Leadtek THD 350 5900 Flashing to 5950????

HI

Does this really work?

Whats the performance increase?

What about temp?

Where do i get the bois and flash tool from?

Many thanks

Si

Expert

Yes, but only if it is a 5900 Ultra. Most 5900's don't have the memory for
it. A another alternative would be a modified bios file for that card,
which will change the latency's for the card's memory and increase the
voltage for both the gpu and the memory, which will increase the OC
abilities of the card. Some have be able to do the flash to the 5950 and
some have not. The best advise would be don't do it unless you really know
what you are doing could cause some major problems. You really need to know
how to reverse the bios update using pci video card before attempting to
flash the 5900 to a 5950 bios.

"Simon Mallatratt" <simon mallatratt@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> HI
>
> Does this really work?
>
> Whats the performance increase?
>
> What about temp?
>
> Where do i get the bois and flash tool from?
>
> Many thanks
>
> Si

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Yeah, it really works. I flashed my BFG 5900 the other night and now
it's a 5950 with different overclocking abilities than before. It does
run faster and cooler!
I did a search on bios flashing and Nvidia and found some useful
sites. Bios downloads and win98 boot disks are there too. If you can
find a bios by the same manufacturer as your card, your in business
but only the straight 5900's work, not the XT's or SE's. Mine is a
128mg model and works great.

Good Luck

Jada

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2004

Did your BFG 5900 have VIVO. If so, did that functionality still work
after the flash to 5950? What bios did you use.

thanks