Asus/Nvidia GeForce3: no AGP on Win2K?

Hi all,

Running Win2K with an Asus/Nvidia GeForce3 in an Asus P4PE MB and
can't get AGP to work. Installed card, updated MB-BIOS, installed
correct drivers.

Ran diagnostics and found AGP-capabilities not enabled, AGP speed not
set.

Is this a known issue? Shouldn't it be working out of the box?
Asus/Nvidia never answer any email, searched websites for info on
enabling AGP on Win2K, seen several solutions and none of those apply
or work.

Anybody?

Thanks.
MBH
8 answers Last reply
More about asus nvidia geforce3 win2k

    <MyBrainHurts!> wrote in message
    > Hi all,
    >
    > Running Win2K with an Asus/Nvidia GeForce3 in an Asus P4PE MB and
    > can't get AGP to work. Installed card, updated MB-BIOS, installed
    > correct drivers.
    >
    > Ran diagnostics and found AGP-capabilities not enabled, AGP speed not
    > set.
    >
    > Is this a known issue? Shouldn't it be working out of the box?
    > Asus/Nvidia never answer any email, searched websites for info on
    > enabling AGP on Win2K, seen several solutions and none of those apply
    > or work.

    Did you install the motherboard drivers (on the Asus site it's called the
    Intel Chipset Software Installation) prior to installing the nVidia/Asus
    drivers?

    Dan

    On Fri, 5 Nov 2004 12:25:07 -0000, "Spack" <news@worldofspack.co.uk>
    wrote:

    Yes I did, forgot to mention.

    MBH

    > On Fri, 5 Nov 2004 12:25:07 -0000, "Spack" <news@worldofspack.co.uk>
    > wrote:
    >
    > Yes I did, forgot to mention.
    >
    > MBH
    >
    >>Did you install the motherboard drivers (on the Asus site it's called the
    >>Intel Chipset Software Installation) prior to installing the nVidia/Asus
    >>drivers?

    Are you overclocking at all? If so, try setting the agp back to Auto in the
    BIOS. Apart from that, I can't see why it won't work.

    Dan

    On Fri, 5 Nov 2004 14:27:47 -0000, "Spack" <news@worldofspack.co.uk>
    wrote:

    ><MyBrainHurts!> wrote in message
    >> On Fri, 5 Nov 2004 12:25:07 -0000, "Spack" <news@worldofspack.co.uk>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >> Yes I did, forgot to mention.
    >>
    >> MBH
    >>
    >>>Did you install the motherboard drivers (on the Asus site it's called the
    >>>Intel Chipset Software Installation) prior to installing the nVidia/Asus
    >>>drivers?
    >
    >Are you overclocking at all? If so, try setting the agp back to Auto in the
    >BIOS. Apart from that, I can't see why it won't work.
    >
    >Dan

    No overclocking, BIOS settings are indeed auto where I thoiught that
    would be the best option;-) And I don't see why it shoiuldn't work
    either, unless it is actually working but the diagnostic tools can't
    figure that out. I used Fresh Diagnose (recent version) )and and some
    others I forgot or still try to forget. Recommendations on that part
    or am I drifting off-track?

    MBH

    > On Fri, 5 Nov 2004 14:27:47 -0000, "Spack" <news@worldofspack.co.uk>
    > wrote:
    >
    >><MyBrainHurts!> wrote in message
    >>> On Fri, 5 Nov 2004 12:25:07 -0000, "Spack" <news@worldofspack.co.uk>
    >>> wrote:
    >>>
    >>> Yes I did, forgot to mention.
    >>>
    >>> MBH

    >>Are you overclocking at all? If so, try setting the agp back to Auto in
    >>the
    >>BIOS. Apart from that, I can't see why it won't work.
    >>
    >>Dan
    >

    > No overclocking, BIOS settings are indeed auto where I thoiught that
    > would be the best option;-) And I don't see why it shoiuldn't work
    > either, unless it is actually working but the diagnostic tools can't
    > figure that out. I used Fresh Diagnose (recent version) )and and some
    > others I forgot or still try to forget. Recommendations on that part
    > or am I drifting off-track?

    Try SiSoftSandra, I've always found that reliable when it comes to checking
    settings. Does DXDiag show that AGP Acceleration is disabled?

    Dan

    What service pack? Would recomend at least SP3 and if you had applied it,
    apply it again anyway.

    <MyBrainHurts!> wrote in message
    > Hi all,
    >
    > Running Win2K with an Asus/Nvidia GeForce3 in an Asus P4PE MB and
    > can't get AGP to work. Installed card, updated MB-BIOS, installed
    > correct drivers.
    >
    > Ran diagnostics and found AGP-capabilities not enabled, AGP speed not
    > set.
    >
    > Is this a known issue? Shouldn't it be working out of the box?
    > Asus/Nvidia never answer any email, searched websites for info on
    > enabling AGP on Win2K, seen several solutions and none of those apply
    > or work.
    >

    > Anybody?
    >
    > Thanks.
    > MBH

    > Running Win2K with an Asus/Nvidia GeForce3 in an Asus P4PE MB and
    > can't get AGP to work. Installed card, updated MB-BIOS, installed
    > correct drivers.

    I've never had any trouble getting AGP to work on Win2k... I've run a
    GF3 Ti200 and a GF4 Ti4200 on a 1.2GHz P3 and an XP1800+ without any
    trouble on that OS.

    I've also run a Radeon 9200 on the P3 system, but it wouldn't work until
    I disabled AGP 4x in the BIOS.

    Well,

    That took a while, somethingz came up.

    Thanks for all the replies and suggestions, none of them help a lot,
    but hey...

    Tried SiSoft Sandra and took the liberty to past parts of the info
    below. I hope that any of you guru's out there can help;-)

    Thanks again,

    MBH!

    ***** Start of Report *****

    <<< General >>>

    Name: SiSoftware Sandra Standard Unicode (Win32x86)
    Version: 2004.10.9.133
    Done On: november 10, 2004
    Done At: 12:08

    <<< PCI, AGP, CardBus Bus(es) Information >>>

    << Generic >>
    << Interface >>
    < System Buses >
    AGP Bus(es): 1
    PCI Bus(es): 2
    Interface Version: 2.20

    < Interface Properties >
    Config space access mechanism :Yes
    Config space access mechanism :No
    Cycle generation mechanism 1 s:No
    Cycle generation mechanism 2 s:No

    << PCI Bus 0 (1/1x PCIClk) >>
    << ASUSTeK Computer Inc 82845PE Brookdale Host-Hub Interface Bridge
    (B0-step) >>
    < Device Information >
    Device Type: Host Processor Bridge
    Device ID: bus 0, device 0, function 0
    OEM Device Name: Intel Corporation 82845PE Brookdale
    Host-Hub Interface Bridge (B0-step)
    OEM Hardware ID: FUN_0, VEN_8086, DEV_2560, REV_02
    Device Name: ASUSTeK Computer Inc 82845PE
    Brookdale Host-Hub Interface Bridge (B0-step)
    Product ID: VEN_1043, DEV_80B2
    Revision: A / 3 (2)
    < Host Capabilities >
    Version: 1.00
    Mobile: Yes

    < AGP Capabilities >
    Version: 2.00
    Command Queue Length: 32
    Fast-Writes Support: Yes
    Over 4GB Addressing Support: No
    Side Band Support: Yes
    Data Transfer Modes Support: 1x 2x 4x

    < Device Capabilities >
    I/O port resources: No
    Memory resources: Yes
    Bus Master Capable: Yes
    Special Cycle Recognition: No
    Memory Write & Invalidate: No
    VGA Palette Snoop: No
    Parity Error Response: No
    Address/Data Stepping: No
    System Error Line: No
    Fast back-to-back Transactions: No
    Detects Parity Errors: No
    Supports System Error Line: No
    Supports Parity Line: No
    User Defined Format: No
    66MHz Bus Support: No
    New Capability List: Yes
    Device Select Timing: Fast
    Multi-Function Device: No
    Header: 00
    Interface: 00

    < Hardware Resources >
    Memory Range: F0000000
    Dynamic Management: Yes

    << Intel Corporation 82845PE Brookdale Host to AGP Bridge (B0-step) >>
    < Device Information >
    Device Type: PCI to PCI Bridge
    Device ID: bus 0, device 1, function 0
    Windows Device Name: PCI standard PCI-to-PCI bridge
    OEM Device Name: Intel Corporation 82845PE Brookdale
    Host to
    AGP Bridge (B0-step)
    OEM Hardware ID: FUN_0, VEN_8086, DEV_2561, REV_02
    Revision: A / 3 (2)

    < Device Capabilities >
    Latency Timer: 64 clk
    I/O port resources: Yes
    Memory resources: Yes
    Bus Master Capable: Yes
    Special Cycle Recognition: No
    Memory Write & Invalidate: No
    VGA Palette Snoop: No
    Parity Error Response: No
    Address/Data Stepping: No
    System Error Line: No
    Fast back-to-back Transactions:No
    Detects Parity Errors: No
    Supports System Error Line: No
    Supports Parity Line: No
    User Defined Format: No
    66MHz Bus Support: Yes
    New Capability List: No
    Device Select Timing: Fast
    Multi-Function Device: No
    Header: 01
    Interface: 00

    < Bridge Settings >
    Primary Bus No.: 0
    Secondary Bus No.: 1
    Subordinate Bus No.: 1
    Decoding: Positive

    < Hardware Resources >
    Dynamic Management: Yes

    << AGP Bus 1 (2/1x PCIClk) >>
    << ASUSTeK Computer Inc V8200 Deluxe Video-in, TV Out, 3D Glasses,
    64Mb DDR >>
    < Device Information >
    Device Type: VGA Video Adapter
    Device ID: bus 1, device 0, function 0
    Windows Device Name: NVIDIA GeForce3
    OEM Device Name: Nvidia Corp GeForce3 [NV20]
    OEM Hardware ID: FUN_0, VEN_10DE, DEV_0200, REV_A3
    Device Name: ASUSTeK Computer Inc V8200 Deluxe
    Video-in,
    TV Out, 3D Glasses, 64Mb DDR
    Product ID: VEN_1043, DEV_402F
    Revision: K / 4 (163)

    < Power Management Features >
    Version: 2.00
    Supports Clock Slow-down: Yes
    Supports D1 PM State: No
    Supports D2 PM State: No
    Supports PME#: No
    Supports PME Clock: No

    < AGP Capabilities >
    Version: 2.00
    Command Queue Length: 32
    Fast-Writes Support: No
    Over 4GB Addressing Support: No
    Side Band Support: No
    Data Transfer Modes Support: 1x 2x 4x

    < Device Capabilities >
    Latency Timer: 248 clk
    I/O port resources: Yes
    Memory resources: Yes
    Bus Master Capable: Yes
    Special Cycle Recognition: No
    Memory Write & Invalidate: No
    VGA Palette Snoop: No
    Parity Error Response: No
    Address/Data Stepping: No
    System Error Line: No
    Fast back-to-back Transactions:No
    Detects Parity Errors: No
    Supports System Error Line: No
    Supports Parity Line: No
    User Defined Format: No
    66MHz Bus Support: Yes
    New Capability List: Yes
    Device Select Timing: Medium
    Multi-Function Device: No
    Header: 00
    Interface: 00

    < Hardware Resources >
    Memory Range: EA000000
    Memory Range: EC000000
    Memory Range: EB800000
    Irq. No.: 16
    INT Pin: A#
    Dynamic Management: Yes

    <<< Video System Information >>>

    << Video Adapter >>
    << Primary Display Driver (display) >>
    < Video Adapter >
    Model: NVIDIA GeForce3
    Chipset: GeForce3
    RAMDAC: Integrated RAMDAC
    Video BIOS: Version 3.20.00.10.00
    VGA Compatible: No
    Total Memory: 64MB (63MB Video)
    Texture Memory: 95MB

    < AGP Capabilities >
    Version: 2.00
    Command Queue Length: 32
    Fast-Writes Enabled: No
    Side Band Enabled: No
    Data Transfer Modes Support: 1x 2x 4x
    Current Data Transfer Rate

    < Video BIOS >
    Date: 04/30/01
    Version: 3.20.00.10.AS01

    < Video Driver >
    Model: nv4_mini.sys
    Version: 6.14.10.5216
    Expected Windows Version: 4.00
    Video Acceleration: Yes

    < Supported Video Modes >

    < System i2c Controller 1 >
    Model: nVidia Riva GFX DDC1 i2c
    Speed: 50kHz

    < System i2c Controller 2 >
    Model: nVidia Riva GFX DDC2 i2c
    Speed: 50kHz

    < Environment Monitor 1 >
    Model: Winbond W83781D Video SMB
    Version: 1.01

    < Temperature Sensor(s) >
    Board Temperature: 50.0°C / 122.0°F
    Chip Temperature: 50.0°C / 122.0°F
    Aux Temperature: 38.5°C / 101.3°F

    < Cooling Device(s) >
    Auto Fan Speed Control: No
    Chip Fan Speed: 7759rpm

    < Voltage Sensor(s) >
    Chip Voltage: 1.66V
    Aux Voltage: 1.60V
    +3.3V Voltage: 3.26V
    +5V Voltage: 5.11V
    +12V Voltage: 11.86V

    < Enhanced Video Settings >
    Animation Effects Enabled: No
    Full Windows Drag Enabled: Yes
    Font Smoothing Enabled: Yes
    HighContrast Feature On: No

    < Device Mode Characteristics >
    Physical Medium Width: 450 mm, 18 in
    Physical Medium Height: 330 mm, 13 in
    Recommended CRT/Panel Size: 26 in
    Horizontal/Vertical Resolution:96x96 dpi
    Colour Bits/Planes: 32 / 1 bit(s) pp
    Brushes: 4294967295
    Pens: 4294967295
    Colours/Shades: 4294967295
    Pixel Width/Height/Diagonal: 36 / 36 / 51

    < Driver Clipping Capabilities >
    Can Clip Output to Rectangle: Yes
    Can Clip Output to Region: No

    < Driver Raster Capabilities >
    Supports Banding: No
    Supports Fonts Larger than 64K:Yes
    Can Transfer Bitmaps: Yes
    Supports Bitmaps Larger than 6:Yes
    Supports Device Bitmaps: No
    Supports DIBs: Yes
    DIBs on Device Surface: Yes
    Flood Fills: Yes
    Supports Windows 2.x: Yes
    Stretch/Compress Bitmaps: Yes
    Stretch/Compress DIBs: Yes
    Supports Scaling: No
    Palette-Based Device: No
    Saves Bitmap Locally: No

    < Driver Curve Capabilities >
    Can Draw Circles: Yes
    Can Draw Ellipses: Yes
    Can Draw Pie Wedges: Yes
    Can Draw Chord Arcs: Yes
    Can Draw Wide Borders: Yes
    Can Draw Styled Borders: Yes
    Can Draw Wide, Styled Borders: Yes
    Can Draw Rounded Rectangles: Yes
    Can Draw Interiors: Yes

    < Driver Line Capabilities >
    Can Draw Polylines: Yes
    Can Draw Styled Lines: Yes
    Can Draw Wide Lines: Yes
    Can Draw Wide, Styled Lines: Yes
    Can Draw Markers: Yes
    Can Draw Polymarkers: Yes
    Can Draw Interiors: Yes

    < Driver Polygonal Capabilities >
    Can Draw Alternate-fill Polygo:Yes
    Can Draw Winding-fill Polygons:Yes
    Can Draw Rectangles: Yes
    Can Draw Scan Lines: Yes
    Can Draw Wide Borders: Yes
    Can Draw Styled Borders: Yes
    Can Draw Wide, Styled Borders: Yes
    Can Draw Interiors: Yes

    < Driver Text Capabilities >
    Supports Stroke Clip Precision:Yes
    Supports Stroke Output Precisi:Yes
    Supports Character Output Prec:Yes
    Supports 90° Character Rotatio:No
    Supports Any Angle Character R:No
    Supports Independent X-Y Scali:No
    Supports Doubled Character for:No
    Supports Integer Multiples for:No
    Any Multiples for Exact Scalin:No
    Can Draw Double-Weighted Chara:No
    Can Italicise: No
    Can Underline: Yes
    Can Draw Strikeouts: Yes
    Can Draw Raster Fonts: Yes
    Can Draw Vector Fonts: Yes
    Cannot Scroll Using BitBlt: No

    << Monitor >>
    << Iiyama HA202DT, VisionMaster Pro 512 >>
    < Monitor/Panel >
    Device ID: Iiyama HA202DT, VisionMaster Pro
    512
    Maximum Resolution: 2048x1536
    Horizontal Scan Range: 30.0-140.0kHz
    Vertical Refresh Range: 50.0-200.0Hz
    DPMS Energy Star Compliant: Yes

    < PnP/DDC Monitor Data >
    Manufacturer: Idek Iiyama
    Serial Number: 0098A9B7
    Date of Manufacture: 2001/35
    Type: RGB colour
    CRT/Panel Size: 22 in
    Horizontal/Vertical CRT/Panel :450 mm / 330 mm
    Input Signal Type: Analogue, Separate Sync, Composite
    Sync, Sync
    on Green 0.7/0.3V
    Gamma Factor: 2.20
    DPMS Modes Supported: Off Suspend
    EDID Version: 1.03

    <<< Hardware IRQ Settings >>>

    0: System timer
    1: Standard 101/102-Key or Microsoft Natural PS/2 Keyboard
    3: COM2
    3: Communications Port (COM2)
    4: COM1
    4: Communications Port (COM1)
    6: Standard floppy disk controller
    8: System CMOS/real time clock
    13: Numeric data processor
    14: Primary IDE Channel
    15: Secondary IDE Channel
    16: NVIDIA GeForce3
    16: Standard Universal PCI to USB Host Controller
    18: Standard Universal PCI to USB Host Controller
    19: Standard Universal PCI to USB Host Controller
    20: ASUSTeK/Broadcom 440x 10/100 Integrated Controller
    21: SB PCI(WDM)
    22: Microsoft ACPI-Compliant System
    23: Intel PCI to USB Enhanced Host Controller

    ***** End of Report *****

    and kissing builds up your mouth

Nvidia Asus Graphics