FX 5700 X-Wing Alliance

Hi,

I've replaced my GF2 Ti with Asus FX 5700TD and I have corrupt text in
the hud while in the game X-Wing Alliance.
All is fine while in the "Defiance", briefings or while selecting
missions, but as soon as I'm in the craft (even in the hangar) all the
text in the display is almost unreadable ?

I've tried lots of drivers from 5x.xx to 61.xx and the problem is still
here. Tried playing with AA and AF without success.
A quick search in the google finds that's a known problem with th FX
series cards that LucasArt is aware but will not fix it (new ATI card
had this problem but it has been fixed by some recents catalyst).
Later, I've found some alternate fonts that make the text more
readable, but I'm not very satisfy.

I know it's an old game, but I'm sure there are X-Wing fans around this
forum.
May be someone has fixed it ?

Any idea ?

--
Alni

"Alni" <none@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I've replaced my GF2 Ti with Asus FX 5700TD and I have corrupt text in the
> hud while in the game X-Wing Alliance.
> All is fine while in the "Defiance", briefings or while selecting
> missions, but as soon as I'm in the craft (even in the hangar) all the
> text in the display is almost unreadable ?
>
> I've tried lots of drivers from 5x.xx to 61.xx and the problem is still
> here. Tried playing with AA and AF without success.
> A quick search in the google finds that's a known problem with th FX
> series cards that LucasArt is aware but will not fix it (new ATI card had
> this problem but it has been fixed by some recents catalyst).
> Later, I've found some alternate fonts that make the text more readable,
> but I'm not very satisfy.
>
> I know it's an old game, but I'm sure there are X-Wing fans around this
> forum.
> May be someone has fixed it ?
>
> Any idea ?
>
> --
> Alni

I hava that since a long time with a ti200, a 4200 and a 5900, I don't know
since wich drivers (or if it ever ran fine, as back in the time I played
that game a lot I had a v2 12mb setup wich ran fine). My guess is since
drivers 40.xx (might have been the first set I tried to play that game with
a nvidia card).
I'm looking forward for this fix too!

Bonjour,

BelaLvgosi avait écrit le 11/11/2004 :
> "Alni" <none@nowhere.com> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've replaced my GF2 Ti with Asus FX 5700TD and I have corrupt text in the
>> hud while in the game X-Wing Alliance.
>
> I hava that since a long time with a ti200, a 4200 and a 5900, I don't know
> since wich drivers (or if it ever ran fine, as back in the time I played that
> game a lot I had a v2 12mb setup wich ran fine). My guess is since drivers
> 40.xx (might have been the first set I tried to play that game with a nvidia
> card).

I've also get my old V2-12Mb out of the garbage, on the desk, ready to
put it back in the PC if I don't find an issue with the 5700 quickly.
:)

Thanks for reply

Regards.

--
Alni

Flash

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2001

"BelaLvgosi" <none@none.com> wrote in message

> "Alni" <none@nowhere.com> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've replaced my GF2 Ti with Asus FX 5700TD and I have corrupt text in
>> the hud while in the game X-Wing Alliance.
>> All is fine while in the "Defiance", briefings or while selecting
>> missions, but as soon as I'm in the craft (even in the hangar) all the
>> text in the display is almost unreadable ?
>>
>> I've tried lots of drivers from 5x.xx to 61.xx and the problem is still
>> here. Tried playing with AA and AF without success.
>> A quick search in the google finds that's a known problem with th FX
>> series cards that LucasArt is aware but will not fix it (new ATI card had
>> this problem but it has been fixed by some recents catalyst).
>> Later, I've found some alternate fonts that make the text more readable,
>> but I'm not very satisfy.
>>
>> I know it's an old game, but I'm sure there are X-Wing fans around this
>> forum.
>> May be someone has fixed it ?
>>
>> Any idea ?
>>
>> --
>> Alni
>>

> I hava that since a long time with a ti200, a 4200 and a 5900, I don't
> know since wich drivers (or if it ever ran fine, as back in the time I
> played that game a lot I had a v2 12mb setup wich ran fine). My guess is
> since drivers 40.xx (might have been the first set I tried to play that
> game with a nvidia card).
> I'm looking forward for this fix too!

I too contacted lucas arts about it...no answer of course.
I'm sorry to say I found a fix to the corrpt text in XW alliance.
My fix was to jump the NVidia ship, and defect to ATI.
My ATI 9600 pro works fine.