6800GT with high res LCD Display

Hello,

I recently purchached this card with Dual DVI. I am very happy with
it. But since using it with a brand new HP 2335 Monitor I have a lot
of pixel flickering where patterns are.
(basically with patterns like *.*.*.* where * is pixel on and . is
off. Sometimes even in "www" - I would see a constant flickering
inside the letters www.

I am a bit helpless. I tried the advanced timing options with the
newer drivers... It would sometimes help to set it to DMT... but only
for a while.
If I use a lower resolution then 1920x1200 I do not see any flickering
at all. I hope this weird setting do not hurt my monitor as it just
recently keept switching on and off in rapid succession. (it would
stay on as I switched to DMT)

DMT settings also do not apear to really save.

Thanks for your Time.
Reto Egeter

Do you get the same problem on both DVI ports? I think one of them is
driven by the NV40's internal TDMS transmitter and the other one is
driven by an external transmitter chip. Maybe one of them does a better
job than the other.

On 10 Nov 2004 08:56:43 -0800, regeter@gmail.com (Reto) wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I recently purchached this card with Dual DVI. I am very happy with
>it. But since using it with a brand new HP 2335 Monitor I have a lot
>of pixel flickering where patterns are.
>(basically with patterns like *.*.*.* where * is pixel on and . is
>off. Sometimes even in "www" - I would see a constant flickering
>inside the letters www.
>
>I am a bit helpless. I tried the advanced timing options with the
>newer drivers... It would sometimes help to set it to DMT... but only
>for a while.
>If I use a lower resolution then 1920x1200 I do not see any flickering
>at all. I hope this weird setting do not hurt my monitor as it just
>recently keept switching on and off in rapid succession. (it would
>stay on as I switched to DMT)
>
>DMT settings also do not apear to really save.
>
>Thanks for your Time.
>Reto Egeter

Reto

I had this problem with DVi and the best fix was a better Cable.