GeForce 6800 GT graphic distortions

Hello,

I bought me a Nvidia Geforce 9999 GT from Asus 1 month ago. It worked fine
and fast, but since 1 week I have strange graphic distortions when playing
America's Army in Windows 2000.

Every 3-5 minutes the resolution seems to change to a lower one for some
frames (but didn't really change) and huge pixels appear in strange order
with graphic distortions.

First I thought it was the graphics adaptor, so I exchanged it to a MSI
GeForce NX6800 GT. But the problem still appears. Card temperature is about
57° C, CPU is about 56° C and system temp is at 40° C.

The only program this is affected is America's Army (DirectX). Doom 3
(OpenGL), Deus Ex 2 (dunno), Panzers (dunno), Far Cry (there are known
graphic problems, but this is the graphics engine) and other games run
fine.

I checked the RAM and it's just fine. Have newest Detonator driver (61.77),
newest DirectX (9.0c) and newest MB drivers.

System:

MB Asus P4P800-E Deluxe
P4 3,0 GHz
MSI NX 6800 GT formerly Asus 9999 GT
2x512MB Kingston Value RAM CL 2.5
DirectX 9.0c
Nvidia Detonator 61.77
W2K Pro

THX
Sascha

> I checked the RAM and it's just fine. Have newest Detonator driver
(61.77),
> newest DirectX (9.0c) and newest MB drivers.

There are newer ForceWare Drivers on nvidia.com, check them out but i
personally think it is not the case.
Maybe it is the case of PSU (because the problems appears on both GT cards).

Byru

byru wrote:

> Maybe it is the case of PSU (because the problems appears on both GT
> cards).

Don't think that the power supply is the problem. I have an Enermax PSU with
431W output and the graphic card is on an extra connector. Should be
enough. But anyway, thanks for help.

Sascha

> Don't think that the power supply is the problem. I have an Enermax
> PSU with 431W output and the graphic card is on an extra connector.
> Should be enough. But anyway, thanks for help.

Many Enermax PSU's are rated only at temps up to 25C. Then they cut down
to 80% or so. So your 431W Enermax PSU might only be able to output 344W.

Ok the The screen resizing and stuff is a Bug/Side Effect from Punkbuster,
When i had my 4200 everytime PB did certain things my screen would do
exactly what you described, I had also had a problem with Nvidia/PB with
Enemy Territory...it Hard Crashed my entire computer
Cliff

"Sascha Kiesewetter" <sashk@gmx.net> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I bought me a Nvidia Geforce 9999 GT from Asus 1 month ago. It worked fine
> and fast, but since 1 week I have strange graphic distortions when playing
> America's Army in Windows 2000.
>
> Every 3-5 minutes the resolution seems to change to a lower one for some
> frames (but didn't really change) and huge pixels appear in strange order
> with graphic distortions.
>
> First I thought it was the graphics adaptor, so I exchanged it to a MSI
> GeForce NX6800 GT. But the problem still appears. Card temperature is
> about
> 57° C, CPU is about 56° C and system temp is at 40° C.
>
> The only program this is affected is America's Army (DirectX). Doom 3
> (OpenGL), Deus Ex 2 (dunno), Panzers (dunno), Far Cry (there are known
> graphic problems, but this is the graphics engine) and other games run
> fine.
>
> I checked the RAM and it's just fine. Have newest Detonator driver
> (61.77),
> newest DirectX (9.0c) and newest MB drivers.
>
> System:
>
> MB Asus P4P800-E Deluxe
> P4 3,0 GHz
> MSI NX 6800 GT formerly Asus 9999 GT
> 2x512MB Kingston Value RAM CL 2.5
> DirectX 9.0c
> Nvidia Detonator 61.77
> W2K Pro
>
> THX
> Sascha

With the new Detonator driver (66.93) the problem disapeared. But a new
problem occurs.

The frame rate is not the same as it should. I play America's Army with
about 70 fps and so it's shown with the command "stat fps", but I can see
that the game isn't running with that fps. It's only about 25-30 fps I
think. In situations with smoke, the frame rate drops below 10 or
something, but it still shows 60 fps (with red figures, so it must be below
15 fps).

Why the f... Nvidia can't program working drivers.

Sascha