Compatible Memory

Last response: in Computer Brands
Share
March 22, 2005 9:37:33 PM

I have an old Gateway Athlon Select K7-950 (well 900 now, the 950 fried and
I bought a combo with same board and a 900mhz processor).
(http://support.gateway.com/support/srt/docs.asp?sn=0022...). Was
wondering about the memory density. It says it comes with 16x8. Would 32x8
modules work with this motherboard? I looked on the site, I know a bit
about computers, but memory density issues aren't my strong point. Thanks.

More about : compatible memory

Anonymous
a b } Memory
March 23, 2005 3:56:28 AM

Higher density DIMMs will almost invariably work in a computer as long as they
meet the specs required by the motherboard, e.g. PC133, PC100, or PC66. Low
density DIMMs will not work properly in older motherboards... Ben Myers

On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 18:37:33 -0500, "Smith" <rangerxlt92@cox.net> wrote:

>I have an old Gateway Athlon Select K7-950 (well 900 now, the 950 fried and
>I bought a combo with same board and a 900mhz processor).
>(http://support.gateway.com/support/srt/docs.asp?sn=0022...). Was
>wondering about the memory density. It says it comes with 16x8. Would 32x8
>modules work with this motherboard? I looked on the site, I know a bit
>about computers, but memory density issues aren't my strong point. Thanks.

March 23, 2005 3:56:29 AM

Ah okay, had it backwards then, told you I was washy with density :)
Thanks.

!