  • Video
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
October 30, 2004 3:55:29 PM

I just got a gforce 6600 and am trying to figure out how to watch video
on my TV. So far, all I can get to work is the multi-monitor support
where I can actually see the windows desktop on the tv and monitor
simultaneously. This is not what I'm looking for, however. On my last
card, a matrox g400 max dualhead, I was able to play videos in windows
media player and it would export just the video itself (no windwos
desktop and no media player chrome) at very high quality to my TV. Isn't
there something like this on my 6600 card? Help would be
appreciated--thanks.

More about : gforce 6600 watching video

Anonymous
October 31, 2004 12:02:22 AM

first does it support tv i dont mean svideo
i mean does it have a tuner built in if it does go to nvidia and get the
software if it does not, buy a wintv card or leadtech video capture they let
you watch tv and capture video.make sure it is a tv card.
oh also there are differant kinds new tech is coming like hd tv and high tech
sound
and digital channels i guess you will have to do some looking and checking out
tech.
smile it only gets more complicated.
Anonymous
October 31, 2004 12:02:23 AM

Bartsman wrote:
> first does it support tv i dont mean svideo
> i mean does it have a tuner built in if it does go to nvidia and get the
> software if it does not, buy a wintv card or leadtech video capture they let
> you watch tv and capture video.make sure it is a tv card.
> oh also there are differant kinds new tech is coming like hd tv and high tech
> sound
> and digital channels i guess you will have to do some looking and checking out
> tech.
> smile it only gets more complicated.

thanks but I think you misunderstood my question--I'm talking about
TV-out, not video capture. I simply want to watch videos, such as DVD's,
on my TV from my computer. There is an s-video out but so far, I can
only get it to work like a second monitor, which is not what you want
for watching videos.
October 31, 2004 2:03:22 AM

There should be a setting to allow you to output fullscreen on the TV Out
connector. On mune I actually have to have the TV connected so it can detect
it.

"TheKeith" <no@spam.com> wrote in message
> Bartsman wrote:
>> first does it support tv i dont mean svideo
>> i mean does it have a tuner built in if it does go to nvidia and get the
>> software if it does not, buy a wintv card or leadtech video capture they
>> let
>> you watch tv and capture video.make sure it is a tv card.
>> oh also there are differant kinds new tech is coming like hd tv and high
>> tech
>> sound and digital channels i guess you will have to do some looking and
>> checking out
>> tech.
>> smile it only gets more complicated.
>

> thanks but I think you misunderstood my question--I'm talking about
> TV-out, not video capture. I simply want to watch videos, such as DVD's,
> on my TV from my computer. There is an s-video out but so far, I can only
> get it to work like a second monitor, which is not what you want for
> watching videos.
Anonymous
November 1, 2004 2:04:30 PM

I am not to sure I understand your your problem.
If you want to have DVD play back to full screen, try the following -
From nVidia Pop-out menu > Overlay controls > Both or second etc.
From nVidia Pop-out menu > Full Screen Video > Full screen device > Auto or
Second

Set your DVD software to enable full screen when play. When DVD playback
start, DVD screen should open fully on TV or second monitor.

CapFusion,....

!