Forcing a game to run within a window?

Killerkris

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Well, I am a big fan of old turn based games that basically run slowly (ie the turns may take a long time if your opponent is taking his/her time). The background is that I want to run a game, birth of the federation, within a window on my computer system. I tried terminal services with no luck (ran the .exe but crashed straight back to desktop). Also setting the windows setting to run within a window didn't work either.

So I am wondering, is there some program that can force the game to run within a window (its only an 800x600 game and my desktop is far bigger) so that I can multitask.

The game itself uses directX 6 if that matters, but anyway, any and all suggestions welcomed

A Life, where can i download one of those from?

Killerkris

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
yep thats correct, the game seems to over-ride this or something, I guess to do with directX perhaps, well whatever the reason it just doesnt start in a window, just goes fullscreen imediately

Killerkris

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I was considering using Vmware, but its a very complex thing ,and it runs far slower than in native windows. It could work, but I was wondering really if there was an alternative