Asus FX 5700 TD coolbits

Hi everyone,

I encouter a weird problem with my new Asus FX 5700 TD 256Mo.

The memory on this card is 3,6ns, so I expected the card to run at
550mhz.
I was surprised when I saw 500Mhz for the memory frequency.

With the Asus 52.16 on the CD bundled and the smartdoc, I'm able to
make the card run at 450/550 and see an 700pts improvement on
3Dmark2001.

But I've found these one a little old, so I go on the asus ftp and pick
a 62.11.
But with this one, as soon as I use SmartDoc, the 3Dmark2001 runs very
slow, I don't even run the test at all, I always stop it in the first
test when I see a max fps of 60-70 vs the 200+ I got without overclock.

Well.... so I give a try to ref drivers and coolbits 2.0...
I've tried lots of them from 61.77 to 66.81 and each time it's the same :
As soon as I use Frequencies and try to set the card at say : 450/550
the 3Dmark 2001 drops framerate.
This happends whether or not I reboot after setting the new
frequencies.

Any Idea ?

--
Alni

Same problem here, with the 128mb version. My frame rates in Doom 3 drop to
about 5-7fps...

"Alni" <none@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> Hi everyone,
>
> I encouter a weird problem with my new Asus FX 5700 TD 256Mo.
>
> The memory on this card is 3,6ns, so I expected the card to run at 550mhz.
> I was surprised when I saw 500Mhz for the memory frequency.
>
> With the Asus 52.16 on the CD bundled and the smartdoc, I'm able to make
> the card run at 450/550 and see an 700pts improvement on 3Dmark2001.
>
> But I've found these one a little old, so I go on the asus ftp and pick a
> 62.11.
> But with this one, as soon as I use SmartDoc, the 3Dmark2001 runs very
> slow, I don't even run the test at all, I always stop it in the first test
> when I see a max fps of 60-70 vs the 200+ I got without overclock.
>
> Well.... so I give a try to ref drivers and coolbits 2.0...
> I've tried lots of them from 61.77 to 66.81 and each time it's the same :
> As soon as I use Frequencies and try to set the card at say : 450/550 the
> 3Dmark 2001 drops framerate.
> This happends whether or not I reboot after setting the new frequencies.
>
> Any Idea ?
>
> --
> Alni

Bonjour,

Quietman avait énoncé :
> Same problem here, with the 128mb version. My frame rates in Doom 3 drop to
> about 5-7fps...

Powerstrip seems to be an issue.
I just installed 66.93 reference and set a light overclock +10% with
powerstrip, and the aquamark and 3dmark benchs reflect correctly the
overclock. 3DMark03 2850->3280pts.

--
Alni