Compatible Memory

smith

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2003

I have an old Gateway Athlon Select K7-950 (well 900 now, the 950 fried and
I bought a combo with same board and a 900mhz processor).
(http://support.gateway.com/support/srt/docs.asp?sn=0022493070). Was
wondering about the memory density. It says it comes with 16x8. Would 32x8
modules work with this motherboard? I looked on the site, I know a bit
about computers, but memory density issues aren't my strong point. Thanks.

Higher density DIMMs will almost invariably work in a computer as long as they
meet the specs required by the motherboard, e.g. PC133, PC100, or PC66. Low
density DIMMs will not work properly in older motherboards... Ben Myers

On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 18:37:33 -0500, "Smith" <rangerxlt92@cox.net> wrote:

>I have an old Gateway Athlon Select K7-950 (well 900 now, the 950 fried and
>I bought a combo with same board and a 900mhz processor).
>(http://support.gateway.com/support/srt/docs.asp?sn=0022493070). Was
>wondering about the memory density. It says it comes with 16x8. Would 32x8
>modules work with this motherboard? I looked on the site, I know a bit
>about computers, but memory density issues aren't my strong point. Thanks.

smith

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2003

Ah okay, had it backwards then, told you I was washy with density :)
Thanks.

> Higher density DIMMs will almost invariably work in a computer as long as
> they
> meet the specs required by the motherboard, e.g. PC133, PC100, or PC66.
> Low
> density DIMMs will not work properly in older motherboards... Ben Myers
>
> On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 18:37:33 -0500, "Smith" <rangerxlt92@cox.net> wrote:
>
>>I have an old Gateway Athlon Select K7-950 (well 900 now, the 950 fried
>>and
>>I bought a combo with same board and a 900mhz processor).
>>(http://support.gateway.com/support/srt/docs.asp?sn=0022493070). Was
>>wondering about the memory density. It says it comes with 16x8. Would
>>32x8
>>modules work with this motherboard? I looked on the site, I know a bit
>>about computers, but memory density issues aren't my strong point.
>>Thanks.

TRENDING THREADS