New Asus drivers seem weird

I upgraded the Asus 61.21 drivers that came with my V9999 FX6800 card to the
62.11 drivers I found on their site. Since then, I don't seem to be able to
get reliable voltage or temp reports from SmartDoctor nor can I overclock
the core or memory. The sliders seem to work but on re-boot values are back
to default.

I tried the CoolBits registry hack to see if it would work differently but
those setting also go back to default (350,1000) after a reboot, even if I
tic the "Use these settings after re-boot" check box.

Anyone else seeing these weird conditions?

dvus

Bonjour,

dvus avait écrit le 12/11/2004 :

> I tried the CoolBits registry hack to see if it would work differently but
> those setting also go back to default (350,1000) after a reboot, even if I
> tic the "Use these settings after re-boot" check box.
>
> Anyone else seeing these weird conditions?

After a clean desinstall of the Asus drivers, install the reference
drivers that you want and use "Powerstrip" to set mem and core
frequencies.

After wandering 2 weeks on the web, searching for an issue to the lack
of overclocking possibilities with Asus cards out of the 53.03 and
smartdoc, I finally found out that powerstrip set frequencies at low
"hard" level, and now I can use my speeds settings with the last ref
driver 66.93.
Don't enable coolbits, each time I use the well known trick with all
the drivers from asus or nvidia, it killed my fps in every benchmarks
and games.

--
Alni

Alni wrote:
> dvus avait écrit le 12/11/2004 :
>>
>> I tried the CoolBits registry hack to see if it would work
>> differently but those settings also go back to default (350,1000)
>> after a reboot, even if I tic the "Use these settings after re-boot"
>> check box. Anyone else seeing these weird conditions?
>
> After a clean desinstall of the Asus drivers, install the reference
> drivers that you want and use "Powerstrip" to set mem and core
> frequencies.

I dunno, I re-installed the Asus drivers and everything including
SmartDoctor started working all of a sudden and my oc settings are being
preserved after re-boot. I even was able to turn on the disabled pipes and
vertex in RivaTuner, though there's some doubt whether that actually does
anything.

> After wandering 2 weeks on the web, searching for an issue to the lack
> of overclocking possibilities with Asus cards out of the 53.03 and
> smartdoc, I finally found out that powerstrip set frequencies at low
> "hard" level, and now I can use my speeds settings with the last ref
> driver 66.93.
> Don't enable coolbits, each time I use the well known trick with all
> the drivers from asus or nvidia, it killed my fps in every benchmarks
> and games.

I'm seeing weird stuff like that too, apparently things are getting too
complicated to expect consistant results with all combinations of hard and
software.

dvus