/reviews/13_userreview_trans_a...
(that was about K8N-E).
I needed another PSU anyways so I ordered antec True550 and now
waiting for it.
AGP voltage is reported as 1.5 , should I make it 1.6? ( I am a little
bit afraid to fry $400 card.)

Thanks again
Ilya
November 1, 2004 1:08:33 AM

On 30 Oct 2004 05:12:26 -0700, ilya_slutsker@hotmail.com (Ilya
Slutsker) wrote:

>Hi All,
>
>very strange problem occurs afer I upgrade. I used to have Athlon XP
>3000 + Geforce FX 5900 and never had any problem. I upgraded to
>Geforce 6800 GT (From BFG) and still had no problem. I used a driver
>61.21 which came with the card. As if one can ever stop upgrading!
>So I got Athlon 64 3400 + Asus K8N and made a fresh install of Windows
>XP.
>That time I installed driver 61.77 from Nvidia web site.
>Now the problem : I installed only UT 2004 and Far Cry so far. Both
>(especially Far Cry) show strange behavior : the game suddenly stops,
>the sound either loops, or silent, the video screen does not move,
>nothing respond, then in 10 - 30 seconds everything resumes like
>normal and goes until next stop like this. I updated driver to 66.81 ,
>3dmark2005 increased from 3900
>to 4670, but games stumble exactly the same. I disconnected the
>ethernet cable,
>thinking may be some internet activity goes on, but that did noy help.
>That is really frustrating, because those games are the only reason
>for the mentioned above upgrade, and now this problem!
>Please anybody , help.
>-Ilya
>
>the system currently is :
>Athlon 64 3400 (Newcastle) + Asus K8N
>BFG OC Geforce 6800 GT (256 M)
>Audigy 2 ZS
>1 G of ram (Corsair value select - not the best ram, but that worked
>without a problem for a year)
>PSU : Antek True Power 430
>I also have 3 HDs : 80, 120, 160 G, CD-Rom, DVD-Rom/CD-rw and DVD-rw.
>Windows XP home + SP2

Same exactly problem here.

First turn off FAST writes in the BOIS
That solved mine
Will is solved it until I OL'ed the card then I would get the pause
again just not as often. Set clock back to normal range and it went
away. I think it was stopping from getting to hot (there is an option
in the driver to stop at a certain temp)

But it differently did like Fast writes either and I have to leave it
off or I get the pauses a lot.
November 1, 2004 1:52:53 AM

>> I have an antec 480 power supply, and my video card is a full generation
>> behind yours.
>>
>> If underclocking doesn't work, try upping the voltage ( like was
>> mentioned
>> in a previous thread ). It's very possible that your VC isn't getting
>> enough power.
>>
>> Tom
>
> I found that Nvidia System Utility reports AGP speed as 53 MHz instead
> of 66 as set in bios. I wonder if it is related. If you have run that
> utility could you tell me what it reported? I found one thread where
> they mentioned the same condition and the article :
> http://www.ocworkbase.com/reviews/13_userreview_trans_a...
> (that was about K8N-E).
> I needed another PSU anyways so I ordered antec True550 and now
> waiting for it.
> AGP voltage is reported as 1.5 , should I make it 1.6? ( I am a little
> bit afraid to fry $400 card.)
>
> Thanks again
> Ilya

My system reported agp at 66 using the nvidia system utility.

I don't think upping the voltage to 1.6 is a real threat to do any damage to
your card.

Tom
Anonymous
November 1, 2004 11:02:26 PM

"Thomas" <tom@nowere.ca> wrote in message news:<atmdnWtQgJmOLhjcRVn-hQ@rogers.com>...
> "Ilya Slutsker" <ilya_slutsker@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >>
> >> I have an antec 480 power supply, and my video card is a full generation
> >> behind yours.
> >>
> >> If underclocking doesn't work, try upping the voltage ( like was
> >> mentioned
> >> in a previous thread ). It's very possible that your VC isn't getting
> >> enough power.
> >>
> >> Tom
> >
> > I found that Nvidia System Utility reports AGP speed as 53 MHz instead
> > of 66 as set in bios. I wonder if it is related. If you have run that
> > utility could you tell me what it reported? I found one thread where
> > they mentioned the same condition and the article :
> > http://www.ocworkbase.com/reviews/13_userreview_trans_a...
> > (that was about K8N-E).
> > I needed another PSU anyways so I ordered antec True550 and now
> > waiting for it.
> > AGP voltage is reported as 1.5 , should I make it 1.6? ( I am a little
> > bit afraid to fry $400 card.)
> >
> > Thanks again
> > Ilya
>
> My system reported agp at 66 using the nvidia system utility.
>
> I don't think upping the voltage to 1.6 is a real threat to do any damage to
> your card.
>
> Tom

I was looking at the AGP speed indicator at the Nvidia System utility
again and it was showing 66 Mhz and 53 at random. I checked my PC at
work (That one has Geforce FX 5200) and that showed AGP speed at 80
MHz (That one never even ran any 3D apps). Interesting enough, the
problem was not immediately obvious for the last day ( But I only
played for 20 min or so). This time I used driver 61.21 and did not
install update 1.35 for FarCry. I am still waiting for the True550.
Ilya
November 3, 2004 11:31:14 AM

Sometimes the sound hardware causes problems by eating lots of
resources/cpu time. As a test, try reducing your sound settings to whatever
is most basic/simple. I frequently get stalls when sounds occur, i.e. an
explosion or a gunshot. (Yes, my system is a little underpowered.)
November 4, 2004 12:49:16 PM

That's what I was thinking too. Uninstall the Audigy and test. I never did
trust Creative cards.

DaveL

"JS" <JS@huh.wha> wrote in message
> Sometimes the sound hardware causes problems by eating lots of
> resources/cpu time. As a test, try reducing your sound settings to
whatever
> is most basic/simple. I frequently get stalls when sounds occur, i.e. an
> explosion or a gunshot. (Yes, my system is a little underpowered.)
Anonymous
November 17, 2004 6:43:04 AM

"DaveL" <dave1027@comcast.net> wrote in message news:<Ot-dna3d9aja9hfcRVn-ig@comcast.com>...
> That's what I was thinking too. Uninstall the Audigy and test. I never did
> trust Creative cards.
>
> DaveL
>

> "JS" <JS@huh.wha> wrote in message
> > Sometimes the sound hardware causes problems by eating lots of
> > resources/cpu time. As a test, try reducing your sound settings to
> whatever
> > is most basic/simple. I frequently get stalls when sounds occur, i.e. an
> > explosion or a gunshot. (Yes, my system is a little underpowered.)

I tried to use on-board sound taking the audugy off. That did not
resolve the problem. I upgraded the PSU (It is now Antec true550 -
should be plenty).
I flashed the latest Bios (1003) and install latest drivers (66.93)
for Videocard. The problem still randomly appears (With or without
Audigy).
That videocard and the Audigy I used together before upgrade, and no
problem.

Ilya
!